Planning 24 Hour Online Nürburgring Charity Run

  • Thread starter Thread starter KaosAngel
  • 119 comments
  • 10,359 views
Depending what day/time this starts on, I am interested! :dopey:
 
i was thinking of driving this until i saw the car restrictions. So, no love for street cars? I was thinkin of driving around a nice Nissan Skyline Pace Car. I guess i wont join, then. And losing the pit stop lap is absolutely idiotic. Do you see people IRL in timed endurance races losing a lap for making a pit stop? No
Some of these rules are quite whimsical and inane.
 
i was thinking of driving this until i saw the car restrictions. So, no love for street cars? I was thinkin of driving around a nice Nissan Skyline Pace Car. I guess i wont join, then. And losing the pit stop lap is absolutely idiotic. Do you see people IRL in timed endurance races losing a lap for making a pit stop? No
Some of these rules are quite whimsical and inane.

You don't lose a lap, you lose the time. So you're making it up. You can't make the rules like that, but you can go on the penalties and void laps due to crashes and corner cuts.

I should reword it. Also, the regulations are still in process, just some ideas some people threw around.
 
The rules need work, if I cut a corner, I loose laps of my count and thats ok. But who says I cut the corner? And what if someone hates me and lies about cutting of said corner. Next situation to think about is me cutting tons of corners and no one happens to see. Its not realistic to be able to enforce.

If its for chairty I would loosen up the rules a bit.
 
The rules need work, if I cut a corner, I loose laps of my count and thats ok. But who says I cut the corner? And what if someone hates me and lies about cutting of said corner. Next situation to think about is me cutting tons of corners and no one happens to see. Its not realistic to be able to enforce.

If its for chairty I would loosen up the rules a bit.

The game automatically knows it from the settings. >.>

Also good point, we should loosen up on that. The point is the fun and knowing thousands of people are watching!
 
Can I drive a Fiat 500F? :D

:lol: I won't actually, but it would be good fun to see that.
 
I wanted to do a bazillion laps in my Rosso Scuderia (red) GTR V-Spec. How about no cars under 600 BHP?
 
Why can't i just drive a Prius and have to fuel up...never! >_>
j/k
 
Why can't i just drive a Prius and have to fuel up...never! >_>
j/k

That sounds like a awesome idea within the charity or another event someone should start. See how many laps you can do on one tank of gas. I would really be down for that.
 
What about branches for this, say a serious Super GT only, like Japanese tuners, REALLY slow cars and another one car type.
 
By Vent you mean Ventrilo? If so, why not use the in-game voice chat? Or is it another case feature that never made it in the game?
 
If more people wanted to run, why not just create more than one race, at the same time?
I was considering it, but now I guess why bother.
If it's in any way for charity, I'm confused why a limit on contestants, also why so many rules. Sounds more like a competitive race that somebody wanted, rather than a charity race.
Just questions.
 
This sounds great, can I put my name down for the Saturday test.
 
If more people wanted to run, why not just create more than one race, at the same time?
I was considering it, but now I guess why bother.
If it's in any way for charity, I'm confused why a limit on contestants, also why so many rules. Sounds more like a competitive race that somebody wanted, rather than a charity race.
Just questions.

Bingo. I'm sure that's what a lot of people are thinking.
 
TC has been more active on giantbomb or whatever, might wanna ask stuff there for now =/
 
No way! I'm still here!

Okay, anyone up for a stress run? I'm asking you guys first!

EDIT: We need a time today that is best for everyone!
 
Here is an idea 8pm Eastern, 7pm central, 6pm Mountain, and 5pm Pacific.

Note, this is not the official time, I am just throwing it out there.

This is now the official testing time.
 
Last edited:
Alright, 8pm works! Add me up on PSN so you can get into the lobby! The lobbies hold 32 users! Bring a mic!
 
Crap i think my endurance race ends at like 8:30 EST...oh well let me know how it goes >_>
 
@Seoulspirit, just add me up whenever...we'd more than likely just be racing and having fun!
 
Interested, +1 for being added the lottery.

GTP_ManicVJ
 
Alright, my Lounge is up! Add me on PSN, and go to Community...from there click on my name and join up!
 
Im ready for this i will throw my name in to the pot
 
No worries! Thanks for the GT-Planet users who stopped by! We still got a month to go to figure all of it out, so don't worry if you couldn't join up! We still gotta plan stuff, and if people got any ideas...feel free to shoot 'em!

I'll post on GTP more often as well.
 
cat and mouse was funn.. thanks for the invite kaos!!
 
Back