Play DiRT Rally 2.0 on Xbox for Free This Weekend, Plus 70% Discount on Full Game

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 3, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

PJTierney likes this.
  2. danimac

danimac

I hope PS4 get this 70% deal soon. It’s a good price. I personal downloaded the Trial some time ago and it’s a fun game I recommend it to anyone thinking about giving Dirt 2.0 ago. It’s actually fun and I found it great with a Controller as well as a wheel. I just want to try out the Rally X stuff for fun, those cars are so much joy to drive.

Edit: PSN AUS have it for $30.95 right now noice!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  3. tunaphis

tunaphis

Paid $11.00 for two countries but can't use them due to 32gb update ahead in the patch queue.That will require a $50 data (40gb) recharge plus fuel enough for the generator to download,copy and install said patch.Cider while watching download.
    To play a game I paid $100 for.

4. PJTierney

PJTierney

Something I posted a while back on Steam which is relevant to this:

In short, the entire game is required to be downloaded by all players, due to how the game is structured.

matzel likes this.
  5. PJTierney

PJTierney

If anyone needs a hand with that here are my settings:

MrCrynox likes this.
  6. tunaphis

tunaphis

Why did I buy a disc then,Only to have to download a locked completed game.With data costs and dlc this game is over $300. @#&! That.

7. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Sorry to say it, but modern gaming may not be for you. These days the disc basically serves as proof you legally own the game and little else.

8. Tristan H

Tristan H

You can still sell or trade a physical disc. Can't do that with a digital version.

9. Northstar

Northstar Premium

What does that have to do with my point? :confused:

10. Tristan H

Tristan H

The disc is more than just proof you own the game. I'm trying to give @tunaphis some hope. At the very least the disc can be sold to get some money back.

potvinsuks likes this.
  11. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I downloaded this and gave it a try over the weekend. Looked good but I just could not come to grips with the handling. Deleted it after a couple hours of trying and failing to figure it out. I'm guessing this plays better on a steering wheel rather than an XBox controller.

12. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's not though, no matter what new game it is you are going to have a decent sized download the first time you start it up. Being able to re-sell the game really doesn't help much if you are saddled with poor internet since you won't recoup the entire cost.

13. Nielsen

Nielsen

May I ask why do you gave up after two hours? Sim rallying isn't supposed to be easy from the get go, and this game pays off massively when you get the hang of it. It also has a well-deserved reputation of being great with controller pads. Personally I only fiddled slightly with steering input speed setting.

I highly recommend you reinstall the game and give it a greater chance, otherwise you're missing out on great fun in the long term. I'm having a blast every time.

MrCrynox likes this.
  14. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's just not for me.

MrCrynox likes this.
  15. CoyoteX

CoyoteX

Does the SUPER DIGITAL DELUXE VERSION inludes all DLCs or are there still cars or tracks to buy seperately ingame as DLCs in the PS Store?
    I would be glad if someone could answer this question as the store infos don't clarify this exactly because there is a passus that ingame purchases are possible. The Upgrade Boosters etc. i don't need, it's only about Cars and Tracks.
    Thank you,
    CoyoteX

16. flatdarkmars

flatdarkmars

Super Deluxe includes everything except for a couple of "early unlock" type DLCs that allow you to buy certain cars (already in the base game) with money instead of in-game credits. So yes, it gets you all cars and tracks.

CoyoteX likes this.
  17. CoyoteX

CoyoteX

Thank you very much for your answer. So i can think about purchasing it today.

CoyoteX

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020