Play DiRT Rally 2.0 on Xbox for Free This Weekend, Plus 70% Discount on Full Game

I hope PS4 get this 70% deal soon. It’s a good price. I personal downloaded the Trial some time ago and it’s a fun game I recommend it to anyone thinking about giving Dirt 2.0 ago. It’s actually fun and I found it great with a Controller as well as a wheel. I just want to try out the Rally X stuff for fun, those cars are so much joy to drive.

Edit: PSN AUS have it for $30.95 right now noice!

Attachments

• 7A2886DB-69AD-46BB-AFEB-74582A680C7C.png
    7A2886DB-69AD-46BB-AFEB-74582A680C7C.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Paid $11.00 for two countries but can't use them due to 32gb update ahead in the patch queue.That will require a $50 data (40gb) recharge plus fuel enough for the generator to download,copy and install said patch.Cider while watching download.
To play a game I paid $100 for.

Paid $11.00 for two countries but can't use them due to 32gb update ahead in the patch queue.That will require a $50 data (40gb) recharge plus fuel enough for the generator to download,copy and install said patch.Cider while watching download.
To play a game I paid $100 for.

Something I posted a while back on Steam which is relevant to this:

Hello everyone.

In recent weeks we've seen a few questions regarding the downloading of game updates, DLC and the like, and the increased size of the game. Here's a brief note on why this happens, even when you don't own the DLC.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is a game where special Events are running every day, like your Daily Challenges.

Some of these Events allow you to play with DLC locations despite not owning said DLC content.

In Multiplayer Lobbies, players without DLC content can still use them if the host owns relevant DLC items, ensuring that the playerbase isn't segmented.

Outside of this, all content is downloaded to ensure players can immediately play with any extra content they buy, instead of waiting for a separate download.

Because of all the above, all players are required to have the entire game's content installed.

At launch this was around 50 GB, but as the game has grown over time it is now close to 100 GB. The Store Page has now been updated to reflect this.

Hopefully this clarifies things a little better for you all now; thank you for continuing to drive with us.
-PJ

In short, the entire game is required to be downloaded by all players, due to how the game is structured.

Why did I buy a disc then,Only to have to download a locked completed game.With data costs and dlc this game is over $300. @#&! That.

Why did I buy a disc then,Only to have to download a locked completed game.With data costs and dlc this game is over $300. @#&! That.

Sorry to say it, but modern gaming may not be for you. These days the disc basically serves as proof you legally own the game and little else.

I downloaded this and gave it a try over the weekend. Looked good but I just could not come to grips with the handling. Deleted it after a couple hours of trying and failing to figure it out. I'm guessing this plays better on a steering wheel rather than an XBox controller.

The disc is more than just proof you own the game.

It's not though, no matter what new game it is you are going to have a decent sized download the first time you start it up. Being able to re-sell the game really doesn't help much if you are saddled with poor internet since you won't recoup the entire cost.

I downloaded this and gave it a try over the weekend. Looked good but I just could not come to grips with the handling. Deleted it after a couple hours of trying and failing to figure it out. I'm guessing this plays better on a steering wheel rather than an XBox controller.

May I ask why do you gave up after two hours? Sim rallying isn't supposed to be easy from the get go, and this game pays off massively when you get the hang of it. It also has a well-deserved reputation of being great with controller pads. Personally I only fiddled slightly with steering input speed setting.

I highly recommend you reinstall the game and give it a greater chance, otherwise you're missing out on great fun in the long term. I'm having a blast every time.

I highly recommend you reinstall the game and give it a greater chance, otherwise you're missing out on great fun in the long term. I'm having a blast every time.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's just not for me.

Does the SUPER DIGITAL DELUXE VERSION inludes all DLCs or are there still cars or tracks to buy seperately ingame as DLCs in the PS Store?
I would be glad if someone could answer this question as the store infos don't clarify this exactly because there is a passus that ingame purchases are possible. The Upgrade Boosters etc. i don't need, it's only about Cars and Tracks.
Thank you,
CoyoteX

Does the SUPER DIGITAL DELUXE VERSION inludes all DLCs or are there still cars or tracks to buy seperately ingame as DLCs in the PS Store?
I would be glad if someone could answer this question as the store infos don't clarify this exactly because there is a passus that ingame purchases are possible. The Upgrade Boosters etc. i don't need, it's only about Cars and Tracks.
Thank you,
CoyoteX
Super Deluxe includes everything except for a couple of "early unlock" type DLCs that allow you to buy certain cars (already in the base game) with money instead of in-game credits. So yes, it gets you all cars and tracks.

Super Deluxe includes everything except for a couple of "early unlock" type DLCs that allow you to buy certain cars (already in the base game) with money instead of in-game credits. So yes, it gets you all cars and tracks.
Thank you very much for your answer. So i can think about purchasing it today.

CoyoteX

Last edited:
Back