Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
Without sounding too dumb, what is a raspberry pi? Are there any plans for marketing or selling these all ready to go with no D.I.Y. Work?

Its a small computer, roughly the size of a smartphone. If your pc/laptop is in same room as ps4 then pi isnt needed.

The hardwork is all in the software which is freely available. Since the software code is opensource Id expect the titan/cronus dongles will make use of this code and youll be able to just buy one of those devices, I think those devices are roughly usd60.00 and you'd want to wait until those devices confirm ffb.

Anyways I wish I saw this thread earlier... my parts arrive in a couple of weeks and if it works well then I can spend my wheel savings on my car instead.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is poor form, and I don't wish to take business from a fellow DIY fabricator, however, for those that don't have the skills/time/want to do it yourself. Ricmitech has a solution as well. A bit expensive, but its Prego (already ready already.)
http://www.ricmotech.com/category_s/1840.htm
That adapter is great for no FFB and massive input lag.

Id expect the titan/cronus dongles will make use of this code and youll be able to just buy one of those devices, I think those devices are roughly usd60.00 and you'd want to wait until those devices confirm ffb.

Yep, Matlo has already received a Titan One from Jefferson, and they are in communication with each other. I plan on waiting until proper firmware is released for the Titan One, and proceed to simply buy that instead. The guys behind ChronusMax can eat a bag of dicks. They'll never get my support.

Put my adapter together today and it works perfectly. I've used it with Driveclub and there's no lag, all the FFB effects are there, all button inputs work - I'm well chuffed as it's saved me plus £200

img_0586uzrpw.jpg

It cost me £9 - these are the parts I used:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEONARDO-...28356953&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-to-TTL-UART-6PIN-CP2102-Module-Adaptor-/111303811891

:cheers: to the creator and testers 👍

Last edited:
Put my adapter together today and it works perfectly. I've used it with Driveclub and there's no lag, all the FFB effects are there, all button inputs work - I'm well chuffed as it's saved me plus £200

img_0586uzrpw.jpg

It cost me £9 - these are the parts I used:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEONARDO-...28356953&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-to-TTL-UART-6PIN-CP2102-Module-Adaptor-/111303811891

:cheers: to the creator and testers 👍

For some clarification, do you need to have your laptop on/hooked up all the time, or just during the initial programming? Any other tips to add to those listed on the blog site?

I love this work around. Stick that in your pipe & smoke it Logitech!

:P

For some clarification, do you need to have your laptop on/hooked up all the time, or just during the initial programming? Any other tips to add to those listed on the blog site?

Your computer needs to be running during use, but having a fully functional G27 on PS4, I think this minor inconvenience is worth it. No tips to add as the site covers it all. I've had about 5 hrs of trouble free use after following the instructions on there.

Your computer needs to be running during use, but having a fully functional G27 on PS4, I think this minor inconvenience is worth it. No tips to add as the site covers it all. I've had about 5 hrs of trouble free use after following the instructions on there.
On that note, couldn't a raspberry pi work, instead of a full PC?

So there you have it ladies and gents, with a bit know how and computer programming;

You actually can have a fully working G27/DFGT on your PS4.

So who's to blame here? Logitech I'm looking at you talking about all this security chip biz.

I think I have a laptop I haven't used in years just laying around that I will duct tape the adapter to and dedicate the laptop to just this function. 👍

Great solution for those of you who have their desktop PCs too far away from their console or in another room.

it emulates a controller, thats why there is massive input lag and some kind of rumble instead of proper force feedback.
gimx is the only working so far, because it emulates a g29

So has anyone else tried this and more importantly, has anyone posted a video of it actually working...with FFB and minimal input lag?
ask whistle snap. maybe he can make another video.the videos in the first post are not very good, but you can see that the ffb works.
at 6:22 in the g27 vid, he's driving hands free.
there are also a few users at the neogaf forums

A video of using it with the Pi? No can do as I don't have one, I can make an iPhone video of Gimx / PS4 when I have time, but it's only going to be the same as the other videos.

No bull**** here, this Gimx adapter is a legit lag free, FFB enabled solution to the PS4's Logitech wheel problem. It works perfectly, there's no gimmick, no money making scam involved like those other adapters linked in this thread, just a 100% working solution for your legacy Logitech wheel on PS4.

The adapter can also be used to play your console (PS3, PS4, 360) shooters with a mouse and keyboard, so it's a win-win situation.

ask whistle snap. maybe he can make another video.the videos in the first post are not very good, but you can see that the ffb works.
at 6:22 in the g27 vid, he's driving hands free.
there are also a few users at the neogaf forums
You need an independent reviewer who has no dog in the fight. The video you posted in the OP, has a camera angle the has the real wheel covering the virtual wheel which looks like you're trying to hide something.

You need an independent reviewer who has no dog in the fight. The video you posted in the OP, has a camera angle the has the real wheel covering the virtual wheel which looks like you're trying to hide something.
i'm not the OP..
why should it be fake or something be hidden?
it's open source and free for everyone. no profit=no need for false advertising

edit: @Whistle Snap
a video would be great. everything helps, to show that it is working.
nobody should buy these fake and overpriced dongles

Last edited:
The parts cost about A$17 - its not going to break the bank, my titan one cost a lot more than that. The software is free. If it works its a win-win for anyone with a ps4 and a DFGT or G27.

I'm waiting for parts to arrive from China to give another opinion.

Anyone tried fanatecs in ps3 mode? They emulate g27 technically right?

I think Fanatec wheels actually emulate a G25, so you have a very good point! If a G25 works on PS4 with this adapter & software, then maybe a Fanatec in PS3 mode will work too.

👍

Back