Playlist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cunny Funt
  • 66 comments
  • 2,946 views
kinigitt
from what I've heard in the trailers, it looks like it's going to be more generic techno-rock. At least be thankful it isn't EA's obnoxious "EA TRAX" soiling your ears.

What do you mean soiling your ears? The songs that EA use in most of their games(eg. NFS HP2 and underground, the NBA live games, particularly 2000-2005) is top quality stuff, quite unlike the crap they used for GT3. Think "Get Low" by lil john and the eastside boys and fever for ther flava by hot action cop. Two great songs that became hit singles.

EA can pick good music. The GT games cant.
 
I agree, PhatFat. It's just one of my favorite songs. 99 Problems isn't a car song. It's about girl problems. You wanna hear a great GT song? Listen to "Survival of the Sickest" By Saliva. Best Saliva song i've heard.
 
There should be a song by Garbage on the soundtrack. GT3 didn't seem right without a Garbage song.
 
Travi_D
What do you mean soiling your ears? The songs that EA use in most of their games(eg. NFS HP2 and underground, the NBA live games, particularly 2000-2005) is top quality stuff, quite unlike the crap they used for GT3. Think "Get Low" by lil john and the eastside boys and fever for ther flava by hot action cop. Two great songs that became hit singles.

EA can pick good music. The GT games cant.

ermm... did you play burnout 3?

Or underground 2?

awful stuff.
 
code_kev
Well as long as it's nothing off St Anger

Definitely.

If it's metal, I want to hear some Pantera, or Black Sabbath.
 
i like ridge racer music better then gt4 music. def not a fan of metal or rock or w.e. and hip hop is good, just not for racing. but some of the prologue songs i heard were good, some were rock, but in good taste, no van halen.
 
I drive better when I've got music playing. But it has to be the right music. Rap/Hip hop is good stuff, but it just doesn't get me in the mood to push a car to it's limits. Super Eurobeat/Techno/Trance/Rave ( :lol: ) and most rock are my favorites to listen to while driving. Hopefully GT4 will satisfy my cravings for driving music. :D
 
I just wish they'd put the old Jazz/Rock stuff back in the Japanese versions, the Japanese GT3 had exactly the same music as the Pal version. Although I liked a fair bit of it, I missed the slightly cheesy music from GT1 and GT2.
 
Race Idiot
I just wish they'd put the old Jazz/Rock stuff back in the Japanese versions, the Japanese GT3 had exactly the same music as the Pal version. Although I liked a fair bit of it, I missed the slightly cheesy music from GT1 and GT2.

the wheel shop music from GT2 takes the cheesy cake.
 
Some Metallica songs, The Eagles, Beach Boys, Rammstein, Green Day, Blur, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, :=)
 
kinigitt
the wheel shop music from GT2 takes the cheesy cake.

I'll dance to it, if i'm drunk!

I always find the menu music fairly catching though, although I loved the different dealers music in Gt1 (although the japanese menu music was different from the english language versions), I wish they'd do that again.

I can see the GT4 soundtrack being simmilar to the GT3 one in Pal/Asia and the American one will be full of Nu-Metal and other simmilar crap.

Anyway, the in race music only lasts about a week untill I turn it off. Actually in every GT4 demo and GT4P it seems that there is no music during the race as default, I wonder if the actual game will be like that.

I kinda liked Burnout 3's soundtrack, although not all of it.
 
Race Idiot
I'll dance to it, if i'm drunk!

I always find the menu music fairly catching though, although I loved the different dealers music in Gt1 (although the japanese menu music was different from the english language versions), I wish they'd do that again.

I can see the GT4 soundtrack being simmilar to the GT3 one in Pal/Asia and the American one will be full of Nu-Metal and other simmilar crap.

Anyway, the in race music only lasts about a week untill I turn it off. Actually in every GT4 demo and GT4P it seems that there is no music during the race as default, I wonder if the actual game will be like that.

I kinda liked Burnout 3's soundtrack, although not all of it.

I'll forgive you.

Yeah, I agree with you on one thing: GT1 and 2 had wierd, cheesy music, but at least it had character. GT3 is so banal and uninteresting I don't even remember it (cept that cult song.).
 
Could be odd such as

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER - BLONDIE


One way, or another, I’m gonna find ya,
I’m gonna get ya get ya get ya get ya
One way or another, I’m gonna win ya
I’m gonna get ya get ya get ya get ya
One way, or another, I’m gonna see ya
I’m gonna meet ya meet ya meet ya meet ya
One day, maybe next week,
I’m gonna meet ya, I’m gonna meet ya, I’ll meet ya
 
Pantera! Right on, some tracks off vulagr display of power would go down well. Also some megadeth would be pretty cool, and while where at it, some paradise lost too please :D And some slayer too would go down a treat imo...I'm sure alot of people won't agree lol

the BO3 sound track was made for people who like avril lavrine and mcfly. I race to megadeth because
A. I have SOME taste
B. I'm not 12
C. I don't like crappy skater pop punk, I want to race to some proper rock thank you very much


yes I'm very opinionated.
 
code_kev
Pantera! Right on, some tracks off vulagr display of power would go down well. Also some megadeth would be pretty cool, and while where at it, some paradise lost too please :D

the BO3 sound track was made for people who like avril lavrine and mcfly. I race to megadeth because
A. I have SOME taste
B. I'm not 12
C. I don't like crappy skater pop punk, I want to race to some proper rock thank you very much


yes I'm very opinionated.

Though I like punk rock (the seminal kind, if you can even define it that way), the stuff in BO3 doesn't even qualify as punk. It consists of a bunch of freshly-signed whiny-pants EMO dorks squeaking about their ex-girlfriends and how they smelled good.
 
Yeah your right, it's dirty emo music

"oh no I snapped my pencil, I'm gonna write a CRAP song about it, where I say how much I hate my parents, then post about it on live journal with pictures of my cuts"
 
Well yes, that's basically the worst EMO has to offer. Although there are some good bands allong those lines At The Drive-in is one, although it's classified as Emo i'd say it's music created under the influence of lots and lots of drugs.

Which if you think about it most of the best music is created under simmilar influences.

Although i'm going wildly offtopic, under the influence of not having had dinner.
 
Race Idiot
Well yes, that's basically the worst EMO has to offer. Although there are some good bands allong those lines At The Drive-in is one, although it's classified as Emo i'd say it's music created under the influence of lots and lots of drugs.

Which if you think about it most of the best music is created under simmilar influences.

Although i'm going wildly offtopic, under the influence of not having had dinner.

drugs+musicians=fantastic music.
 
Oh I pray to jebus you guys are NEVER in control of a soundtrack...

Erm, anyway while on the subject of music, does anyone know off hand what the song with the chick singing in GT4P is? I really like it but I have no idea what it is.
 
Hey how about ''Convoy'' by C.W. McCall .....pig pen this the rubber duck and I'm about to put the hammer down......
 
EA TRAX gives us Snoop Dogg and The Doors - Riders On The Storm.

I'm honestly offended by that mix.
 
wheellift
Hey how about ''Convoy'' by C.W. McCall .....pig pen this the rubber duck and I'm about to put the hammer down......

Convoy for the win.

There's a new cover of it that's kind of horrible.
 
nasanu
Oh I pray to jebus you guys are NEVER in control of a soundtrack...

Erm, anyway while on the subject of music, does anyone know off hand what the song with the chick singing in GT4P is? I really like it but I have no idea what it is.

that chick singing. damn, that's specific.
 
We need more Garbage music.

Especially some of their songs from "Version 2.0"(which is quite old now), like Push It, I Think I'm Paranoid, Dumb or Wicked Ways would be perfect.

Speaking of which, it's been long since I last heard anything about them...
 
Lindbl.resident
We need more Garbage music.

Especially some of their songs from "Version 2.0"(which is quite old now), like Push It, I Think I'm Paranoid, Dumb or Wicked Ways would be perfect.

Speaking of which, it's been long since I last heard anything about them...

another STP song would be welcome from me, as well as some soul coughing. That juse remimded me of the song that was played the most in GT2: dragula by rob zombie. man that song sucked.
 
What is your opinion on the songs from daiki kasho?

I actually liked them... of course, I also like trance and ambient music as well, so it's no surprise I actually like songs without lyrics... :p
 
kinigitt
that chick singing. damn, that's specific.

Well there is only one song with a Chick singing on GT4P.

And the American GT2 soundtrack was awesome, it's what introduced me to STP in the first place and Soul Coughing. Although I had never heard of Muse untill I heard them on GT3 and i'd never heard of Feeder untill I played the first GT. The soundtrack on the Pal version of GT2 was terrible, so terrible I can't remember anything about it.
 
Back