PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 34 comments
It's not about pleasing anyone, it's about being objective and unbiased, and trying to be as accurate as possible, and not putting a personal 'spin' on the information.

So you're claiming I am?

Besides, if you already did, as you claim you did, confirm all of these were not PS3 exclusives, then why didn’t you post your sources then?

Because I didn't feel like it was necessary?

On top of that, let's assume you really did find some form of confirmation... you just said you did this "months ago"... did it ever occur to you that things change, or that your sources were proven to be inaccurate since then? (Like L.A. Noire, which you knew was confirmed to be a PS3 exclusive back in June but didn't change it until now, when I brought it up again.)

Well, that's what you're supposed to do. When Bipedal Simulation is shown and announced for America beyond a two year old list, or when we know something about Jak and Daxter: Lost Frontier beyond a patent trademark, or when we know something about Zone of the Enders 3 beyond a snippit in a side bar from a year old magazine without clear sources, or when we know something about FIA Touring Car Championship more than a rumor, or when we know clearer information about Big Time Revenge's exclusivity, you're supposed to let me know. You did that with L.A. Noire, and I thank you for that.

Besides, several of those games yo claim aren't exclusives are from Sony... you honestly think Sony is going to release them on the 360? :rolleyes:

If a Sony published game is on PS3, PS2, and PSP, I don't consider it a PS3 exclusive.

When you decided for yourself it was OK to start your own "PS3 Exclusive" thread after one was already there, and one that you had and could have continued to update by simply posting in it, I had a feeling things were going to get dicey.

You do remember that you were gone for a month, never told anyone where you went, never told anyone when you'd come back, and when you did come back, I offered you to use the updated info I added to your list that was in my thread? Yet you never took me up on that offer?

Don't blame me.

Why did you list that first quote when it was obviously sarcasm, and I already clarified it was sarcasm when you used that quote before?

And if you think I manage my lists (PS3, 360, and Wii exclusives) with a bias, then I don't know what to say. I forgot to list L.A. Noire, that must make me biased. If we were to switch this around, would you listing rumored games as true exclusives make you a "Sonybot"? No. It's a human mistake, they happen.

I guess for the time being I’ll have to resurrect the original PS3 Exclusive thread and update it with current information.

If you really feel that is necessary, go ahead and manage your own list. I won't care.

Because I didn't feel like it was necessary?
Which is why it lacks credibility.

Well, that's what you're supposed to do.
The difference is you knew this was the case back in June.. it was even in the quote you took from Take 2. Why did it take you close to three months and a reminder from me to get you to change it? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.

If a Sony published game is on PS3, PS2, and PSP, I don't consider it a PS3 exclusive.
Well there one of your problems. Your saying there is no significant differences between a PS3, PS2, and PSP game... all of which are Sony anyway. :lol:

How convenient that MS killed off the Xbox and has no portable console... with your special rule it allows MS to appear to have more exclusive titles. Well done. 👍

You do remember that you were gone for a month, never told anyone where you went, never told anyone when you'd come back, and when you did come back, I offered you to use the updated info I added to your list that was in my thread? Yet you never took me up on that offer?

Don't blame me.
A). Didn't realize I had to notify anyone that I might be gone for a month. :rolleyes:

B). I did update the list including info you provided that was confirmed. Even without it, you were free to post future updates any time you liked. The fact that you only waited a month, and only less than a day after even sending me a PM suggests to me your intention was to take over the list for your own purpose. You can claim otherwise, but seeing as you have "tweaked" the list, left out some obvious choices, also made it clear in other threads you are biased and that you prefer the 360, one doesn't have to be Columbo to figure out what's up.

Why did you list that first quote when it was obviously sarcasm, and I already clarified it was sarcasm when you used that quote before?
Because it shows even you know people that know you are going to immediately suspect fowl play. besides, sometimes sarcasm is used to hide a little bit of truth.

And if you think I manage my lists (PS3, 360, and Wii exclusives) with a bias, then I don't know what to say. I forgot to list L.A. Noire, that must make me biased.
Yes, but it doesn't have to as you have already said you are bias. You even said it in the PS3 thread so unless you've had a change of heart, then this isn’t even up for debate right?

If we were to switch this around, would you listing rumored games as true exclusives make you a "Sonybot"? No. It's a human mistake, they happen.
Sure, and the way to avoid it is to not use your own opinion, use another source, and then credit that source for the information. Now it's not your mistake, it's the sources.

If you really feel that is necessary, go ahead and manage your own list. I won't care.
I wasn't asking for permission, but thanks.

Now now guys, Its ok. Life will go on.
I know... just that I sort of knew something like this was going to happen when he decided to start his own list. *sigh*

The difference is you knew this was the case back in June.. it was even in the quote you took from Take 2. Why did it take you close to three months and a reminder from me to get you to change it? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.

Sorry, I forgot I needed permission to answer. :rolleyes:

And the thing is, it was a human mistake. Could it be a possibility I accidentally overlooked the L.A. Noire info since I was concentrating on the GTA4 DLC at that time? Because, you know, that's what happened. Apparently you believe (well, believed) so:

In fact, what's odd is that Evan even posted confirmation from Take 2 that L.A. Noire was in fact exclusive to the PS3, but I think he was more focused on pointing out the exclusivity of the GTA4 DLC for 360. :)

Well there one of your problems. Your saying there is no significant differences between a PS3, PS2, and PSP game... all of which are Sony anyway. :lol:

...And your point is? If I can play the same PS3 game on a PS2 or PSP, then it's not a "PS3 Exclusive". And since this thread/list is called "PS3 Exclusive Games", and not "Sony Exclusive Games", then it doesn't belong in it. :rolleyes:

How convenient that MS killed off the Xbox and has no portable console... with your special rule it allows MS to appear to have more exclusive titles. Well done. 👍

Get a grip.

A). Didn't realize I had to notify anyone that I might be gone for a month. :rolleyes:

You didn't have to, but you shouldn't act like someone stole your candy when I created this thread in place of yours because I had no way of knowing if you were ever going to come back, when that easily could've been prevented by having a "will return in a month" note in your signature. Hell, I freely gave you an opportunity to manage the list, and since you turned that down and you never updated your own thread (which suggests that you were fine with having me updating the list), you can't blame me for your own choices.

B). I did update the list including info you provided that was confirmed. Even without it, you were free to post future updates any time you liked. The fact that you only waited a month, and only less than a day after even sending me a PM suggests to me your intention was to take over the list for your own purpose. You can claim otherwise, but seeing as you have "tweaked" the list, left out some obvious choices, also made it clear in other threads you are biased and that you prefer the 360, one doesn't have to be Columbo to figure out what's up.

OK there, what would you have done? Pretend I made the original list and mamaged it. Then I left GTP, and after a month there was no sign of me returning. Would you still have posted update after update in my thread even though the requested changes wouldn't be reflected in the first post, or would you have started up your own thread with the list, reflecting those changes, and then left a PM for me letting me know that I can reclaim the thread if I return? That's what I did, and that's how I viewed it.

Because it shows even you know people that know you are going to immediately suspect fowl play. besides, sometimes sarcasm is used to hide a little bit of truth.

:rolleyes:

Yes, but it doesn't have to as you have already said you are bias. You even said it in the PS3 thread so unless you've had a change of heart, then this isn’t even up for debate right?

I have a bias, and have stated so because IMO, beating around the bush about this type of thing is worse. When I stated "bias" in that context, I meant managing the list with an agenda.

And you have already said I can be impartial when I want to, and I have proven so. If I was working my bias on the list, I would have removed games like Coded Arms Assault and Eight Days by which have largely been believed to be canned.

The thing is, I don't manage these lists to fit an agenda.

I know... just that I sort of knew something like this was going to happen when he decided to start his own list. *sigh*

...And you could've decided when you returned to manage the list again, and this could've been entirely avoided. But go ahead and update your own list with whatever you want.

This argument is done.

Back