Playstation 3 System Update Thread

Not what I meant. I mean why isn't the PS3 stable by now? Hasn't it been out 8 years now?

'Stability' is just another term used for blocking piracy. Custom firmware keeps coming out and they have to keep moving the number up just so that the latest games are not compatible with it.

It's irritating that the majority of the PS3 updates have not been additional features, most have given no end user changes and some have removed features!

Yeah, anti-piracy measures.

Although, even more infrequently, the stability updates actually do provide better stability for newer released titles.

'Stability' is just another term used for blocking piracy. Custom firmware keeps coming out and they have to keep moving the number up just so that the latest games are not compatible with it.

It's irritating that the majority of the PS3 updates have not been additional features, most have given no end user changes and some have removed features!

Ahh ok then.

Just downloaded the 1.10 update for the YouTube app, and now when I go to watch a video and hit the "Skip Ad" button it locks up my system. Hard reset, tried again, same deal. Anyone know how I report this? Kind of a big deal.

4.70 came out a week ago, Changes the Psn logo and adds subtitles to blueray movies. Was a Mandatory Update.

Thank goodness they got rid of that hideous purple monstrosity which was the previous Playstation Network logo. I remember when that came out and it made the XMB look terrible because it could not be changed.

I know most wouldn't care about thing but the new one is definatley and improvement, simple clean and blue which is in keeping with the 'Playstation colour' camp. They could have used the PSN text logo instead...

psn_new_logo.jpg

but this will do.

18406-8f50e960_470_326.jpg

Thank goodness they got rid of that hideous purple monstrosity which was the previous Playstation Network logo. I remember when that came out and it made the XMB look terrible because it could not be changed.

I know most wouldn't care about thing but the new one is definatley and improvement, simple clean and blue which is in keeping with the 'Playstation colour' camp. They could have used the PSN text logo instead...

psn_new_logo.jpg

but this will do.

18406-8f50e960_470_326.jpg
Meh lol

I guess the PS3 is too long in the tooth now to get any new features added.

I was promised a 3D trophy room! :lol:

If the game creators put effort into designing the trophies then it would have been awesome. However if they're all gonna look the same then I'm good.

Plus id need a big old mansion for mine, accumulated 1200 of the things. :lol:

Did they close ps home? That's a shame. I was actually thinking about going back on a few days ago.

It had so much potential and with future things like Morpheus it could have been pretty cool. The problem was the whole virtual worlds thing fizzled out after the early hype of Second Life. Home never got the 3rd party support Sony wanted for it.

On the other hand it has decreased stabilitly for me. Anybody having issues lately. Running very slow for me. Sometimes I cannot sign in to PSN.

All these updates really messed up my PS3 again, Last year my PS3 wireless stopped working and I had to reset everything since apparently my PS3 was "corrupted" back then and now I can't even enter the PlayStation Store without getting the sign-out notice... It's pathetic

Back