PlayStation 3??? Talk here about the PS3 rumours and questions!!!

• Thread starter Jon
  • 110 comments

What should the first ps3 game be?

• Grand Turismo 5 (if 4 is made for ps2)

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andres

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hitman 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Smash Bros 3

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put into perspective, that makes it approximately 100 times more powerful than a 2.5 GHz Pentium 4 CPU!

Hmm, impressive, but nothing compared to the AppleIIe I have 5 feet away from me!

XBOX
why the friggin name
cos its so ugly u have to hide it in a friggin BOX with an X on it so u know ur gonna have to chuck it out into the garbage

PS3 is going to b da showstopper, man, i heard it was so powerful therye thinking of using its hardrive to power rockets to Pluto and back in milliseconds

Originally posted by MazKid
I hope they stick with Playstation 3, PS3, it just sounds better. And it is original. It's simple. It's fine. I don't want to go out and buy a "Sony Gameplayer" or something like that. I want a PS3.

I concur

I heard a similar rumor. One of my friends told me that a single PS3 will be almost as powerful as a super-computer. But since this is the same guy that said he was a secret agent working for the CIA and he's as fat as a barn, I'll believe it when I see it.

No doubt about it though. The PS3 WILL be a powerful machine. I just hope I can still play GT3 on it. :) ;)

Dont Know If This Is True But...........
Bloomberg.com States this:
Sony to Introduce PlayStation 3 in 2003, Commercial Times Says
By Alan Patterson

Tokyo, March 10 (Bloomberg) -- Sony Corp., the world's second- largest consumer-electronics maker, will introduce the PlayStation 3 video-game console this year, two years ahead of schedule, to widen its lead over rivals, the Commercial Times said, citing unidentified people at Taiwanese parts suppliers.

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. of Taiwan, which assembles the PlayStation 2 for Sony, and other parts suppliers on the island will start trial production next month, the report said.

Sony may start selling the PlayStation 3 in Japan as early as midyear and overseas by the end of the year, the report said. The PlayStation 3 will use an unidentified processor different from the PlayStation 2 chip, which is made by Toshiba Corp., the report said. Calls to the public relations department of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony's game unit, were not answered.

Tokyo-based Sony, in collaboration with International Business Machines Corp. and Toshiba, is developing a new processor capable of handling sophisticated graphics and sound over the Internet. The chip, called ``Cell,'' is still in development, Molly Smith, a spokeswoman with Sony Computer Entertainment America, said on March 4.

Could it be??

Originally posted by danibus
PS3 WILL be a powerful machine. I just hope I can still play GT3 on it. :) ;)

i wouldnt worry about that too much u will probably be playing your ultra realistic GT5 with damage and everey think

Ps2 cost 300 when it first came it..if Ps3 could POSSIBLY be 1000 times better than ps3..it would more than likely take all of the energy from your house just to run that and the TV...And the framerate would be so fast that it would give people epileptic seizures in certain fighting games

wouldnt worry about that too much u will probably be playing your ultra realistic GT5 with damage and everey think

They will hopefully never add damage to GT...Maybe minor damage..But I personally don't want to risk blowing up a 350,000 car

I have been waiting for it to be developed and I am really excited

about it. But I think we should not take this developmentseriously

I mean PS3 will be great and all but PS2 is also great.

XBOX
why the friggin name
cos its so ugly u have to hide it in a friggin BOX with an X on it so u know ur gonna have to chuck it out into the garbage
The funny thing is...X box looks and performs better than PS2....lol...I've never heard of X box having laser problems....I personally had to buy 3 PS2's before I got a fully functioning one..I mean..X box has a DVD rom that IT CAN USE ..you use ps2's..and poof..There goes 200 bucks

Xbox looks better than a Ps2??? What have you been smoking? :P

My PS2 has been working great now for about a year...I can't see any faults with it at all...I think it can be a little better than the Xbox seeing as you can run DVDs out of the box without having to go and buy the Remote and thingo...but I certainly wouldn't mind an Xbox.

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
Dont Know If This Is True But...........
Bloomberg.com States this:

Could it be??
I hope not. I've only had my PS2 for 6 months now and there's no way I'm gonna buy a PS3 now. I don't think this is true. After all, many people are still buying PS2s, Sony would be stupid to release a PS3 now. Any, if they release their console early, other console manufacturers (like Nintendo) will know what they have to beat.

New PS3 logo?

ps3logo.jpg

ive had my ps2 since it came out
its been dropped about 5 times (hard drops), the plugs have been ripped out about 50 times. its had a fairly hard life, but NEVER given me a problem EVER

i dont now about the ps3 i think that sony will make it and it will be brilliant but than microsoft will make something twice the power it will be a big war:mad:

Like always it will come down to the games that come out for each system. Yeah the Hardware is a big factor, but the biggest factor is who comes out with the better games

i have bought a PS2 when is first come out for 300 usd, and is very bulls that few month later, is went down to 179.99 usd. i just wasted over 100 buck, cause of it. i bet if ps3 come out, they going to have some kind of internet connection or modem in it. and is gotta have something better then just dvd and cd player.

Originally posted by IceGT
Like always it will come down to the games that come out for each system. Yeah the Hardware is a big factor, but the biggest factor is who comes out with the better games

Thats so true.You can always tell who spends the time building their games.

I was reading that Sony was making dev. tools that closely resemble the DirectX suite, making it easier to program for 👍 . They will also have the PS3 handle "jaggies" that plagued the first PS2 games. (Yes, even GT3) :banghead: . PS3 will definately be the system to go with if the games kick it in gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back