PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Makes sense 500 GB is nothing these days.

Just missed out on a used PS4 on ebay just went for £220!!
Hoping with the release of the 1TB Sony will lower the price of the 500Gb model, wishful thinking i know...

Yeah the price at least on the 500GB version should now fall.

I'm confused about the fact the box shots of the new 1TB version shows the HDD cover as being gloss (as it is now) yet the press release images show it as being matt.

Yeah I just figured out what Sony are doing with this. They have made it slightly confusing.

The 1TB Players Edition is using the old PS4 hardware with just a bigger HDD (hence why it has a glossy cover).

It's the new 500GB uses which has the improved hardware, it also apparently has less bright LED's and a mechanical Eject button.

What's the difference in the hardware between "old" and "new"? Anything major?

What's the difference in the hardware between "old" and "new"? Anything major?
Besides the better power use, a major difference is with the exterior. The buttons are mechanical rather than touch sensitive, and the hard drive bay is now a matte finish rather than gloss.

Finally managed to get some quality time with the PS4 I got a month ago, got it installed (god isn't the power cable short!) and running, and... Well. Let's just say I found a new official song for the PSN!

I'd be interested in seeing a PS4 released without a disc drive. Maybe there'd be a more significant reduction in size. Besides, I think the disc drive is no longer used for anything other than checking if the disc is genuine.

PS4 motherboard old SKU's. (top & bottom view)(16 memory modules)
ps4memory1.jpg ps4memory2.jpg

PS4 motherboard CUH-1200 SKU (top & bottom view)(8 memory modules)(new memory modules by Samsung.)
ps4memory4.jpg ps4memory3.jpg

Last edited:
Tales Of Zestiria PS4 Collectors Ed. (CE available only for PS4) announced for NA market. Oct. 20th release. Now available for pre-order.
$129.99 and includes.....
  • A copy of the game
  • Serialized premium box packaging
  • Exclusive SteelBook case
  • Chibi Kyun Chara figure set
  • Downloadable content pack
  • Tales of Zestiria hardcover art book
  • Three Tales of Zestiria pixel-styled character key chains
  • Tales of Zestiria 40-minute “Dawn of the Shepherd” OVA anime Blu-ray disc

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth releases for PS4 & Vita in NA 2016.

Logitech G29 PS4/PS3 Driving Force Racing wheel, July 15th NA market release date.
Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Race-Wheel-3.jpg Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Race-Wheel-4.jpg Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Race-Wheel-8.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny how Sony rationale for making PSN chargeable was a better service and more stability (all nonsense) yet it seems to be down more than ever :lol:

Eks
I'd be interested in seeing a PS4 released without a disc drive. Maybe there'd be a more significant reduction in size. Besides, I think the disc drive is no longer used for anything other than checking if the disc is genuine.
I don't think that's the case, some games save quite large files to the HDD to speed up load times still.

With all these games coming out, what would the average file size be? I'm thinking around 35 GB. Which means I have to delete some of my games for next year. I only have 92.22 GB left.

Also, I've been noticing lately that whenever I send messages to a friend, anyone really, on PSN, it always says "5 minutes ago" even though I just hit send and it's an active conversation. Does it take longer for the servers to authenticate and relay messages or, is it simply a connection issue/glitch.

Another point, why is there no notification for party chat messages? On PS3, each new message to the party would be displayed. I checked the notification settings and party settings and I couldn't find anything. Maybe in a future update...?

Need some help, guys!
Anyone had any problems with the controller since the last update?
My controller (the one I have left, the other one I smashed it 'cause I raged) keeps having memory issues and missing functions more or less randomly. For example, I log in to PS with that controller, hop on CoD, and the controller doesn't even respond to access the menus. I insert a needle in the back to reset it, click, it goes off. After that I restart it with the PS button and all works well. Well... almost all, because for some reason the R2 responds well in game to throw a grenade for example, but does not, ever, when I change the name of a class and try to use it as the "Enter". It's like it's dead as far as that specific function goes.
Then I go to the main PS menu, fire up Youtube, and the controller simply does nothing. At all. I repeat the reset procedure, and most of the buttons respond, but not all of them, or sometimes it acts as if the R2 os pressed, skipping forward on videos without a chance of me doing anything or stopping it.
If after that I decide to go back to CoD, I have to do it all again and again.
It's driving me crazy...

Also, I've been noticing lately that whenever I send messages to a friend, anyone really, on PSN, it always says "5 minutes ago" even though I just hit send and it's an active conversation. Does it take longer for the servers to authenticate and relay messages or, is it simply a connection issue/glitch.

Just the other day I received the popup saying I had been invited to a CoD party, immediately clicked on it, as as the screen opens it says: "6 minutes ago". Of course by then I could no longer join as the lobby was full...

Back