PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Hey torque do you think 4.50 is worth trading in my ps4 slim for a ps4 pro?

It is a great machine @Marc30599 and you can tell it is more powerful, it will be an improvement for you from the original PS4 and some games Scaff tested made a big difference in smooth frame boosted mode, but not massive, and not all games are supported by Pro. If you have PSVR and a 4kHDR supported TV then it is a great upgrade when you are ready, if you use your PS4 just for casual race gaming then I would only change if you a/ Have the spare money or want a change or you can use your old PS4 some where else in the family/house or b/ Your old PS4 dies (probably unlikely-they seem very robust).

I did think at first it was not much different but a month or two down the line I have no regrets and I am pleased I went for it, mainly for the extras power, more storage, 4k photos and the PSVR upgrades.

It really is a 'when your ready' decision and quite a hard one as it is not a 'big' jump from a regular PS4 at the moment and existing games only get add ons but the gap is getting larger with every new feature/release. It will come in to its own later in the year when Devs actually use its full power for all new releases. I don't want to make that decision for you though....đź‘Ť

SHAREFACTORY also got an update (2.50).

Patch notes:

Videos & Images can be imported from USB

Can be launched directly from Capture Gallery

Clips can now be cloned for easy duplication

Context Sensitive Help has been added to most screens

Overlay text can now be dynamically scaled

New photo collages (16 Frame Support)

New photo templates

New global font

I dont see the point in the console rest mode, as it takes longer to go into rest and come back on than it does to fully shut off and come back on...:confused::crazy: seems to anyway..

Plus if you switch off at the wall by accident:nervous: it plays up and you have to reboot in safe mode! I won't leave it in rest again I think, although it is handy while downloading a big game as it does seem to work much quicker in safe mode:tup:

I actually use Rest Mode a lot for two situations: for charging the controllers and for downloading & installing system/game updates.

I just turn mine on when I come home from work for updates etc, untill I go on it properly about 7-7.30 ish.

SHAREFACTORY also got an update (2.50).

Patch notes:

Videos & Images can be imported from USB

Can be launched directly from Capture Gallery

Clips can now be cloned for easy duplication

Context Sensitive Help has been added to most screens

Overlay text can now be dynamically scaled

New photo collages (16 Frame Support)

New photo templates

New global font

So you can import your own videos you`ve recorded on a camera etc to edit in sharefactory, that will be good i think if you can..

Are we all satisfied with the 4.50 update (and 2.50 for the PSVR owners)?

I am happy with it. Have not tested all the new features yet. Just boost mode and PSVR. I think it works fine. Your thoughts?
I've been running the beta for a while and it's a great update.

Boost is excellent and I have been using a 2TB external drive and it works flawlessly.

Do you have an auto shutdown time set?

I've never used restmode myself as I've read too many complaints with corruption.
My PS4 is left in rest mode for about 80 percent of the time. Its also been kept in the vertical position for the past 2 years. No problems thus far. Just now and then I do a defrag of the disk through safe mode but only when i get slowdowns on the home screen.

Are we all satisfied with the 4.50 update (and 2.50 for the PSVR owners)?

I am happy with it. Have not tested all the new features yet. Just boost mode and PSVR. I think it works fine. Your thoughts?

I really like the option for choosing a lovely screenshot as a background desktop now (press option on photo in capture gallery) save as desktop.

Also it is great you can have 250gb-8TB external HDD now as I can transfer quite a few games over when I get one, that I normally delete and then reload again or forget about them.

I haven't tried the Sharefactory link and option but this all looks much easier.

I also haven't tried a Blu ray in the new Cinema Mode update yet and the better quality it is supposed to be? Has anyone tried one since this update?

@BrainsBush Does this update include the option to view VR 3D Blu rays, as I wouldn't mind trying one out as I never really got in to 3D but don't want to buy one unless all working properly.

@Scaff on the new boost mode, which driving games made the most difference to you? I played AC, Dirt Rally, Pcars, Driveclub, Seb Loeb Rally and I think they look smoother but none stood out too much. (although they were only quick goes trying them). Is Drive club a locked 30FPS so this will look the same? Is Pcars locked FPS? đź‘Ť

Last edited:
@Scaff on the new boost mode, which driving games made the most difference to you? I played AC, Dirt Rally, Pcars, Driveclub, Seb Loeb Rally and I think they look smoother but none stood out too much. (although they were only quick goes trying them). Is Drive club a locked 30FPS so this will look the same? Is Pcars locked FPS? đź‘Ť
DriveClub and Dirt make no visible difference that I could see at all, however AC, PCars, and SLRE all get a benefit from it, with AC and PCars being the ones that show the biggest improvement (and PCars leading that field - no locked frame rate for PCars).

Some Comparison videos I put together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lglNXK-xpw0&t=38s

And longer live streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6B6WXG0ew&t=1750s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VrqupZygho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ae-tgbaU2g&t=1895s

@BrainsBush Does this update include the option to view VR 3D Blu rays, as I wouldn't mind trying one out as I never really got in to 3D but don't want to buy one unless all working properly.
Yep just like the cinema mode but then 3D. I still have a couple of 3D Blurays from the past and tried it out. Image is cristal clear but you will also have to deal with 'screen tearing'. Especially fast moving objects

Bye bye share factory, I just deleted it, you still cant import any of your own videos on a usb stick etc...
IMG_0305.JPG

Just tried it with an FH3 video and can confirm it works brilliantly

Back