PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
And there's one more thing I'm wondering about actually.
The vanilla PS4 can only share videos in 720p quality, but what about the PS4 Pro.
Is the Pro able to up that number to 1080 or more? Or is it still only 720p also on the Pro?
PS4
Save: 720p30
Stream: 720p60

PS4
Save: 1080p30
Stream: 1080p60

Regarding the YT comments, I'm guessing it has to do with the nature of the comments (lots of swearing, etc.).
The YT applications on smart TVs also don't show comments. At least the models I've used (Samsung and LG).

Anyone been having issues with 5.00 "Nobunaga" lately? Some people have been getting this "E-801809A8" error code, a faulty Blu-Ray drive issue. Others can't access PSN (temporarily), some had to reinitialize their system, but many have zero issues. I won't update my Pro until Sony addresses the issue (they know of it now). My system has no hardware issues so I'm probably in the majority, but I'm taking no chances.

I've been having a weird issue lately. My PS4 keeps shutting off after 30 or so minutes. I've only been experiencing this after the 5.0 update with the base PS4. Help?

Anybody know how to stop a game from auto updating, ive been in to system settings, and unticked all the auto download boxes etc, then go to start the game, and it starts downloading an update..huh...

Im playing from disc..

Is this legit or not? Tried to ask two of my friends but they aren't sure.

20171014_161242.jpg

It's more expensive than the other "normal" controllers and says "it's made in Japan" rather than china but I doubt it does mean anything tbh.

PCs have the option to "safely remove hardware and eject media" with regards to USBs
and other devices. Why is this not an option on the PS3 and PS4. Or is it possible and I've
just been missing it?

For years I've been switching off the consoles whenever I have needed to remove a USB,
and that's a bit tedious when you actually would like to keep playing the console.
But I don't want to risk any memory being corrupted if I just yank it out
of there so I switch it off instead.

Why is this not an option on the PS3 and PS4.
PC's (Windows) must control the writing to disk slightly differently to the PlayStations in that they cache the info being written - which is why it's best to use the eject media option so that anything still in memory is output. The PlayStation, I think, must write almost instantly so providing you don't remove the usb memory stick while it's still flashing it'll be safe to remove it at any time.
I've been yanking mine out for years without problems. :dopey:

PCs have the option to "safely remove hardware and eject media" with regards to USBs
and other devices. Why is this not an option on the PS3 and PS4. Or is it possible and I've
just been missing it?

For years I've been switching off the consoles whenever I have needed to remove a USB,
and that's a bit tedious when you actually would like to keep playing the console.
But I don't want to risk any memory being corrupted if I just yank it out
of there so I switch it off instead.

You can hold PS button to safely eject external hard drive by pressing ''Stop using External Device'', but the option for USB stick I believe is absent

Has any info been released on what resolutions Wolfenstein: The New Colossus supports when updated on the PS4 Pro.

With a USB is what I have been doing, super straight forward.
When I want to upload an image here, I send it to a friend on the PS4, then I save it in my phone. The problem is, they are being saved as JPEG, although I have already set my PS4 to save images as PNG. When transferring them with the USB drive, will they stay in this format?

When I want to upload an image here, I send it to a friend on the PS4, then I save it in my phone. The problem is, they are being saved as JPEG, although I have already set my PS4 to save images as PNG. When transferring them with the USB drive, will they stay in this format?
I didn't even know there was a setting for changing file type. Looking on my USB now the pics from my PS4 are png files.
I actually have a similar trick for getting photos from my ps4 to my phone but for me it's through communities, I have a private one setup just for this purpose and then have the communities app on my phone

I like that - I am looking to get another PS4 controller anyway, and I quite like the Red Crystal one, but the Orange one looks great.... however...
Sunset Orange Dualshock 4 wireless controller not available to purchase from UK and Ireland, France, Poland, Russia and Middle East and Africa.
:(

Planning to get myself a PS4 during Black Friday week, only for PS4 exclusives and it seems like the price will be right. I’m just curious, what PS4 games have the best HDR support?

Thinking of getting Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, HZD, Last of Us, GTS (if I can find it on sale/used). Any other big exclusives that I’m forgetting about?

Planning to get myself a PS4 during Black Friday week, only for PS4 exclusives and it seems like the price will be right. I’m just curious, what PS4 games have the best HDR support?

Thinking of getting Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, HZD, Last of Us, GTS (if I can find it on sale/used). Any other big exclusives that I’m forgetting about?
Infamous Second Son, Knack 2, MLB The Show 17, Ratchet and Clank and The Last Guardian also have HDR support.

Just need to vent a bit as the Sony support services are currently closed at this hour. Tried to reset my password and two-step verification kicked in. Problem is, unbeknownst to myself until a second attempt, the verification phone number that is listed is not my phone number. Why I have NO IDEA. Now I'm in this slump where I can't change the settings without logging in, but I can't log in without the verification code. The extra security would be wonderful, IF IT FRICKIN" WORKED! I really want to know what prompted my phone number under Sony's records to magically change.

So Bound appeared as one of the PS Plus games, and what a treat it is. It's a game very similar to Journey, although I think it fails on the narrative front. The visuals, however, are absolutely stunning. I opted to not use my VR headset for it, because I didn't see the point, but to my surprise, the game supports 3D on your TV. Something I thought was entirely gone from the industry. 3D really makes the game world come alive, and the game is easily one of the most visually stunning ones I've played. Just a shame about that narrative.

I wonder how they got it so quickly? Must've done 60 hours of grinding to afford it.

So Bound appeared as one of the PS Plus games, and what a treat it is. It's a game very similar to Journey, although I think it fails on the narrative front. The visuals, however, are absolutely stunning. I opted to not use my VR headset for it, because I didn't see the point, but to my surprise, the game supports 3D on your TV. Something I thought was entirely gone from the industry. 3D really makes the game world come alive, and the game is easily one of the most visually stunning ones I've played. Just a shame about that narrative.

The world in 3D does really come alive, tried it yesterday and was very impressed. I don't remember the last time I played something in 3D - probably it was Trine. :cheers:

So I just got a PS4 yesterday and wow, it’s way worse in stability than my PC. I don’t remember the last time my PC froze (and it’s almost 6 years old now), but in two days of owning a PS4 it froze on me 3 times, all the times while browsing the store. Two times I was able to restart it using the power button but this last time I actually had to pull the power cord!! I don’t remember the last time I had to do it with any console or PC. Is it the last 5.01 software that is so terribly bad or is it just how bad PS4 OS is in general?

Back