PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Why are you making this about the UK, when the prices went up for the whole of Europe? Or am I missing something?

...because it'll be new news for UK customers? Most people don't care unless it affects them personally. It being new news.

Just turned the ps4 on and went on youtube, why oh why do all the thumbnails animate now, looks absolutely horrible, is there a way to stop that, it wasn't like it yesterday, and i didn't get an update or anything..

I have a couple of codes for the Beta Trial of the latest System Software 5.0.

If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.
(Not sure if it's restricted to the EU or not.)

Not anymore, I don't.

Last edited:
I passed on the PS4 despite the many great games released on the platform, but this Secret Of Mana remake has got me interested again.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...emake-launches-february-2018-for-ps4-ps-vita/

36381169870_bd6c7c6c2c_b.jpg

Please don't screw up the music like the PC remake of Castle Of Illusion...

@UKMikey -- It's another reason I'm glad I opted for a PS4, but I'm crossing my fingers for it to be ported to the Switch. It's a natural fit, not only because it was a SNES game, but more importantly because the Switch is the local multiplayer console. I've had no other reason to get a second DS4 and rather wouldn't if I don't have to...how many PS4 owners have two DS4s, much less three of them?

It's another reason I'm glad I opted for a PS4
I was really close to getting one at launch but I only really like driving games and the ones I need a PS4 to play are in short supply so I don't really regret missing out. Hopefully once Pro has been out for a while the base console will come down in price.

how many PS4 owners have two DS4s, much less three of them?
I'd hope there'd be interopability with Vita at least.

I was really close to getting one at launch but I only really like driving games and the ones I need a PS4 to play are in short supply so I don't really regret missing out.
Yeah, mine is mostly a driving/racing box to complement the Wii U, very soon a Switch. But extras like this are a nice bonus, assuming SquareEnix douses any possibility of a Switch version. For me, Microsoft has Forza and that's about it.

For me, Microsoft has Forza and that's about it.
I feel the same way about PS4 and Driveclub. However, there were a lot more Forza releases on Xbox before I and they switched to PC. And I'd rather play those multiplats on an Xbox controller than a Dualshock, regardless of platform.

Last edited:
Anyone else had a **** load of scammers contacting them on PSN lately? I've been without the internet for a while (moved house), and got my PS4 online today for the first time in a while, and had 5 new conversations that had been started by random users I don't know. I asked "who's this?" on all of them, before checking their profiles to find they're all level one with no trophies, so obviously not real players. Every one of them replied with the same reply (some worded slightly differently), saying "I got your name from the friend search here on the psn app. I was looking for new people to talk to". They then follow this message up, immediately, without me needing to reply, to ask "how old are you?".

To me this is obviously scammers. just thought I should A) Give a head's up to anyone not careful enough to notice they're scammers, and B) To see how many people are being messaged by these pieces of trash.

Anyone else had a **** load of scammers contacting them on PSN lately? I've been without the internet for a while (moved house), and got my PS4 online today for the first time in a while, and had 5 new conversations that had been started by random users I don't know. I asked "who's this?" on all of them, before checking their profiles to find they're all level one with no trophies, so obviously not real players. Every one of them replied with the same reply (some worded slightly differently), saying "I got your name from the friend search here on the psn app. I was looking for new people to talk to". They then follow this message up, immediately, without me needing to reply, to ask "how old are you?".

To me this is obviously scammers. just thought I should A) Give a head's up to anyone not careful enough to notice they're scammers, and B) To see how many people are being messaged by these pieces of trash.
Yes many are getting these messages. There Spam bots. Just leave the message don't respond.
do not give out your information to the spam bots currently trolling PSN and Xbox Live

Yes many are getting these messages. There Spam bots. Just leave the message don't respond.
do not give out your information to the spam bots currently trolling PSN and Xbox Live

Yeah, I'd never fall into such obvious traps, but thought I should share to see who else has noticed it, and to try to prevent anyone here getting scammed.

Just turned the ps4 on and went on youtube, why oh why do all the thumbnails animate now, looks absolutely horrible, is there a way to stop that, it wasn't like it yesterday, and i didn't get an update or anything..
Yes on PS4 and TV they all seem to animate and show you details on thumbnail.. Then some don't this week, it could be a beta trial? But it does look strange.👍

Infamous 2nd son free (PS+ SEP) :cheers: I brought this a few months ago. I found it all a touch frustrating after a few Chapters trying to unlock all the smoke machines and puzzles etc The scenery, movement and detail of the character is great though. Worth a try anyway if you have PS+.

Last edited:
Ive had a couple of messages too, replied to one, they were wanting to know how old I was.
Didn't give them any information just my age.

I've had loads of these messages, free PSN cards etc and other scams. Typically sent to multiple people at the same time so I'm added to a group chat. It gets really tedious as I've had so many, do i reported it to Sony and they replied that they saw nothing wrong with the messages and warned me against falsely reporting people.

Nice one Sony.

@UKMikey -- It's another reason I'm glad I opted for a PS4, but I'm crossing my fingers for it to be ported to the Switch. It's a natural fit, not only because it was a SNES game, but more importantly because the Switch is the local multiplayer console. I've had no other reason to get a second DS4 and rather wouldn't if I don't have to...how many PS4 owners have two DS4s, much less three of them?
I'm afraid it's being ported to Steam instead so I'm outta here. The music remains the original SNES quality.

http://kotaku.com/secret-of-mana-remakes-demo-is-low-frills-fun-1800585852

Those spam messages are so frustrating. I've had quite a few and tried to mess with them but they just respond with set messages even when they make no sense given my messages. It always leads to some webcam thing but no way I'm clicking that link. I'd much rather block them.
It's funny because they try be relatable like "hey ive just been playing destiny" like no you have 0 trophies you lying scum piss off

I've had a few of the spam conversations on PS4, tried toying with them and it's a shame that they use preset messages with no regard to context, not very fun for us. They do respond to the word 'scam' though if you ask them, which led me to wonder what else these bots can do.
When I signed in to my PS3 later and it received the same conversations broken up into dozens of messages to delete, that was a tad frustrating.

Does the Playstation 4 interface react to DS4 button downpresses, or releases*?

*) the way a mouse typically works
Digital buttons, a switch behind the button knows if it is being pressed (1) or not pressed (0). DualShock 2, Sixaxis and Dualshock 3 were pressure sensitive, so they could have a range of states between pushed and not pushed.
A mouse has digital buttons like a DS4 and also responds to both downpresses and releases.

Last edited:
Demo Store has been updated you have Knack2 Demo

KNACK™ 2 Demo_20170913202354.jpg
KNACK™ 2 Demo_20170913202627.jpg

Fifa18 Demo
FIFA 18 DEMO_20170913195729.jpg

and PES18 Demo. I think this year Fifa18 takes the crown as PES18 looks very much like PES17 I have but Fifa Graphics seem to be more polished. (Both are in 4k so the differences now close up are very small).

Top 3 are Fifa18
FIFA 18 DEMO Kick Off (In Menus)_7.jpg
FIFA 18 DEMO Kick Off (In Menus)_12.jpg
FIFA 18 DEMO Kick Off (In Menus)_10.jpg

The Crowd looks more realistic in PES18
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 DEMO_20170913194625.jpg
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 DEMO_20170913194825.jpg
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 DEMO_20170913195408.jpg

Both have the same freecam mode for taking pictures and zooming right in on the player for full close ups^^

Demo Store has been updated you have Knack2 Demo

View attachment 672587 View attachment 672588

Fifa18 Demo
View attachment 672589
and PES18 Demo. I think this year Fifa18 takes the crown as PES18 looks very much like PES17 I have but Fifa Graphics seem to be more polished. (Both are in 4k so the differences now close up are very small).

Top 3 are Fifa18
View attachment 672581 View attachment 672582 View attachment 672583

The Crowd looks more realistic in PES18
View attachment 672584 View attachment 672585 View attachment 672586

Both have the same freecam mode for taking pictures and zooming right in on the player for full close ups^^
Knack 2 demo has been out for a while. Also PES18 looks better than 17 to me ( standard PS4), the replay camera mode still sucks though. Who ever is in charge of that needs replacing. Why when i zoom in on the ball do I want to zoom under the ball so I see the sky? Replay controls have been diabolical since the very first PS3 game, they were great before that.

Also I hope I don't make you jelly. But as someone who likes taking photos too, I downloaded Dead or Alive extreme 3 on my Hong Kong account and took pics. Very nice.

PS_Messages_20170905_221649.jpg
PS_Messages_20170905_221644.jpg
PS_Messages_20170905_221638.jpg
PS_Messages_20170905_221651.jpg

( no perverted, ok little perverted, ok a lot, I admit it)

Sometimes, one just has to step back and appreciate the finer things in life. And DoA is all about doing that.
I don't have any interest in DoA myself, but it does sadden me that the latest in their Xtreme spinoff series wasn't released in the west because they were afraid of Western backlash. A sad day indeed when SJW's dictate what can and cannot be released within fiction.

Sometimes, one just has to step back and appreciate the finer things in life. And DoA is all about doing that.
I don't have any interest in DoA myself, but it does sadden me that the latest in their Xtreme spinoff series wasn't released in the west because they were afraid of Western backlash. A sad day indeed when SJW's dictate what can and cannot be released within fiction.
Agree, its pretty pathetic really. Better to release GTA over here so will can just run over as many people as we want, rather than do something natural like stare at a pair of boobs. GIGIDY.

Something I've been wondering for years is why you can't see YouTube comments when
using the app on either the PS3 or PS4. Half of the fun for me while watching YouTube videos
is to see what others are saying in the comments. But it's not possible as the consoles seem to have omitted
the comments section.

I often find myself having to go back to certain videos on the computer or phone
which I have previously watched on the PS3/4, just so that I can catch up on the comments.
What I'm wondering is if there's an official reason why this is. Why the YouTube comments aren't on the PlayStation
app.

And there's one more thing I'm wondering about actually.
The vanilla PS4 can only share videos in 720p quality, but what about the PS4 Pro.
Is the Pro able to up that number to 1080 or more? Or is it still only 720p also on the Pro?

Back