PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Hello folks, not been here for a long while.How is everybody doing ? Anyway i wonder if you peeps can help me out. I bought a PS4 slim and i am having issues with it.The PS4 is having issues with Mafia 3, where cars are floating up into the sky and disappearing altogether.Also buildings are turning green too.I think it is a hardware issue.The thing is i have only had the PS4 for about 5 weeks tops and has already started to have issues.My old PS3 is more reliable than this one seems to be.My name is Nath by the way.Any help would be great.I can see myself taking it back to the shop and getting a refund to be honest.

Hello folks, not been here for a long while.How is everybody doing ? Anyway i wonder if you peeps can help me out. I bought a PS4 slim and i am having issues with it.The PS4 is having issues with Mafia 3, where cars are floating up into the sky and disappearing altogether.Also buildings are turning green too.I think it is a hardware issue.The thing is i have only had the PS4 for about 5 weeks tops and has already started to have issues.My old PS3 is more reliable than this one seems to be.My name is Nath by the way.Any help would be great.I can see myself taking it back to the shop and getting a refund to be honest.
You having problems with any other games?

This is now my 4th time when PSN turned automatic funding on by itself in last 2 years. I always check it's off after puchasing or renewing PSN plus, done it so many times. It's something that should stay OFF no matter what. Wont buy a full year PSN plus as what if i buy a new game just before subscription is about to end and get another year because of automatic funding.

Heh... So comical, once again i find myself in wallet settings checking automatic funding off. Will delete credit card aswell.

Last edited:
For those of you in the USA - if you have a ps4 launch 500GB model.. Gamestop will give you $200 for it (must work, have working controller, hdmi cable, power cable and usb cable) if you trade in for a ps4 pro.

I did this last night.. my OG PS4 was on its last leg (disc drive was loud, fan was always loud even though I cleaned it) my controller has the lazy R2 trigger (does not go full) and they still gave me the $200.

I also had a spare launch style ps4 contoller they gave me $25 for.. which is nice considering the new better ones can be found for $35 on sale.

I have a few games (inlcuding redbox purchased) I was done with that they took and a few gift cards so I ended up upgrading to a pro for only $160 out of pocket and I have a brand new system with a warranty again.

Get on it the deal ends Feb 11th.. if you were thinking about doing this, now is the time.

For those of you in the USA - if you have a ps4 launch 500GB model.. Gamestop will give you $200 for it (must work, have working controller, hdmi cable, power cable and usb cable) if you trade in for a ps4 pro.

I did this last night.. my OG PS4 was on its last leg (disc drive was loud, fan was always loud even though I cleaned it) my controller has the lazy R2 trigger (does not go full) and they still gave me the $200.

I also had a spare launch style ps4 contoller they gave me $25 for.. which is nice considering the new better ones can be found for $35 on sale.

I have a few games (inlcuding redbox purchased) I was done with that they took and a few gift cards so I ended up upgrading to a pro for only $160 out of pocket and I have a brand new system with a warranty again.

Get on it the deal ends Feb 11th.. if you were thinking about doing this, now is the time.
That looks like a great deal, indeed.

I was lucky as well with my Pro - because I made an excellent deal with my OG PS4 and got an excellent deal on the Pro during Black Friday, my upgrade ended up costing €80 - even less, if you consider I was this close to spending €50 on a external HD for my OG PS4 (which I don't need anymore, now that I have 1TB).

Also, this month's PS Plus games:

Knack (PS4)
RiME (PS4)
StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)
Spelunker HD (PS3)
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
Exiles End (PS Vita)
Grand Kingdom (PS Vita & PS4)

I might give RiME a try.

Last edited:

Great deal. EB Games had a similar one on offer during Black Friday up here, so I used it as an excuse to get a Pro. They didn't even require the HDMI or USB. I ended up paying $200 for a Pro, plus it came with a digital copy of HZD (which I've yet to even try :lol: ).

I'm considering getting a headset for the PS4. The one by Sony looks great and apparently works fine.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/audio-and-communication/gold-wireless-headset/

However, I have some experience of the old PS3 version:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-PS3/17338123

and while it did the job without any game breaking issues the bass frequencies were more or less missing. Has anybody tried both to be able to tell if it has been fixed?

I have a turtle beach wireless headset, have look on youtube, see people recommend. Might find a better one for similar price, they do improve sound.:)

My PSN account runs out tomorrow, have all ready paid for one online. How do I renew, when go to extend, says have too pay more money.:guilty:

Don't really understand, thanks.

My PSN account runs out tomorrow, have all ready paid for one online. How do I renew, when go to extend, says have too pay more money.:guilty:

Don't really understand, thanks.
If you have already paid for another year, it should now say that it expires on 03/02/2019.

And you can extend it to 2010 right now as well if you wish, so that's probably what's happening.

I'm considering getting a headset for the PS4. The one by Sony looks great and apparently works fine.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/audio-and-communication/gold-wireless-headset/

However, I have some experience of the old PS3 version:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-PS3/17338123

and while it did the job without any game breaking issues the bass frequencies were more or less missing. Has anybody tried both to be able to tell if it has been fixed?

-Short version - Yes they sound good and I recommend if you can find them on sale.

-Long version -
I have the Gold ones. I am on my second pair. First pair was used for many hours each day when I was addicted to Destiny 1 and they still actually work fine, but I was rough with them over the years and the hinge finally broke on one side(I fixed it with duct tape). I spilled ice cream on them and used some cleaning wipes that were a bit too strong so the ear padding started to come loose because the glue broke down. They continue to still work to this day but I found them on sale for $55 during prime day and got a new pair.

The main weakness for them is the hinge, you can read up on that but mine last for multiple years of heavy use before I broke it. I think they sound great if you use them in stereo mode, but I am not a fan of the VSS mode, it seems to loose some of the bass and sounds hollow.

The mic works very well with an easy to reach mute button and mic monitoring (side tone) that works well.

There is a volume control for chat to game sound mix and it works great too.

I do not believe they are worth the normal price of $99. USA. They often go on sale for $70 which is fair, and a couple times a year can be found for $60 or less.

Last edited:
What I have done, pay for subscription it was cheaper, want too know were to put number in.
When I do it on the PlayStation, its asking for, £49.00, just £40.00.

Hello guys just wanted to know if anyone can help me on this, it`s the screen size setting on ps4/pro etc, you know on system settings you can adjust the size with those corner markers etc, well if i set it to match my tv, whenever i do screenshot i have black borders around the picture, but if i adjust screen size to the max, i get perfect screenshots, but games and youtube stuff etc are too big and i cant see the edges anymore..

Is there anyway around this or not...hmmmmm

Good month - I already own Ratchet and Clank.. it is a fun game and great for showing off HDR screens. Now I will hand off the disc to a friend or get a few dollars in trade in credit for it.

Bloodborne - not my jazz but should help Sony sell some new controllers. :lol:

Good month - I already own Ratchet and Clank.. it is a fun game and great for showing off HDR screens. Now I will hand off the disc to a friend or get a few dollars in trade in credit for it.

Bloodborne - not my jazz but should help Sony sell some new controllers. :lol:
And tv's

Just tried the new super sampling mode on GT on the ps4 pro as i dont have a 4k tv, oh dear, jerky than a jerky thing thats been soaked in jerky fluid, so swiftly turned that off again..:crazy:

April's free PS Plus games are Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo.

The latter has me intrigued...
As online is pretty much dead now, having it in the free ps plus line up is good news for the people that already have it. Hopefully it can get a boost this way.

Back