PlayStation 4 Has Now Sold Over 91 Million Units

Yeah, the only reason I've even considered a Nintendo system over the last decade was the exclusives.
Having just received a Switch this Christmas, the games available are such a nice change of pace from the usuals' you'd see populating the PS4 and Xbox marketplaces. I actually haven't been able to put it down since I opened it, completely neglecting the Xbox and anything coming out recently. I think the only main game I'm looking forward to next for it would be Anthem. Hell, it even made me put Black Ops down, which I was playing way too often.

Really can't wait for next gen! Fortunately I'm still single and will be for the next couple of years at the very least, so I won't have to worry about not having enough time to play my favorite games.

That's the name! I've been utterly confused about it since it released: what's the appeal?

I get you. The games that have really stuck with me this gen have all been outside that third-person mould, but we're probably the outliers. Spider-Man in particular feels like a Venn diagram exercise: it's so appealing to so many people. That doesn't make it bad, but it does make it feel... safe?

Yeah, the only reason I've even considered a Nintendo system over the last decade was the exclusives. :P

Gaming PC? Don't do it, Brend! :lol:
:lol:!

Spiderman is the very definition of an 8/10 game at its best and a 7/10 at its worst. Enjoyable but not in an outstanding sense but rather like a nice walk along the beach.

Unlikely. It's over 60 million away from that figure, and just passed its fifth birthday. It'd have to maintain its current pace for over three years to get there.
The PS2, however, spent 13 years on the market. The PS4 has got a lot of time to go...

Having just received a Switch this Christmas, the games available are such a nice change of pace from the usuals' you'd see populating the PS4 and Xbox marketplaces. I actually haven't been able to put it down since I opened it, completely neglecting the Xbox and anything coming out recently. I think the only main game I'm looking forward to next for it would be Anthem. Hell, it even made me put Black Ops down, which I was playing way too often.
Nice change of pace from the usuals and you talk about playing BLOPS4 and Anthem, the most cookie cutter games out there. You’re looking in all the wrong directions if that’s what you’re playing on PS4 or Xbox. Lol

Nice change of pace from the usuals and you talk about playing BLOPS4 and Anthem, the most cookie cutter games out there. You’re looking in all the wrong directions if that’s what you’re playing on PS4 or Xbox. Lol
Yeah, or in other words, the usual type of games you’ll see released more often than not.

But hey, because I mentioned two games - one of which isn’t even out yet, the other being literally the most recent new game I purchased, so in turn, I was currently playing - that certainly means that’s all I’ve played on this whole generation and that’s basically all I’m basing that off of. :rolleyes:

Fh4 does not look bad its not that, its still has very good graphics, but the cars are more detailed in gt sport, thats a fact
So you mean it has better models then?

Sure, in scapes mode. Not that it’s an issue but from what it looks like it seems like it uses a lower LOD vehicle in game compared to Forza. Either way, the only way to actually notice these differences is if you zoom in ridiculous levels, which people really aren’t likely to do. Both games look great, for where they decided to put their effort.

Not that it’s an issue but from what it looks like it seems like it uses a lower LOD vehicle in game compared to Forza. Either way, the only way to actually notice these differences is if you zoom in ridiculous levels, which people really aren’t likely to do. Both games look great, for where they decided to put their effort.
I've zoomed in to models in both games and GTS does have better models in gameplay.

I've zoomed in to models in both games and GTS does have better models in gameplay.
I've seen discrepancies in both, I've also seen both cases having great models too. Either way, like I mention, and like you pointed out, you'll notice these differences when zooming into them at levels you normally wouldn't even be able to see.

Be sure to post that in that opinions thread of yours though.

So you mean it has better models then?

Sure, in scapes mode. Not that it’s an issue but from what it looks like it seems like it uses a lower LOD vehicle in game compared to Forza. Either way, the only way to actually notice these differences is if you zoom in ridiculous levels, which people really aren’t likely to do. Both games look great, for where they decided to put their effort.

I can notice differences in gameplay in the details on the cars between Forza horizon 4 and gt sport. The car looks more realistic in gt sport for sure, its not strange gt sport has better looking models, as they have spent more time for each model

I can notice differences in gameplay in the details on the cars between Forza horizon 4 and gt sport. The car looks more realistic in gt sport for sure, its not strange gt sport has better looking models, as they have spent more time for each model
That has less to do with the actual models and more to do with the lighting. Although I do agree with that, the lighting model in GT has always been a step above the competitors, but I think both look plenty realistic. However, there's more to a game than just how a car is modeled, in terms of graphical fidelity. Either way, both games are top notch visually and both seemingly have a strength over each other in relation to that.

That has less to do with the actual models and more to do with the lighting. Although I do agree with that, the lighting model in GT has always been a step above the competitors, but I think both look plenty realistic. However, there's more to a game than just how a car is modeled, in terms of graphical fidelity. Either way, both games are top notch visually and both seemingly have a strength over each other in relation to that.
Yes both have their good and bad. I play both games, and it will always require to have both consoles. Gt sport Wins on the car models overall and physics. Horizon 4 edge it out on the car list. Tuning and customizion. But the car quality is mixed some looks really good some other not as great, Ferrari f50 does look bad in Forza. But its not in the same level of detail as in gt sport. But in the end i could not choise between the 2. Both are great games.

But as a track racer against other track racer i prefer gran turismo sport over Forza motorsport 7.
Its not that i don't like fm7, but the launch and for at least 6 months it was a mess, car sounds is a bit disapointing. Gt sport is lacking a bit still but its growing Quick. It started with Only 168 cars its will have 280 cars after january update. We have got 7 new location under 2018 all for free. So If this streak continue gt might catch up to Forza a bit. Gt7 if that releases on ps5 might be hard to bit if they bring back the good stuff from previous titles, and keep the good stuff from sport

I have seen some videos of new AC with Unreal engine on PC max settings, looks very impressive. Pcars2 on max PC settings too is nice and of course DC on certain conditions, weather affects. Apart from GTS I think these 3 are most impressive games. Horizon car models are pretty bad and has a fantasy look for my taste.

I think PS4 Pro slim and PS4 super slim will release with a price cut so in next some years PS4 will surely do 120 million I am sure.

Horizon car models are pretty bad
Sure, a handful of them are bad, the ones that seemed to get brought over from the older games. However, that only accounts for a very, very, small percentage of the actual car list. Not sure why people always try to apply that over the game as a whole.

and has a fantasy look for my taste.
Being a game that is basically creating its own world, but based off real world locations, that makes a bit of sense. However, I don't get how that makes it look unimpressive, as it's not like it looks unrealistic.

It is unrealistic and no wonder that FH devs are making a fantasy action adventure game using that engine.

New AC game I think will release on next gen console once it is complete in a year or so on PC

It is unrealistic
Yes, I'm aware you insinuated that. That's why I said I'm not sure why that's so. During gameplay they really don't tend to be any more unrealistic than the fantasy tracks available in other games. Although some aspects do have an over the top visual flare, like the Aurora Borealis - but that's just as real as anything else.

I can understand if you were talking about things like driving pretty much any vehicle, regardless of its type, in any terrain - but you're specifically talking about the visual representation. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

You might as well wait till the PS5 now, very likely it will be here within the next 2 years.
There still seems to be little rumors about it for now. Or rather, little rumors enough to convince me about it that it's already gonna come.

There still seems to be little rumors about it for now. Or rather, little rumors enough to convince me about it that it's already gonna come.
Well, we know it's going to happen. I'd say if the PS5 has no backwards compatibility (it might have it because it'll be based on roughly the same architecture) then buy a PS4.

Well, we know it's going to happen. I'd say if the PS5 has no backwards compatibility (it might have it because it'll be based on roughly the same architecture) then buy a PS4.
I wonder if the next gen PlayStation would also be powered by Android somehow.. :lol:

My gaming interests have sort of waned in recent years. I was not really into this generation of consoles, and I felt like getting into the PlayStation 4 would be too late for me. Recently, though, I kind of had some ignited interest in getting a PS4 and even trying to get some PlayStation Plus to do some online action.

I haven't yet thought of adding to that 91M units sold deal, but I've considered it. I don't even have the money yet to get a PS4. It's all just "I am considering" at this point.

My gaming interests have sort of waned in recent years. I was not really into this generation of consoles, and I felt like getting into the PlayStation 4 would be too late for me. Recently, though, I kind of had some ignited interest in getting a PS4 and even trying to get some PlayStation Plus to do some online action.

I haven't yet thought of adding to that 91M units sold deal, but I've considered it. I don't even have the money yet to get a PS4. It's all just "I am considering" at this point.
When you have the money, buy a used one. Then buy:

The Last Of Us Remastered
God Of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Unchartered IV (perhaps all the PS3 remasters too)
Unchartered Lost Legacy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Bloodborne
Spiderman
Ratchet and Clank
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Shadow Of The Colossus

Once you have completed them all, sell the lot on ebay and wait for the PS5.

When you have the money, buy a used one. Then buy:

The Last Of Us Remastered
God Of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Unchartered IV (perhaps all the PS3 remasters too)
Unchartered Lost Legacy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Bloodborne
Spiderman
Ratchet and Clank
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Shadow Of The Colossus

Once you have completed them all, sell the lot on ebay and wait for the PS5.
If it's true that the new PS5 will have the backwards compatibility which will allow it to play the games that were once released for its predecessors, then I guess there's no point in buying the PS4 anymore unless you'll want it because of its cheaper price once the next-gen PS comes out.

If it's true that the new PS5 will have the backwards compatibility which will allow it to play the games that were once released for its predecessors, then I guess there's no point in buying the PS4 anymore unless you'll want it because of its cheaper price once the next-gen PS comes out.
There is also the issue that for many gamers the PS5 may not be affordable for a few years, so buying and then later selling a PS4 now is still a good option.

There is also the issue that for many gamers the PS5 may not be affordable for a few years, so buying and then later selling a PS4 now is still a good option.
That solely depends on how much Sony is gonna sell their new console once it comes out in the public market.

Back