PlayStation 5 Games Reveal Event Confirmed for June 4

I'm sure we will see something, at least a teaser trailer. Just think about it: we've got this link (bottom) in 2015, two years before the launch. And it wasn't even a numbered episode. If they still need 2 years (so the release goes to 2022), even then we need a teaser. But it looks like we get the game as a launch title (for now), so I won't be surprised if we will get a full trailer.

I think the purpose of the trailer for GTS was because it was specific to PS4. Why they would wait 6-7 months before a game this time is because they needed the hype for GTS to maintain and the current FIA events.

I'm sure we will see something, at least a teaser trailer. Just think about it: we've got this link (bottom) in 2015, two years before the launch. And it wasn't even a numbered episode. If they still need 2 years (so the release goes to 2022), even then we need a teaser. But it looks like we get the game as a launch title (for now), so I won't be surprised if we will get a full trailer.

PGW15 trailer:

The level of graphics is mind boggling even to this day!
That's how you do a proper teaser !

But the footage from the past shows cars we don't have in GTS, that I wish they included... The Citroën DS Rally... :drool: And so much more ...

Hopefully the next game fixes that and includes like a 1000 cars of historic proportions without any duplicates....:dunce:

One can dream right...

A 4 second clip, while possible, is unlikely IMO. They will want to show something good to demonstrate the capability of the PS5. So if the next GT is to be a launch title they will probably show something meaningful. That all depends on if it's a launch title, if it isn't then we might not see anything because they could decide they don't want anything to detract from the launch lineup.

So I think we'll get a proper trailer and/or gameplay video of the next GT or nothing. I could be wrong of course, but that's my take on the situation.

A Gran Turismo trailer is a really good way to show off graphical power, whether it's a launch title or not. I'd put money on a GT trailer being featured then the game being delayed.

A Gran Turismo trailer is a really good way to show off graphical power
Perhaps, but the stream will be capped at 1080p30, according to Sony for reasons of ease of production while people were working from home on it.

Perhaps, but the stream will be capped at 1080p30, according to Sony for reasons of ease of production while people were working from home on it.
Majority of trailers will be uploaded in 4K after the show. If GT does get revealed, hopefully they allow download of trailer directly especially if there is a version running at 120FPS 1080p-1440p and so on.

From what I've read, they say to wear headphones too as its a much better experience. Guess they're going to show off the new audio chip, not sure how that's going to translate over YT though.

I would be very happy even with a 720p trailer, so that 1080 is good enough, especially times like this. They will have time to upload the bigger resolution trailer after the show as a separated video, as some ppl said before.

It's probably just a placeholder but the PS5 was listed today on Amazon UK for £599.99 which is $765 USD. Bear in mind the PS3 launched for £425 which is £594 in today's money so it might not be so far off the real price.

EaKGLHDU0AEtkAj.jpeg

Last edited:
It's probably just a placeholder but the PS5 was listed today on Amazon UK for £599.99 which is $765 USD. Bear in mind the PS3 launched for £425 which is £594 in today's money so it might not be so far off the real price.

View attachment 929058
There won't be a launch PS5 with 2TB. And if there was, it would cost a lot more than 600 beans I reckon.

Not going to hold my breath. My prediction is a big rpg and big worlds. No GT at all. What I would want is GTS in VR on the PS5, but don't think that will happen until much later.

Is not just a tweet from the bosses of the Playstation studios? I don't know if Guerrilla, Naughty and the others doing the same.

Not going to hold my breath. My prediction is a big rpg and big worlds. No GT at all. What I would want is GTS in VR on the PS5, but don't think that will happen until much later.
For me the announcement is GT Sport goes for PS5 but still added content in PS4

Back