PlayStation 5 Rumors Latest: Console Reveal Within the Next Six Weeks

Only looked at it on my cell for now but i wouldn't mind the next tomb raider style game to look like this. And any game for that matter, no slow down,smooth, hopefully 60fps, no pop up, clean, detailed, good lighting...

Just wonder if animations in gameplay will go up as much.
And physics, interactivity, ai, level and game design..
Also although the controller is ok for games like 3rd person action, and the new controller is looking like a nice evolution, still wish the joysticks control would evolve too.

Last edited:
Seeing a tech demo feels a lot comfortable than a gameplay trailer..

The presentation of Horizon 2 will be pivotal to showcase the extra capabilities.

Listened to the Epic video on my tv, hard to not have your jaw open at some of the details the guy explains...Triangles the size of pixels.
Like the statue, which looked great of course, being so detailed and then a room full of them.
Then going outside flying seamlessly and smootly in a so detailed environment.
His explanations seem to mean it will not be a crazy task for developers, and the engine does alot of the work.
Plus that it's running like this already on a std ps5. Still just a prepared tech demo though, but it's hopefull.

Plus lighting, geometry, animations, physics being so dynamic and taken care of in part by the engine.

Sure looks nextgen to me, and a pretty damn big step up, if full games can look and run like this on a std ps5 without years of optimization..., except the character's face, which didn't wow me.

3d audio detail was good to learn too.

Edit: and it's doing full global illumination,
although the scene is simple in a way, with just 1 light source, and one character, not much else moving, etc.
Will be impressive if it can be the same in a complex game situation, like in a city and many characters and other things moving around etc.

Game design..the character in the demo climbs a billions of polygon of detailed environment but still can just follow the simple painted path lol.

Also seems the GI in this is not ray tracing, which would be more demanding the Foundry guys say, i wonder how much of a sacrifice it is compared to real RT.

Edit: also not much physics shown for their chaos engine, 1 scarf and a few pebbles we can hardly see lol. I bet there is slowdown for now if anything more happens.

Edit2: Would be impressive even more if they said that canyon is full of underground city areas and fully explorable, interactive, still full of detail and seamless smooth as well.

Hope also all will be interactive, with physics based damage. Having a door that depending on material is breakable if you have an axe heavy enough and character strong enough, or ram it with a fast or strong heavy enough avatar, or a strong enough explosive etc.
And you can to a point improvise or find different ways to go on.

Last edited:
The seamless flying through the incredibly detailed canyon scene... damn.

makes me think how stunning a fully next-Gen wipeout could be. Arrrghhh I hope they bring back that series.

In depth DF look.

Pretty quiet here, it is a 1st glimpse at nextgen and ps5 possiblities..

Seems UE5 does a simplified approximation of real time ray tracing, not totally real-time and not on a per polygon/ full geometry calculated light travel, but a good compromise maybe.

Another good analysis video on the same thing:

Edit: he did a good analysis video on the Last of us 2 gameplay too.

Last edited:
I get it, the graphics are amazing. But does that really matter in comparison to good, fun games? If the game isn’t fun, I don’t think how many particles the console can render (or whatever) matters as much. What about a new WipEout, or a new Ridge Racer?

I get it, the graphics are amazing. But does that really matter in comparison to good, fun games? If the game isn’t fun, I don’t think how many particles the console can render (or whatever) matters as much. What about a new WipEout, or a new Ridge Racer?
Man, I can do with a Ridge Racer 8 right about now. I miss that franchise, its cars and tracks, as well as Reiko. :guilty:

Looks like the new UE5 is incredibly efficient. That demo would have run on a 2070 Super if paired with a fast enough SSD. That bodes really well for PC gaming as the 2070 Super is mid-range. Also gives us some idea where the PS5 GPU is.
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/unreal-engine-5-demo-ps5-pc-nvidia-rtx

Not bad, considering that card costs about as much as the console will.

Ideally we would have a console that is also easier to develop games for. Some of these games seem to take forever to make.

Not bad, considering that card costs about as much as the console will.
They do at the moment but come release of the next gen consoles the 30 series cards will be here and prices of these should tumble. It will be interesting to see what a 3080Ti is capable of in that engine as it's rumoured to have 50% improvement over the 2080Ti. I can't wait to see what developers do with on it PS, Xbox and PC.

Last edited:
It be nice if games, especially sim style games could do like multi tasking within the game, meaning like if you're in a race session menu, and you want to go in the car select screen to check out the info on that car or any car, etc.

I guess gts does this a little.

Sony tells developers that any PS4 game released after July 13th must also be compatible with the PS5

The good news is that any game released on the PS4 from mid-July should be guaranteed a PS5 port. The bad news, which will mostly affect smaller indie devs, is additional work for games that were only intended to be released on current-gen platforms.

It would have been better if Sony took the Microsoft approach and let the hardware enhance games automatically, rather than forcing the devs to do the extra work. But hey, it's something.

Announced ps5 games event
Screenshot_2020-05-29-11-22-05.png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-11-23-14.png

Also, on PlayStation.Blog:

With each generation, from the first PlayStation to PlayStation 4, we aim higher and we push the boundaries further, to try and deliver better experiences for our community. This has been the mission of the PlayStation brand for more than 25 years. A mission I have been a part of nearly since the beginning.

There are few things as exciting as the launch of a new console. While this road to launch has been a bit…different, we are as thrilled as ever to bring you with us on this journey to redefine the future of videogames.

We’ve shared technical specifications and shown you the new DualSense wireless controller. But what is a launch without games?

That’s why I’m excited to share that we will soon give you a first look at the games you’ll be playing after PlayStation 5 launches this holiday. The games coming to PS5 represent the best in the industry from innovative studios that span the globe. Studios, both larger and smaller, those newer and those more established, all have been hard at work developing games that will showcase the potential of the hardware.

This digital showcase will run for a bit more than an hour and, for the first time, we will all be together virtually experiencing the excitement together. A lack of physical events has given us an amazing opportunity to think differently and bring you on this journey with us, and hopefully, closer than ever before. This is part of our series of PS5 updates and, rest assured, after next week’s showcase, we will still have much to share with you.

Please join us on Twitch or YouTube on June 4 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s in store for the next generation of games. I hope we can make you proud.

Back