Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
I think one of the main reasons Home doesn't work as a 'social networking' site, is because of the amount of different nationalities who use Home. The amount of times I have gone from server to server, to try to find people who speak and understand English, only for them to not understand me and for me not to understand them, when they speak in their language, it can get frustrating. :banghead: I know there isn't really a way around this, but maybe if everyone had a country tag, ( like in GT5p online ) it would be easier to find people to talk to. Or I could learn some more languages, but I shouldn't have to put that much effort into sometime to enjoy Home.:P

I think one of the main reasons Home doesn't work as a 'social networking' site, is because of the amount of different nationalities who use Home. The amount of times I have gone from server to server, to try to find people who speak and understand English, only for them to not understand me and for me not to understand them, when they speak in their language, it can get frustrating. :banghead: I know there isn't really a way around this, but maybe if everyone had a country tag, ( like in GT5p online ) it would be easier to find people to talk to. Or I could learn some more languages, but I shouldn't have to put that much effort into sometime to enjoy Home.:P
I use the US version of Home, where I have no language barriers, and it still fails as a social networking medium, in my opinion.

Unless social networking mediums are all about Quincying and gyrating on female avatars.

I use the US version of Home, where I have no language barriers, and it still fails as a social networking medium, in my opinion.

Unless social networking mediums are all about Quincying and gyrating on female avatars.

Well I did say ONE of the main reasons, this is another that I didn't mention, as everyone knows this is a bad part of Home. Sadly this may never be fixed as there are just to many idiots around for the mods to ban.

Got onto home tonight for a quick look. I was hoping my few trophies would be available to put on my shelves, but no.
But the strangest thing. I remember i bought.... it was a city apartment, a couple of months ago. And now its not there in 'My Locations' , and so I went to 'Estates' in Shopping Centre and its not in there as available to buy either. All sign of it has gone.
Sony get you to buy a 'house', and then they evict you?
Not pleasant landlords.

Audi has released the information on thier Playstation Home space. Its seems interesting, especially if it triggers other car manufacturers to start vying for peoples attention in Home.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/21/want-to-take-the-audi-e-tron-for-a-test-drive-grab-your-playsta/

Heh, was just about to post this myself. I definitely hope it encourages other manufacturers to join Home. Personally, I think Home would be a great place for PD to release new cars for GT5 through should they offer any DLC in the future. You could go to an actual dealership in Home and get the car through there, to find it in your garage in the game.

Thanks for that, I didn't get a chance to call.

However, if this means deleting Home and all of the things I have purchased, I'd rather wait until they have a patch.👎

It just means you're deleting the cache. You will have to download all the spaces when you visit them again. Nothing you have purchased is lost. I'm sure there would be a massive uproar if that was the case. ;)

I just played the Red Bull Air Race game. It is so cool, I didn't know it had all the other worlds or whatever that you can go to. I'll probaby play around with it a lot more now.

Why must sony give us holiday items like presents, etc. to use in our home spaces, and they didn't give us a TREE TO PUT THEM UNDER!?

Lame.

/RANT

I jumped back into Home last night while I was waiting for the store to update with the GT5 demo. Digital-Nitrate had sent me an invite to Sodium, which I later discovered it makes you do as an objective (sorry for anyone that randomly got one from me), so I decided to check it out. First thing I did notice was there is still, for me at least, a lot of loading and waiting.

First, I got overwhelmed by how much stuff Home has now that I didn't notice before. Then once I was in Sodium I realized that this is quite possibly the best space in Home. There were actually some fun games and enjoyable challenges to perform, all of which unlocked free items. It was very nice, and I suggest everyone interested in Home check out Sodium.

My only issue with Sodium was that there seems to be a bit of a pay to play completely mentality. For example, I played Salt Shooter and had a lot of fun, but when I got finished it told me to go buy one of the clothing outfits to unlock the full game. I am not interested in a paid game in a system that has a lot of loading just to get to where I can access it.

But they also have this in-world credit and resource trading system that I haven't had time to mess with yet. They do have a bar where you can either serve or "buy" drinks. Finally, a working bar in Home. I have been waiting so long for this. Anyway, when I pull myself away from the GT5 demo I will spend some time exploring Sodium more, as it seems to be worth it.

Also, while in Home I discovered an avatar outfit worth buying. I guess he was in a bit of a fight, as he seems to have scratches on his arms.

It's just a scratch.
photo0416.jpg

And if you watch the video screen in the mall there is an ad for the Monty Python and the Holy Grail outfits that reenacts the entire Camelot musical number with Home avatars. Now, to see if he can bowl.

I learned that I could back out of the rainshower objective and still get credit for not spamming everyone on my friends list. :)

I paid the $5 for the rest of the Salt Shooter game, but not the $1 for cinder block shoes for scorpion stomping.

The Sodium One website was a bit confusing. All of the information took a while to digest, and I still don't see the enemy hovertanks on display.

Got an invite from FK for Sodium so I thought I'd check it out tonight, pretty cool Home space. I was a bit mad no one would serve me a freakin drink though at the bar, what kind of lousy service is that? :lol: Past that though the shooter game was fun.

I'm also amazed at the amount of crap that is in Home now. It's been awhile since I've played around with it.

Home is so much fun, alot better then just talking on the mic with cross game chat LMAO what a joke that is so 90's and old, this is the future today hehe.

i like that huge x-mas three in the Central Plaza.

Got an invite from FK for Sodium so I thought I'd check it out tonight, pretty cool Home space. I was a bit mad no one would serve me a freakin drink though at the bar, what kind of lousy service is that? :lol: Past that though the shooter game was fun.
Was anyone playing as the server? I have done both and I like how they made it into a mini-game. Sodium basically has three games: Salt Shooter, Scorpion Stomp, and Scorpio's Bar.

Also, I discovered you get a free Legion shirt if you go watch the trailer in the theater.

And apparently my Black Knight outfit is a hit. People keep commenting on it.

Ya there was three people serving and only four or five customers. I waited a couple minutes and decided that I was bored.

Ya there was three people serving and only four or five customers. I waited a couple minutes and decided that I was bored.
You need to give them some time because all they get is a picture of what you ordered and then have to match it. It gets tricky when you are dealing with lime vs lemon or the red vs pink drink.

Ah, gotcha. I wasn't sure what was involved with it. Maybe I'll give it another go tonight if I get on the PS3.

Ah, gotcha. I wasn't sure what was involved with it. Maybe I'll give it another go tonight if I get on the PS3.
Or try serving. Just don't hit the X button until after you are behind the bar. Then you need to stand by the screen until an order is placed. The big problem seems to be most people don't know what to do, and so I saw a lot of people having to explain it to each other.

This Home is alot of fun man, i'm not into the whole social network garbage, i never had a myspace page or a twieer or phacebook or whatever is popular today.

but when i go to PlayStation Home i always find alot of cool girls to chat and meet with, it is awesome.

thanks Sony.

when i go to PlayStation Home i always find alot of cool girls to chat and meet with, it is awesome.

thanks Sony.

:lol:, you do realise that most of these "girls" won't actually be girls don't you?

Did I ever mention that I never bothered transferring Home from my old HDD to my new one? Probably should have kept it, because I'll want the full version when it comes, and having Beta would have meant free stuff or carry-over stuff no doubt- it just got so glitchy and boring I gave up on it.

No more Home pool for me, hastle kings is much better (as you would expect) :D

Now if only I could download that train stacking game :P

Back