Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
It's been a while since have been in Home, but they added some very nice things indeed. The Sodium space is very cool. 👍

I sent them an email the other day. I know, you know and they know that they have long ways to go, but I think they have some serious issues with it.

One that I did bring up to their attention, and I doubt they care, but it's the avatar system. I've brought this up in here before, but it is damn near impossible to create an Asian avatar with the system they have in place now. Xbox Live avatars look cartoony, but at least, I can recreate how I look with it.

That was the only thing I brought up in the email, but I thought that was a pretty major one. If I'm gonna prance around in my virtual avatar form, I want it to look remotely close to me. Not Hispanic or white. :P And of course, there are stuff like the constant update & loading, which can be a pretty big turnoff. Actually, with just two of those things solved, I'd bet that PS Home traffic would easily multiply from their current numbers.

Easier said than done, I realize this. But never hurts to let them know!

Has anybody seem or heard about the Audi E-Tron game. I read that players can race the cars and it looked liked it was out, but I can't find it.

Has anybody seem or heard about the Audi E-Tron game. I read that players can race the cars and it looked liked it was out, but I can't find it.

Is that the one where you race an Audi on a rollercoaster thing. :lol: You get power ups and you have to see who does the biggest jump off the end. :lol: So if that's what you're talking about, it's out.

It must be it. Where is it at though, I haven't found it?

At the Audi Space. You just go in world map and there's two Audi spaces. One of them is the game. When you go in there is about 5 electrical looking towers in the room. You go to them to play the game.

I can't get into home right now. When it accesses my HDD and comes up with the Warning screen, it just locks up. I can exit out using the PS button, but pressing X to advance to the next screen is doing absolutely nothing. Just downloaded the latest update and that didn't fix it either.

I can't get into home right now. When it accesses my HDD and comes up with the Warning screen, it just locks up. I can exit out using the PS button, but pressing X to advance to the next screen is doing absolutely nothing. Just downloaded the latest update and that didn't fix it either.

That sort of thing happens me a lot too, at first it was just my connection but since I put the PS3 in a DMZ the problems only improved slightly. I would use Home more often if it had better connection stability for those of us under 1mb/sec broadband. However we must not forget it is a free beta and huge progress has been made since this time last year.

Just got a PS3 and decided to give Home a try, man do I feel out of the loop. So much I don't understand yet.

It's not just you. A buddy and I played around with it for maybe 30mins a couple months back and I haven't had the itch to revisit it since. Interesting concept initially, however after visiting once absolutely uninviting to this gamer.

Just got a PS3 and decided to give Home a try, man do I feel out of the loop. So much I don't understand yet.

I've been using Home since the closed beta over a year ago, and my wife uses it a lot more than myself, and both of us are still learning new stuff about Home we never knew before. Not only are they constantly adding a tremendous amount of new content, spaces, promotions, events, and countless mini-games, but there is also an ever growing number of private clubs in Home as well.

It would take a VERY long time to even try and cover just a small fraction of what Home has grown into, but just to get you started, you might want to check out some of these helpful links:

General Info

PlayStation Home Clubs & Events

Xi (Home Alternate Reality Game)

Sodium One

Sodium Two
  • (coming soon)

Now so far all of this only covers many of the info about the North American version of Home. There are actually four different versions of Home: Japan, Asia, North America, and Europe (which basically includes everybody else).

Some versions of Home are quite different than others, each having its own exclusive spaces, games, and content, but also sharing some of the same. There are advantages and disadvantages to every version of Home, but seeing as the PS3 is region free and its VERY easy to create PSN accounts for all four regions, for those interested, you can easily visit all four regions of Home.

I don't want to get too far into it, and you'll find plenty of info about the other regions and different content by doing some basic Google searches, but seeing as there are a lot of GTP members from the UK, here are at least the main links for the EU/UK Home info:

European Version of Home Info (UK sites)

Musicality

If you are mostly interested in seeing all the many different items that have been released in Home and in all of the regions, one site that is a must see is:

Alphazone4 (a reference to the game Xi)

Bottom line: Home is huge, with multiple regions, and well over a hundred unique spaces to explore. There are over a hundred free games, some very basic, some very unique, complex and challenging to play, many that reward you with free Home items (clothes, furnishings, even a personal space like the one you can with playing Audi's Vertical Run game).

With millions of people in Home including a very large community of regular users, the only thing keeping you from meeting new people is your willingness to do so. Also, it's a myth that most female avatars in Home are really men, but if one is truly concerned there are several indicators that might help you identify the genders of the people you are meeting in Home.

Obviously the best method is to add them to your friends list and have a video chat. Then you can see and hear them. If they don't have a video camera, then have a voice chat. If they don't have a headset, remind them that any bluetooth headset like those used with a mobile phone will work fine. If they still claim they don't have one, and you are not sure, the next helpful indicator is to see whether or not they are wearing or own any paid clothing items, and or purchased personal spaces.

The reason for this is that it would be very unlikely some guy is going to make some fake female sounding PSN account and then spend much if any money for female clothes that he would only be wearing to prank unsuspecting guys.

Like I said, both my wife and I have been using Home since it was in closed beta, she more than me, as well as many of her girlfriends. In fact based on what I've seen in Home, from my wife's use, and from what I read in the forums, there appears to be more women using Home on a regular basis as compared to the many men who likely use it only sparingly.

Yes, some, but certainly not the majority of male Home users do hit on my wife and her friends, but most of the time its quite harmless, and frankly it's very easy for her to ignore them, and even make them go away, either by walking away, leaving the space and coming back (which often puts you in a dif lobby), or one trick that my wife's friend's taught her is to open up your Home PDA and select "Clubs" then select "Create Club". Doing so will open up the estate store menu... which makes your avatar "disappear" from view until you exit that menu. The person believes you have left the space and moves on such that when she exits the store menu she is still happily in that space with her friends, but the offender is most likely long gone.

Speaking of personalities in Home, besides the many celebrities that have used and are using Home, many are also using Home to create short films/machinima, so much so there are even now dedicated sites, including one just for recruiting and representing Home "talent", like this one:

PS Talent Agency

[YOUTUBEHD]ehyW_gA7u14[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
Theres are rumour that the metal doors behind the podium space will open after the presentation.

Just a heads-up for those interested. Those doors are now the gateway to the EU exclusive "The Backstage Pass" space which is currently hosting a promotion for Heavy Rain, where you have to solve a murder mystery inside Home by talking photos of the crime scene and clues. For more info click here, and there are guides on playing the mini-game among the links I previously posted. However, just to get you started, when you enter the Presentation Podium space, look for the pool of blood near the front stage of the podium:

2010-3-1011.jpg

Then follow the bloody footsteps:

2010-3-1012.jpg

They will lead to the large doors behind the Podium area:

2010-3-1013.jpg

The door will take you to The Backstage Pass space:

2010-3-1014.jpg

Once inside, you'll need to be sure you are wearing the Heavy Rain shirt, which you get for free by visiting the Heavy Rain website and getting the redemption code for the shirt.

07254047361df1838e4a9dd1e98a675c.png
e802fea5effa11252f240a4c1ff0cb94.png

Once you have the shirt on, then walk through this door to access the Heavy Rain area and play the Evidence Analysis game:

[
2010-3-1015.jpg

In addition, if you haven't been to the Podium space in a while, they have added a new game, Freezeball:

2010-3-1004.jpg

It is a bumper pool style game with a twist. It is located in the lounge area off to the left side of the space from the main entrance:

2010-3-1002.jpg

They have also brought back the Shape Blast game, which is where you use 8 different blast cannons to fire a projectile through the 8 different red neon rings placed around the Podium area.

2010-3-1007.jpg

The game is located at the top of the stairs overlooking the podium:

2010-3-1005.jpg

To start the game just click on this:

2010-3-1006.jpg

If you beat the game you'll get a trophy for your personal spaces, which is a slightly smaller version of the ones you'll see near the lounge area that shoot out colored PS symbols.

2010-3-1001.jpg

Speaking of EU exclusive promotional events, they also have several other events going on, most of which, like the Heavy Rain promotion, have various games and rewards to enjoy.

One such promotion is being held in the EU exclusive space, Events Landing:

2010-3-1021.jpg

The promotion is for the game Hustle Kings. When you click on the PSN Transporter Ball, it will take you to a giant billiards table:

2010-3-1022.jpg

The game is called Ball Dodge, to play you have to walk to the middle of the table where there is a green sign showing a rack of balls. Click on play and follow the directions. Basically its like the Buzz game in Home in that you move you avatar around, but in this case you are trying to guess where the balls are going to move around and to place yourself closest to them without actually getting hit.

You'll get a shirt with a red cape just for playing, and a large crown if you score the most points in a game.

Yet another EU Home exclusive is The Gallery space which is currently hosting a special promotion for White Knight Chronicles. When you enter the space you'll see the giant White Knight sculpture in the middle of the room:

2010-3-1031.jpg

It will give you detailed instructions, but even if you don't want to participate in the promotion, you can go into the three staged rooms and walk up to the sign showing a camera.

2010-3-1032.jpg

2010-3-1033.jpg

2010-3-1034.jpg

Click X, and you'll be able to take staged photos that include your PSN names and even chat bubbles - like the one they had during the Winter Wonderland promotional space.

The EU promotions don't end there though. The Game is an interesting promotion which you can get more info on from the video screens and billboards in the Home Square space, as well as free redemption codes for the shirts:

b4b8345d1457d8f4d4b162f429e1b723.png
ae0026fa7916f36106e39bb5597a83fa.png

e42b3916edf76cc9f9fb1a58efa40b95.png
5606b99f44fe85e0f1b62d172d7698d6.png

In addition to all that, Home TV has a new episode (#3) playing in theatre 7.

You can watch this and previous episodes on YouTube as well, but obviously in much lower resolution and audio quality. Here is the first episode they showed:

[YOUTUBEHD]_vrPIbpmUWM[/YOUTUBEHD]

Speaking of EU's Home Theatre, there are also new clips from Robot Chicken playing in theatre 4, as well as the clever music video for the song Reyerta by Mujeres playing in theater 8. On the main lobby screen they are also showing coverage and interviews from the world premiere of Alice in Wonderland. In addition, there are several trailers for films like:
  • Iron Man 2
  • Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
  • The Last Airbender
  • Kick-Ass
  • Robin Hood

Another promotion going on in EU is for Aliens VS Predators. Although unlike for the other exclusive EU promotions they had for the Watchmen, Star Trek, Transformers, GI Joe, and Wolverine, this time the Home costumes are not free. Still it's pretty wild to see aliens and predators running around Home, especially when you catch them dancing... which is a sight worth seeing. :lol:

Saw an alien playing the Ball Dodge game:

2010-3-1024.jpg

I came across one in The Gallery space... and he gave me the evil eye:

2010-3-1036.jpg

2010-3-1037.jpg

Also saw a predator waiting for a game of chess

2010-3-1042.jpg

Like a lot of events in Home, many are unofficial, like the recent Aliens Vs Predators Event hosted by a group called YourWorldInHome.

[YOUTUBEHD]28GyuOFuelQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

All this, and yet some EU users continue to claim they are given the short end of the stick on Home content. Oh well, there are facts and then there are opinions. ;)

Last edited:
I haven't been to Home in a while, but it has grown to something completely awesome! So much to do there, and all completely free. :)

Magnificent post D-N, I need to check back in there, not been to Home for a year. Thanks for all the info and the excellent pics 👍

I need to find time to get back into Home. But when I am not trying to sooth a baby I am trying to over throw the evil galactic empire in a LEGO galaxy far far away on my 360.

Was bored tonight and decided to fire up Home. Abstergo Labs is up for exploration. Quite a lot of Assassins Creed content too. Lots of cool artwork and character information to check out and a pretty addictive Tower Defense game that rewards you with a TV when you win it once.

Anyone else catch the Luxury Race Suite space in Home? It's freaking awesome!

Sorry if this is old, I haven't been on Home in a while. :P

I've got mine all decorated with F1 pictures I grabbed off the net. And the two places down in the paddock that allow for photos, I put up a track map of the Nurburgring. (F1 course) :)

Anyone else having issues downloading the 1.36 update? The PS3 resets itself whenever I try to download it. I want to see the E3 booth!

Last edited:
I anyone else having issues downloading the 1.36 update? The PS3 resets itself whenever I try to download it. I want to see the E3 booth!
You have to wait until the yellow HD light stops flashing on the PS3 before pressing the [X] button to accept the download.

I could not find an E3 space this morning though.....

Just a heads-up, Home is about to get a big change to their hub, and some spaces and games may go away, so if you have not been in Home in a while, you may want to explore around a bit and if you like the rewards for many of the games, you might want to try and get those rewards in case those games don't carry over to the new hub.

I just tried out the "UNCHARTED 3: Fortune Hunter" game integration in Home and it's a blast.

Much like the Killzone 3, Dead Island, and Resistance 3 game integrations in Home, they have done an amazing job integrating the Uncharted world into Home and you can even unlock in-game bonuses and Home rewards for playing the game in Home and completing various challenges.

Here is an article about this event from the PS Blog:

PlayStation Home Announces UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Total Game Integration

Like the other Game Integration events in Home, users have already been posting videos on YouTube for this event.

[YOUTUBEHD]Ei1eJSFJhxA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
Back