PlayStation Now - Play PS3 titles on your PS4 for £12.99 per month.PS4 

• Thread starter JR98
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
PlayStation-Now-Beta.jpg

PlayStation Now is a subscription service that allows you to play PS3 titles on your PS4. It works similar to OnLive (A PC based service for streaming PC games) where you choose a game and just play. If you don't have a PS Now subscription, you have to pay for the games you play. The subscription costs £12.99 per month.

Games available on PS NOW (These vary based on location):

Adventure Time - Explore the Dungeon
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Air Conflicts - Secret Wars
Air Conflicts: Vietnam
Alien Rage
Alien Spidy
Alone in the Dark: Inferno
Alpha Protocol
Anarchy: Rush Hour
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Arcana Heart 3
Back to the Future Episode 1: It's About Time
Back to the Future Episode 2: Get Tannen!
-
Back to the Future Episode 3: Citizen Brown -
Back to the Future Episode 4: Double Visions -
Back to the Future Episode 5 - OUTATIME -
Baseball Stars 2
Batman Arkham City
-
Battle Fantasia
Bejeweled 3
Ben 10 Omniverse
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Big Sky Infinity
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Bionic Commando Rearmed
BioShock Infinite
BIT.TRIP Runner 2
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
Blazblue Continuum Shift
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma
BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Bodycount
Bound by Flame
Capcom Arcade Cabinet All-in-One Pack
Catherine
Cel Damage HD
Chime Super Deluxe
Choplifter HD
Contrast
Crazy Taxi
Critter Crunch
Cuboid Ultimate Bundle
Damnation
Darksiders
Darksiders 2
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Dead or Alive 5
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Dead Space 3
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Deadliest Warrior: The Game
Death Track: Resurrection
de Blob 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Dogfight 1942
Dragon's Lair
Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp
Dynasty Warriors 7
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Earth Defense Force 2025
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
echochrome
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Everyday Shooter
F1 2013
Farming Simulator
Fighting Vipers
Final Exam
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Galaga Legions DX
God of War: Ascension
God of War II HD
Greg Hastings Paintball 2
Grid 2
Grid Autosport
GripShift v2.0
Guacamelee!
Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
Hotshots Golf
Hunter's Trophy 2 - America
Hunter's Trophy 2 - Australia
ICO
Infamous
Infamous 2
Interpol: The Trail of Chaos
Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine
Judge Dee - The City Cod Case
Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days + DLC
Killzone 3
Knytt Underground
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
LEGO Batman 2 Superheroes
Locoroco Cocoreccho!
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Lost Planet 2
LUMINES Supernova
Madagascar 3: The Video Game
Magician Lord
Magus
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Mars: War Logs
Mass Effect 2
Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Mercury Hg
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Mirror's Edge
MotoGP 13
Motorstorm Apocalypse
MouseCraft
MX vs ATV: Alive
MX vs ATV: Reflex
NASCAR '14
NBA 2K14
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
NiGHTS into dreams
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge with Online Pass
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Of Orcs and Men
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Order Up!!
Overlord: Raising Hell
Overlord 2
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Painkiller - Hell & Damnation
Papo & Yo
Payday The Heist
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap
PixelJunk Shooter
PixelJunk Shooter 2
Piyotama
Planet Minigolf
Port Royale 3 Gold Edition
Proteus
Pure Chess
Rainbow Moon
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Realms of Ancient War
Record of the Agarest War
Record of the Agarest War 2
Record of the Agarest War Zero
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla
Renegade Ops
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Retro/Grade
Rise of the Argonauts
Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game'
Ricochet HD
Rochard
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Rocket Knight
Rotastic
Saints Row 2
Saints Row 4
Saints Row: The Third The Full Package
Sam & Max BTS: Episode 1 - Ice Station Santa
Sam & Max BTS: Episode 2 - Moai Better Blues
Sam & Max BTS: Episode 3 - Night of the Raving Dead
Sam & Max BTS: Episode 4 - Chariots of the Dogs
Sam & Max BTS: Episode 5 - What's New Beelzebub?
Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone
Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Episode 2: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
Sam & Max The devil's Playhouse Episode 3: They Stole Max's Brain
Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Episode 4: Beyond Alley of Dolls
Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Episode 5: The City That Dares Not Sleep
Samurai Shodown
SEGA Bass Fishing
Shadow of the Colossus
Shatter
Siren: Blood Curse Episodes 1-12
Skullgirls
Skullgirls Encore
Sky Fighter
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype
Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer
Sonic CD
Sonic Generations
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 2
Space Ac
Spelunky
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Stick It To the Man
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Super Street Fighter 4
Swarm
Tales From Space About a Blob Premium Bundle
The Cave
The House of the Dead 3
The House of the Dead 4
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut
The King of Fighters XIII
The Last of Us
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
The Sly Collection
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season
Thomas Was Alone
Titan Attacks!
Tokyo Jungle
Truck Racer
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
Twisted Metal
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Urban Trial Freestyle
Velocity Ultra
Vessel
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Wakeboarding HD
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Warhawk
Way of the Samurai 3
WRC 4 - FIA World Rally Championship
XBlaze Code: Embryo
XCOM: Enemy Within
Zeno Clash 2
Zen Pinball 2: Zen Pinball Classics
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge

Once you first play a game through PS NOW it will appear on the XMB for easier access.

Be aware that PS Now heavily depends on your internet connection. If you have bad internet, don't buy PS Now subscription as it won't let you play without stable internet.

Nice to see them adjusting the price, seems much more reasonable now.
And the game list is amazing. Although only the US get all of those games. It only launched in the UK today but already has 100 games including Metro Last Light, Uncharted 1, DIRT 3, F1 2013, Saints Row 2, 3 & 4 and a few other great games.

Nice to see them adjusting the price, seems much more reasonable now.

It really was crazy at first because many of those games could be physically bought for a few bucks! I suppose with an 'all you can eat' subscription is makes more sense but software based backwards compatibility like the Xbox One now has would be much more welcome.

I'm pretty sure there was an existing thread about this somewhere...

It really was crazy at first because many of those games could be physically bought for a few bucks! I suppose with an 'all you can eat' subscription is makes more sense but software based backwards compatibility like the Xbox One now has would be much more welcome.

I thought there was too but a search revealed nothing. The renting prices are a bit steep though, £3.99 for an hour. An hour. For 1 game.

I thought there was too but a search revealed nothing. The renting prices are a bit steep though, £3.99 for an hour. An hour. For 1 game.

Yeah, you can probably buy it somewhere for a fiver! :lol: That's why it's better to just hang on to your PS3. Plus the streaming quality is not as good as playing it locally.

Yeah, you can probably buy it somewhere for a fiver! :lol: That's why it's better to just hang on to your PS3. Plus the streaming quality is not as good as playing it locally.
It's 720P 30FPS maximum and with my internet I can play just fine. Provided I'm the only one using the internet. Got 7 day trial and played Metro Last Light for around an hour today and it was pretty fun. Dissapointed that I can't record it though.

I still think they'll do PS1 and PS2 compatibility.

Where is WipEout HD Fury? 👎

I had a hard enough time streaming Grid 2 from my PC to my laptop on a half wired, half wireless network, playing a game as fast as Wipeout over the Internet would likely be impossible and not fun. Even F1 2013 would probably be infuriating!

My Internet is too slow to being with, i rather just play those games on my PS3 or wait for Sony if they would ever make a backwards compatibility so i could play the older PS generation games directly on my PS4.

£12.99 a month?!? I know the benefits on playing it on the PS4 but for the price you can buy the physical copy of the game for way cheaper if you already have the PS3.

The whole concept is rather ridiculous IMO. Sure some people might get a kick out of it but I feel the whole execution is going to be a mess for others. I hope this isn't the future of backwards compatibility because it doesn't need to move foward at all, It is fine as it is. I honestly would've rather see an expensive version of the PS4 that was capable of Backwards Compatibility rather than a tone of rebuying games via "Remasters" or Streaming games for 12.99.

That might seem way over my head to say that but I can't see this method being any good to make want to buy a PS4.

Sony is pathetic. They reduced the PS1 and PS2 to single chips a while ago. They therefore could have added a couple of IO ports on the PS3 or PS4 so they could sell you a cartridge that would add PS1 and PS2 hardware compatibility to you console when you plugged it in. Of course it will be awhile before they would be able to do the same for the PS3.

That would be for the players.

This is not, it's part of the stupidity to not own anything yourself anymore but access it for a cost of subscription. This is in your own hands. If you do it, you only have yourselves to blame when you're no longer allowed to own anything.

Oh and Sony, I don't recall giving you permission of adding crap like this to my PS4 game list.

fan6.jpg

This is the combined EE+GS PS1/PS2 chip which was in the original PS3. It would cost all of a couple of bucks to put it in the PS4 today but they would rather sell you all the stuff that you already own again and here's the catch... you won't even really own it :lol:

The whole concept is rather ridiculous IMO. Sure some people might get a kick out of it but I feel the whole execution is going to be a mess for others. I hope this isn't the future of backwards compatibility because it doesn't need to move foward at all, It is fine as it is. I honestly would've rather see an expensive version of the PS4 that was capable of Backwards Compatibility rather than a tone of rebuying games via "Remasters" or Streaming games for 12.99.

That might seem way over my head to say that but I can't see this method being any good to make want to buy a PS4.

It's a Netflix for games which isn't really a bad idea, provided the execution is flawless which in the future might be and in fairness with the proper connection it's good enough for older games.

Remasters are another thing entirely.

PS1 and 2 capabilities would be just a software update I think, PS3 isn't doable for obvious reasons.

VXR
That's a 1080p60 game isn't it? Might not want to dumb it down for steaming?
Didn't stop them putting games like God of War III that looks like absolute tripe over streaming! :lol: Plus, they ported it to Vita and dropped the frames to 30 so its a mysterious game to leave behind when there are games like Pure Chess in there. 👎

I tried the trial and it isn't for me. Feels like playing a Youtube video. Thanks but no thanks Sony. Especially at 12.99.

It's a Netflix for games which isn't really a bad idea, provided the execution is flawless which in the future might be and in fairness with the proper connection it's good enough for older games.

Remasters are another thing entirely.

PS1 and 2 capabilities would be just a software update I think, PS3 isn't doable for obvious reasons.
It is a lot different to watching something though. Not to mention it would be harder to get a decent connection to a game. As the servers have to constantly respond to your inputs, it will make it difficult to make good connections with bad internet countries like Australia. I imagine, it be worse than the constant dc on GT6s servers.

It is a lot different to watching something though. Not to mention it would be harder to get a decent connection to a game. As the servers have to constantly respond to your inputs, it will make it difficult to make good connections with bad internet countries like Australia. I imagine, it be worse than the constant dc on GT6s servers.

Oh I agree, heck I don't see my country's internet being good enough for this even in the next 5 years but in the UK for example it's really doable.

I did the free 7 day trial of this a few years back & was amazed at how solid & reliable the service was. However, I was offered another 7 day free trial, which I accepted yesterday, & I am unable to stream any games at all, I just get an error message & am prompted to try again. My internet connection is fine, & is pretty much the same as it was back when I first tried it. It's very disappointing that PS Now has gone from being rock solid on my system to not working at all.

PS Now Error.jpg

Last edited:
Back