PlayStation VR GT Sport Bundle Drops to $199

26024071_1547853451974982_2720654376629462818_o.jpg

Got mine for Christmas!!!

Damn, looks like I missed this deal. This is the price point I think I would probably pull the trigger on trying it out.

I wonder if nay sayers who tried it at a demo booth, have much narrower or wider set eyes than the default setting. If it's more than a few millimeters out, the numbers/text on the dash might be blurry because the two images aren't being aligned to your eyes perfectly.
Mate, it’s not the setting on the headset.

People aren’t genuinely addopting console VR en masse because the current generation can’t push enough polygons to make it a compelling experience.

Just look at the slate of available games. Most are hobbled very specific experiences compared with triple-A titles. The VR Mode in GT Sport is an afterthought walled garden affair. And that’s coming from a Sony FIRST PARTY studio.

What is a walled garden?

I've driven around all the tracks in VR and it's awesome. Noticing the tower block on the last bend of interlagos, looking at the boats and sun umbrellas on the dragon tail beach.

It's not a racing experience in GTS due to dumb developers, but it's an experience I appreciate and it's a lot better than looking at better graphics on a tv screen.

Driveclub VR is a better racing experience when I've raced against people online, so what if there are only 6 cars on the grid, 6 is enough to feel busy if they are doing similar lap times. I rarely get involved with more than 6 cars on track in GTS in a grid of 20.

I've been gifted Resident Evil for Xmas, if I can pluck up the courage I will be playing that too. PSVR is well worth the money and more.

Driving real car yesterday, I noticed the 'screen door effect' of the heated wind screen more than I notice it in PSVR, in PSVR When I am driving on the limit, I only notice my surroundings.

You can't have even tried PSVR if you don't think it's a compelling experience, in the veryron the other day, I wanted to reach out and open the glove box, in the samba I wanted to set the clock to the correct time, if that isn't a compelling experience, then nothing is or ever will be.

I also agree ^^ I don't think PSVR in GT Sport was an afterthought. Every GT car in game is modelled and available to zoom in and around the Car Showroom in great detail down to the calipers. Every track has been carefully recreated to the same design. You can drive any car in your garage around any track in cockpit view (apart from a few VGT) and the interiors are amazing. We have seen multiple cars on the same track in videos a while ago. I would say they have been working on PSVR for many years and reduced it to 2 cars on release. I wouldn't be surprised once things settle down they release a PS4 Pro patch to sharpen things up and have the ability to race more cars.

Yeh I think PD spent 3 years doing 4K models and in their own bubble they had no idea how many people would rather have VR immersion.

During the network down, I fired up Driveclub VR and it looked a lot clearer than I remembered, and the sound not as good as I remembered. I think you get used to the lower graphics and they become clearer.

I've fired up 'Flat Out' PC driving game on my arcade machine and that looks like a blurry mess in comparison to VR now but was clear to me years ago. I expect I could get used to it again though.

If time trial was available in GTS, and you could get in the car and Rev the engine in the showroom, I would call it a complete VR experience.

The Sambabus is a good vehicle to start with to ease into VR. i didn't feel weird at all driving it (although that's all i drove)

I tried gt sport last night finally on my psvr and I loved it. Sure the graphics arent as great as a flat screen 4k tv but the immersion you get outweighs this imho. I mean....it's not in 1080p or anything but it is decent and in 3d...so It really feels like you're sitting in these cars....I do have a custom rig with tx wheel and t3pa pro pedals so that helps with the immersion. I immediately was driving better because i was aware of my speed and able to look around the corners....it's just a crazy experience and I really hope we get more content options for this technology. It's not backwards tech by any means....on your flat screen, can you look through the turn through the passenger window? You can in vr and it's in 3d and it is how you should be racing in real life...not just looking straight ahead. Not to mention the other games that are available.....the makers of London Heist are coming out with a full game soon (forgot what it's called) but it should be epic. Vr will get better as time goes by too...so there is no reason to just scoff at it. That seems rather ignorant to me...embrace it and be glad that we live in a time where we have the technology to experience these things. Anyone else remember when Super Mario bros came out and Nintendo....people didn't complain that Mario looked too blocky...no we enjoyed it for what it was because it was something new.

I bought the Doom VFR bundle just to get the V2 hardware for GTS. Yes, it's fuzzy compared with a flat screen but it is way more fun. You have much more awareness of the car in a particular place on the track and elevation changes are much more accurate. I drove the Nordschleife a few times in real life, and with VR the track width, run off areas and elevation changes are far more accurate than the flat screen. Yes, the graphics leave a lot to be desired but after an hour in the VR environment, you get the feeling you are actually sitting in the various cars you drive. You can look around the inside of the car, watch the steering wheel connecting electrical cable sway as you go around a corner, etc. It is enjoyable.

What was really fun is the KTM X-Bow R 2012 or the Shifter Kart. You are really out there and can look around. Some of the scenery in VR is amazing.

I'm not sure how the graphics can be improved, apart from new headsets with higher resolution, but it would really be nice if VR supported custom races with more than one additional competitor.

Back