PLEASE help me 'get' into Forza 4, after finally admitting-GT5=not4me.

Thanks for this thread - very helpful for me. I've been playing GT5 since its release, using various wheels and achieving level 40 A-Spec, 60 gold licenses, etc. But lately GT5 is more frustration and disappointment than joy... so many terrible engine sounds, terrible tire dynamics, unrealistic lap times (I primarily drive race cars around the 'Ring), updates bringing significant and intrusive changes that just have to be undone later. And the more I worked toward driving with all aids off (no ABS either), the more I noticed the game's physics shortcomings. Excruciatingly slow AI, too... constantly battling Group C cars with a GT car and winning. Yeah, right.

This year I decided to get a spanky new xbox 360 and FM4, just waiting for the Fanatec wheel to arrive and away we'll go. If cars handle half as good as they sound, I hope there will be a lot of racing joy ahead...

polite and slow AI will not be found in Forza lol, it's nice to have AI that fights and is stubborn about getting out of the driving line.

polite and slow AI will not be found in Forza lol, it's nice to have AI that fights and is stubborn about getting out of the driving line.

OMG yes :drool: Much better than AI who suddenly park on corner exits while still following the racing line (slowly cutting across from the apex to the outside, leaving you nowhere to go without swapping paint or standing on the brake). I hope FM4's AI will push me to drive faster/better in a similar car rather than racing above my class and/or nerfing my car's power/tires/weight...

you will get some that brake early and trade paint or complete bumpers but i enjoy it more than the moving chicanes GT5 has. I spend most my time in the Forza Le Mans Multi-Class lobbies. GT traffic can be a pain which makes for more realistic racing in my mind.

@FNG71 -- FYI, the AI in FM4 vary wildly depending on what mode you're racing in. In the "World Tour," they can be quite slow, dumb, and mistake-prone, no matter how you set the options. However, in the "Event List" on Professional difficulty, some qualifying cars simply aren't fast enough to take pole position without racing like a dirty bumper-bouncing lunatic, even at the top of the class. So you'll definitely be able to find a challenge there.

Be sure to try Rivals mode too, for an endless supply of flesh-and-blood competition. You can do that with the free "Silver" membership on Xbox Live. :)

@FNG71 -- FYI, the AI in FM4 vary wildly depending on what mode you're racing in. In the "World Tour," they can be quite slow, dumb, and mistake-prone, no matter how you set the options. However, in the "Event List" on Professional difficulty, some qualifying cars simply aren't fast enough to take pole position without racing like a dirty bumper-bouncing lunatic, even at the top of the class. So you'll definitely be able to find a challenge there.

Be sure to try Rivals mode too, for an endless supply of flesh-and-blood competition. You can do that with the free "Silver" membership on Xbox Live. :)

Looks like Forza Planet is now showing our old usernames ... so much for FNG71 LOL

But yeah totally agree with your point - so far I've reached driver level 33 and have mostly done World Tour and some of the Event List... Having an absolute blast on the Mountain Chase stages, those are awesome!! Also the 'Ring challenges against the GT-R or the Ruf, pretty hilarious to watch the huge speed difference and the brutal rear-end collisions as I tiptoe past :) I've had the AI on Pro since I started the game and yes they still make a lot of "human errors"... Seems like the AI is never all that fast around the Nordschleife either, no matter what game you play.

Still haven't done Xbox Live yet but eventually I will. Right now I'm working on my garage, love all those bonuses for difficulty and all the free cars, and what I really love, free upgrades when you go for the affinity levels :) Although the only thing I really change is an adjustable differential so I can get rid of the understeer.

Last edited:
Back