Point of owning two or more?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Is there any point to owning two or more of the same car or can I sell the ones i’ve already got.
You can’t reselect the base colour choice but you can apply any livery so it doesn’t matter?

Many times when I get something I already have on the wheel of misfortune I'll hop in it and tune it up. It's fun to see how my skills have improved when I compare an old tune vs the new one. It's also disappointing when I find out that an update has screwed up what I once thought was a tuneup.

But you can have multiple tune profiles for the same car can’t you? Or are these locked tuned models you can’t buy but win?
I know you can have multiple tune profiles for the same car, but I just like putting tunes on the cars even if I have the same car 3 times.

I know you can have multiple tune profiles for the same car, but I just like putting tunes on the cars even if I have the same car 3 times

If you do single make races do you have to have a car for every different livery for a full grid to have different ones or is it totally random in what it picks?

I like two of each road cars. One with factory paint and stock tune and further tunes to each N class.
The second car will have a race livery and be tuned to the top of a class to race against higher classes such as N300/N400 in a custom race against Gr. 4.
I’ve had some amazing races against pro AI this way.
Turning road cars into race cars adds tons to the playability.
A couple of my favourites for example are the BMW M3 E30 There are some awesome touring car livery’s out there and it’s great to run against gr4. Or turning the 996 or 997 Porsche 911 into a cup car and creating some one make cup races.
The possibility’s are extensive.

If you do delete duplicates though, maybe keep the duplicate and sell the one you purchased to get some credits back.

Last edited:
Well you eventually end up with heaps of duplicates that are worth nothing.

Like I have half a dozen Ueno Clinic cars. What I do is basically give one a unique set of wheels, paint and put in a tune and use it for a particular task... eg. HSG 911 GT3 high speed tune or Praiano 911 GT3 circuit tune etc.

There should be absolutely no difference in duplicate cars, their performance is identical but there is some superstition. I have two GT3 Mercedes', a red one and a yellow one. The yellow car is great, fast and consistent. The red car however is bad luck, it always seems to get caught up in other peoples accidents, if something can go wrong it does.

Yellow is the easiest colour for people to see, which is why it is used for hi vis jackets. It might be that your yellow car gets noticed where the red one doesn't.

I only have 2 of one car, my favourite, the F40. I use them whenever I can in FIA and daily races and have them in different N classes.

Also when I had 3 of them I had fun in scapes, but I can't think of any other use that hasn't been mentioned.

Habitual duplicate remover to keep things tidy.

download.jpg

Either way, they've gotta go.

Is there any point to owning two or more of the same car or can I sell the ones i’ve already got.
You can’t reselect the base colour choice but you can apply any livery so it doesn’t matter?

There are some cars that have different trim details depending on the original colour (Alpine A110 new, Porsche 911 GT3RS...) so they might be worth keeping but otherwise? No.

Habitual duplicate remover to keep things tidy.

View attachment 849067

Either way, they've gotta go.
If one has two of the same cars or at the most, three, I think that's just fine. But if the number goes more than that, then that seems laughable already. However, I'm not sure about those folks who keep receiving the same prized cars after doing some races.

One's enough for me as I don't bother with liveries or tuning. The duplicates complicate my eenie meenie miney mo method of choosing which car to use too.:P

If you need more then 10 tuning settings you'll need a duplicate car. However i never needed more then 10.

Last edited:
There's no real need to keep dupes..... even scapes can use the same car (or different livery) for group shots of up to 3 (which is all you can have).

However, the reason I haven't dumped most of mine is that most of my dupes are gifts, so can't be sold, only deleted and you never know, one day PD might let us sell gift cars and I would really regret it if I'd deleted them all!

There's no real need to keep dupes..... even scapes can use the same car (or different livery) for group shots of up to 3 (which is all you can have).

However, the reason I haven't dumped most of mine is that most of my dupes are gifts, so can't be sold, only deleted and you never know, one day PD might let us sell gift cars and I would really regret it if I'd deleted them all!
I see. It's a big wonder why they won't let players sell gift/prized cars. Could it have to do something with the game not having a UCD or something like that?

Scapes and also maybe switching between a few liveries depending on situation.

I'll only keep a duplicate car if I'm able to sell the original (prior purchase), otherwise they get deleted.

I used to sell all duplicates because i wanted to easily keep track of unique cars that i have, but them i found out that kudosprime can keep track of your collection so now i use duplicates to quickly switch between liveries and setups.

Dupes are for changing up liveries. I make multiple liveries for the cars I use regularly in Sport Mode, so I keep them around for instant changes. Can't get any credits for daily dupes, so getting rid of them serves no purpose. And my wallet is maxed out most of the time anyway because I don't buy halo cars.

Back