Pokemon: Detective Pikachu (Trailer #2 Feb 26)Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 15 comments
Looks iike a goofy trainwreck, in a good way. I'll likely go see it when it hits theaters.

Wait... this is live action?!

zvXOXpZ.gif

I heard a rumour that Reynolds would voice Pikachu, but I thought the movie was going to be animated to resemble the game.

The only live-action Pokemon I want is where Danny DeVito plays Team Rocket's Meowth but doesn't dress-up at all and no-one acknowledges it.

The only.

Yeah I will definitely go see it, probably late at night though to avoid the kids in the theater that won't be quiet. :P

Already bought my ticket, late show on Friday. Figure there's less chance of it being full of kids at that time with them having been in school all day and too tired to go out. Ditto for the parents and work. :P

Just got back from the late showing. A few kids but it was pretty dead at 10pm which is what I was hoping for. (small town)

Giving it a 7/10

Overall it was actually pretty great. Lots of laughs, a few jokes only adults would get. I feel like most kids would have no idea what was going on with the story line but they would enjoy seeing all the different Pokemon. The only reason for the drop in score was the ending which I felt was a bit weird, but maybe I will enjoy it more next time around. They could have done really badly on this one and it turned out just fine. Would recommend.

Just got back from the late showing. A few kids but it was pretty dead at 10pm which is what I was hoping for. (small town)

Giving it a 7/10

Overall it was actually pretty great. Lots of laughs, a few jokes only adults would get. I feel like most kids would have no idea what was going on with the story line but they would enjoy seeing all the different Pokemon. The only reason for the drop in score was the ending which I felt was a bit weird, but maybe I will enjoy it more next time around. They could have done really badly on this one and it turned out just fine. Would recommend.
So I went to see it today and I too thought it was great. Even mum liked it, which I did not expect! Yes, it would be difficult for youngsters to follow, but for the older "kids" it's not that hard. There were a few twists which I didn't see coming AT ALL, and that really made things interesting. I don't really agree with you for the ending though - it put everything into context; explaining why Pikachu could actually talk to Tim unlike other Pokemon. You could say it was weird but it simply wouldn't make sense otherwise. I would give it an 8/10 because it was a solid, fun movie that everyone could enjoy.
But here's the thing that kinda annoyed me:
Mewtwo's voice sounded really weird and I sometimes couldn't understand what he was saying. Either that or I wasn't listening properly!

Just watched the movie this morning. It’s a pretty decent movie, even if you consider it as one for fun but not only one based on characters of a TV show. It has some twists at the right places, and as a person who very rarely comes into contact with anything Pokemon-related (I’m there just for the cute Pokemons :lol:), I found it rather enjoyable, and had no difficulty keeping up with the plot.

And it was a pleasant surprise to see that Ryan Reynolds was playing Tim’s dad. I thought he was only a voice-over. :lol:

Back