• Thread starter StarLight
  • 30 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

Polaris Slingshot All Track Vehicle!
I can only say: “It's like surfing asphalt.”

687atj.jpg

Firstly, it’s a trike, as seen from the snapshot above. It features two seats, no doors, a tiny windshield, and a total of three wheels. Unlike the popular Can-Am Spyder three-wheeler, the Slingshot sits the driver down low in the cockpit amongst what appears to be a tubular space frame, similar to cars like the KTM X-Bow. That relation is only emphasized by the track-ready roll bars in place behind the seats and the aerodynamic bodywork.

Expect the Slingshot to be fast. How fast? Most estimates put top speed at around 130 mph thanks in part to an expected light curb weight and an anticipated 2.4-liter GM Ecotec four-cylinder, chucking out between 200 and 250 hp. Watch out for speeding trikes on your local motorway, the Slingshot is expected to be USA road-legal.

Judging by stills taken from the various Slingshot trailers, the Polaris employs a double-wishbone suspension up front (pictured above) and a belt-driven swing-arm setup out back. The gearbox remains a mystery, but judging by the photo below, you’ll be doing all the shifting manually. The Polaris has two models the Slingshot and the Slingshot SL.
Have fun!

Specifications

Specs.jpg

polaris_slingshot_3.jpg

1z2lfuc.jpg

k2lesy.jpg

jzclte.jpg

OTHER TRACK CARS ARE HERE

Last edited:
I love the dedication you have trying to bring GT to another level.
If PD had 50% of the same mentality, GT would blast Forza and all other racing games away.

So, this car comes on the 27th, that means PD has 23 days to implement it......

Cheers 👍

If PD had 50% of the same mentality, GT would blast Forza and all other racing games away.

Cheers 👍

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciated.
👍

Cheers 👍

StarLight Garage should be the official PD car searcher...! :bowdown:

Again you have my vote and my Congratulations! 👍

Couldn´t have said better myself... 👍

That would be quite a radical and diferente thing to be put in the game! 👍 The front looks so radical, I like this one! :D

Last edited:
Haha, I agree. :lol: I can't believe I'm saying this, but this car is more uglier than the Nissan VGT, and I marked that car for most ugliest on my list as well. :ill:

If you only look at the pictures Tsukishima has posted then I will agree a little bit ... but seeing the car as it's now ... it's not ugly but very futuristic. When the Ford Sierra was introduced in the 80"s it was also very ugly and an unusual look, but after a while when people get used it was a gorgeous design.
And besides the looks, don't forget to look to the performance and used technology.

Like I said before, there are no ugly things in the world otherwise than less attractive.

If you only look at the pictures Tsukishima has posted then I will agree a little bit ... but seeing the car as it's now ... it's not ugly but very futuristic. When the Ford Sierra was introduced in the 80"s it was also very ugly and an unusual look, but after a while when people get used it was a gorgeous design.
And besides the looks, don't forget to look to the performance and used technology.

Like I said before, there are no ugly things in the world otherwise than less attractive.
Don't get me wrong, it's honestly a good car and could be heaps of fun to drive in. It's just it hasn't grown on me yet.

OH GOD! Where did you go to see such a large gathering of abominations?!
Woodward Dream Cruise. Google it. One of the largest car events in the world. A million+ people go and people are invited to drive whatever car down Woodward Ave for the day. I live like a mile from it so I get this pleasure every year

Woodward Dream Cruise. Google it. One of the largest car events in the world. A million+ people go and people are invited to drive whatever car down Woodward Ave for the day. I live like a mile from it so I get this pleasure every year
Oh, that is awesome! I should probably go there someday :D

Latest Posts

Back