Poll: 7 Season Career Mode - Which team will you begin with?

• Thread starter icelt
  • 44 comments

Which Team?

• Total voters
icelt
II icelt II
So assuming at the beginning of the 7 season career mode you only get to choose from the 3 bottom feeders, which one will you choose?

Based on livery alone, if I gonna be running with the back markers I at least want to look good, I'll probably go with Virgin.

Virgin Racing:
f1fansitecom181024.jpg

HRT F1:
f1fansitecom211024.jpg

Lotus Racing:

f1fansitecom201024.jpg

Last edited:
More likely lotus because I have been supporting them from the start. But if I change my mind it will be hrt because they are plucky. Don't like virgin though, they are to stuck up with there[chav voice]computer technology[/chav voice].

More likely lotus because I have been supporting them from the start. But if I change my mind it will be hrt because they are plucky. Don't like virgin though, they are to stuck up with there[chav voice]computer technology[/chav voice].

Second choice for me would definitely be Lotus. I do admit that I haven't followed this season too closely, so I really don't have much insight into the differences between the teams.

Come day, just to be fair, I'll try all three team's cars out... see what they've got. Still like the black and red color scheme best though ;)

So assuming at the beginning of the 7 season career mode you only get to choose from the 3 bottom feeders, which one will you choose?
I'm led to believe that if you run with a three- or five-year career, more teams will be available.

Well lotus is best of the new teams about 2 3rds of the time but they have stopped development now. Virgin is fastest with glock the other 3rd of the time and di grassi is mixed up with hrt who have never been fastest.

I'm led to believe that if you run with a three- or five-year career, more teams will be available.

Yeah I think I saw that somewhere too... anyway good point and I've updated the thread title to match.

Your avatar seems to give you allegiances away... maybe ;).

I voted Virgin, mainly because I like Timo Glock and they have the best livery out of the three but I'm not too fussed, hopefully I wont be staying with a bottom team for long lol.

I'll be going with HRT, because I don't want Sakon Yamamoto making the team smell like money. And because I want Colin Kolles to go home.

Gotta go for the Lotus. Looks really good and the fastest team of the backmarkers so far this season.

Earlier this year (late March) I was on an international flight from Stansted to Kuala Lumpur. I was very lucky to be on the same flight of about 50 team members from Lotus F1. I had a nice chat with a few of them during the long flight... and they were all very nice chaps (and very secretive)!

Based on that experience, I'd definitely choose Lotus as my starter team. 👍

Earlier this year (late March) I was on an international flight from Stansted to Kuala Lumpur. I was very lucky to be on the same flight of about 50 team members from Lotus F1. I had a nice chat with a few of them during the long flight... and they were all very nice chaps (and very secretive)!

Based on that experience, I'd definitely choose Lotus as my starter team. 👍

You lucky 🤬

anyway il start with lotus as its the fastest new team.

Its got to be Lotus for me too, supported them from the beginning, even before they got an entry and before the Malaysians came onboard. 👍

All of them are interesting teams though, its nice for HRT to be in as a replacement for Super Aguri. If this was a 2009 game, there wouldn't be any small underdog team really in the same sense.

In career, I'll mainly stick with Lotus. For playing World Championship modes, I'll be Chandhok or Senna though. 👍

Glad to see everyone knows the rules of f1 you have two options the team who is fastest or the team who offers the most money.:D

HRT. I have a soft spot for that team. They're like a Spanish Minardi.

Well Lotus is clearly now running away with this thing. Lots of history, classic color scheme and a UK heritage seem to be an irresistible combination to most. ;)

That's cool. Lotus... the people's choice.

Why could Codemasters make the Lotus faster? Then people would all just pick Lotus. F1:CE made the 3 bottom feeders pretty much identical. HRT FTW!!!

I gotta go with Lotus here, hands down.

Like the obvious points many others have mentioned, Lotus has the F1 racing heritage that the other teams don't. I'm sure most everyone here is aware of the numerous technologies Lotus brought to F1 racing. They originated the chassis load bearing engine block that is still in use today. That's just one of the many technological innovations Lotus brought to the world of racing. Right now, Lotus' street cars are damn fine too. I've had the pleasure of driving a particular '06 Elise in anger a number of times, and I think the brand is currently in a league of its own right now (I'm sure many others would agree).

I just find it incredible that Lotus is back in F1. I've been wishing for their return for years. Its as cool as if Porsche came back to racing in the top level prototype class at LeMans. Another team with a rich heritage of winning.

I think I'd start with Lotus, Possibly stay with them untill I score my first points/podium/win.
The next season I'd move to Williams if I got the offer & just stay there to win multiple championships :sly:
If Williams didnt offer me a seat I'd go to Sauber & wait untill Williams get in touch :D

Dude, we all want Sakon Yamamoto and Colin Kolles to go home.

Ah. I have been playing close attention this season, so I gather these 2 having causing problems out on the track. If so, I can understand why that would make the team in general quite unpopular.

Dude, we all want Sakon Yamamoto and Colin Kolles to go home.

Not sure what your problem is with those two. Its not Yamamoto's fault that Chandhok lost his seat. (I assume thats why you don't like Yamamoto)
Kolles has proven himself pretty handy at keeping very small low budget teams running in F1, even if he appears slightly ruthless.

Ah. I have been playing close attention this season, so I gather these 2 having causing problems out on the track. If so, I can understand why that would make the team in general quite unpopular.

Nope, Yamamoto is just a pay driver who has replaced another pay driver in Chandhok. He isn't a particularly brilliant driver so people don't understand why HRT bothered to hire him - the real reason is that Yamamoto is bringing money (rumoured to be $1 million per race, which is paying for the development of the 2011 car). While Chandhok is looking for a drive elsewhere, rather than wasting his sponsors money on a car he might not drive.

Colin Kolles is the team principal of HRT and has built a reputation of being slightly ruthless in his management decisions. However, he has now run MF1, Spyker, Force India and HRT and kept them running where they may otherwise have fallen bankrupt.

Personally, I would actually say Kolles is one of the few reasons why HRT even managed to start the season. If he hadn't come in to organise the team, it would never have got this far.

The fact HRT managed to even run on pace with Virgin at some points in the season and also feature the best reliability out of all of the new teams (even Sauber had worse reliability!) means they must have been doing something right. (if you don't know, the HRT was designed by Dallara but was not finished off properly due to late payments by Hispania. This is why the HRT is so badly off the pace this season, not to mention they didn't even make any testing)

In Lotus and HRT, you can clearly see the handywork of two of the best small-team managers in F1 - Gascoyne at Lotus and Kolles at HRT.

Why could Codemasters make the Lotus faster? Then people would all just pick Lotus. F1:CE made the 3 bottom feeders pretty much identical. HRT FTW!!!

No they were not. Try running a lap or two with Super Aguri and then Toro Rosso in F1:CE. There is a performance difference. Thats why the test to get into Toro Rosso tended to be more difficult than the other two in Career mode.

Codemasters will make Lotus the fastest new team for the same reason they won't make Sauber the fastest team overall - to keep it realistic. I don't think they will make it ultra-realistic, where Virgin is faster later on, etc but they won't make the teams equal.

You can generally say they will base performance according to the Constructors positions with a little bit of tweaking for specific charateristics such as the Red Bull being fastest on ultimate pace but perhaps not the most reliable for drivers or machinery, the Mercedes tending to be more understeer-prone, etc. It depends how realistic they have made the game, at the very least they should have made Red Bull faster than McLaren and Ferrari who are about equal in speed terms.

Last edited:
Back