Poll: 7 Season Career Mode - Which team will you begin with?

• Thread starter icelt
  • 44 comments

Which Team?

• Total voters
@Ardius - thanks for the insights.

Wow, Virgin getting roundly trounced on all sides now. Glad I backed the winner on this one ;).

I guess I will choose the Virgin, I kind of have a soft spot for that team. Actually can't wait to get going with a full season, it has been a long time since I've played a full season.

I think I'd start with Lotus, Possibly stay with them untill I score my first points/podium/win.
The next season I'd move to Williams if I got the offer & just stay there to win multiple championships :sly:
If Williams didnt offer me a seat I'd go to Sauber & wait untill Williams get in touch :D

I'm starting to change my mind, I kinda dont want to take Heikki or Jarno's place.
Virgin would be a bigger challege & gets Di Grassi off the grid.
I also like the look of the car more. Its also a owned by brits ;) Not Malaysians :P
After Virgin I think I'll move to Sauber the first chance I get & have Koba as my team mate.
Sod De La Rosa :P

I'm curious as to how the teams are going to be arranged within career mode. We already know that Lotus, Virgin and Hispania will be the first tier of teams, but I'm wondering how the other nine will stack up. It'll probably be something like this:

Tier 1 - Virgin, Lotus, Hispania
Tier 2 - Toro Rosso, Sauber, Force India/Williams
Tier 3 - Renault, Mercedes, Force India/Williams
Tier 4 - McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari

Force India and Williams seem interchangeable. The cars were apparently finalised at the Spanish Grand Prix, when Williams was stuggling, but they've since come good. And with the in-game upgrades system, I suppose cars can move up and down the pecking order.

Virgin definitely :D I love the colour scheme, I think Richard Branson is awesome, I don't really think Di Grassi is good enough, and i'm not a fan of Glock, so to take one out of the equation and beat the other is fine by me :)
Plus, lots of people tend to go for Lotus, i'd rather be the minority :)

Nice to see another convert... and yeah were are significantly in the minority ;).

2010_virgin_racing_image3_motoroids.jpg

One nice looking ride... save for the green option tire markings :yuck:.

Also on virgin
Have it on PC. Maxed out graphs. Got it today
Carrier not yet started.
Did about 25 laps on barain in rain in TT. (the graphs in rain are astunishing)
Love it.
A bit easy to drive normally, but getting threshold and perfect brake points is tough

I don't know f-all about F1, but I sure like Lotus green which is what I chose when I started my 5 year career last night! GT is more my thing.
FWIW, I did sit on pit row at Singapore circuit on Saturday night last year. Loved it.
This game is awesome.
-Christopher
aka KaffeineKeiser

I went with Virgin in the end, qualified 13th in Bahrain, but took a 5 spot grid penalty for shunting Kubica in practice.

Finished the race in 10th and managed to get some points! Even though I had a diastrous pit stop and overshot so they had to roll me back... I need to get the hang of those things!

Back