[POLL] Bernie Ecclestone Trial

• Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 64 comments

What do you think will happen to Bernie Ecclestone?

• He'll be found innocent

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Guilty - Big fine

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Guilty - Suspended sentence

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Guilty - Jail time

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, the system works in such a way that the settlement is relative to the accused's ability to pay. Bernie might have settled for $100,000,000, but you or I might only have to settle for $10,000.

Im afraid I cant agree with you on that one.. because even if I went to trial I wouldnt pay anything because I did do anything wrong or agaisnt the law.... I would fight it to the end...

Im afraid I cant agree with you on that one.. because even if I went to trial I wouldnt pay anything because I did do anything wrong or agaisnt the law.... I would fight it to the end...
Yes, but you're not an 83 year-old dwarf.

I hope that their is no Jury Duty in europe.

As going by the responses of some who just say guilty without looking at the evidence is a prosecutors wet dream

Problem is, trials aren't always that simple, and you do pay one way or the other. Sure, if you are utterly convinced the case is BS and you have the energy and money to spend on your defense and are willing to risk losing the case at the end of said expended energy and money, by all means fight it to the end and maybe even counter-sue to recover your legal costs if you win. Berne has a lot more money than time, so...

From this week's Private Eye;

ecclestone_bribery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back