POLL: Best Metallica AlbumMusic 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 47 comments

Best Metallica studio album

• Total voters
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/metallica-bassist-cliff-burton-dies-in-a-bus-accident/

Screenshot_2016-09-27-06-33-26~2.jpg

It is now 6:49am local time in Sweden.

Precisely 30 years have passed since that tragic event where Cliff Burton was killed. He would have been 54 years old this year had he lived.

:(

We need a more extreme sad emoji. This one just doesn't cut it for this.

I wasn't even close to being around during his time, but after listening to his playing and watching him from past video, the guy was simply one of the great, sadly gone way too soon.

Cliff 'Em All

Two days before they drop Hardwired...to Self-Destruct on us. The album's been added to the poll.

I read that the full album has already leaked but I've only listened to the three official teaser songs.
Atlas, Rise is probably my least favorite of the three but it does have a nice solo.
The title track (Hardwired) reminds me of The Judas Kiss.

I feel like Hardwired will be to Death Magnetic what Mob Rules was to Heaven and Hell.
A similar follow-up album using the same structure and ideas as on the one before it.
Like it was with Load and Re-Load.

I was digging through my old stuff and found some Metallica merch I bought a long time ago.
This book / CD contains an audio interview with Kirk and James right after Cliff Burton had been killed
in that tragic bus accident and the book focuses mainly on their first four or five albums.
metallica stuff.png

And this vinyl box which is one of only 500 copies.
metallica stuff 2.png

metallica stuff 3.png

Anyone got hold of their copy of Hardwired?

Yes sir!! Listening for the first time as I post this. I'm in "Lords of Summer" right now. So far I am enjoying this album. I dare to say it is so far the best MetallicA has ever done. I don't know... I have a soft spot for Load and ReLoad, and this sounds a lot like it with a bit of Black Album and the older stuff blended in. It's just... PERFECT!

Totally worth the 10 year wait :D

Really hard for me to pick this one, I went "and justice for all", but "Ride the Lightning" and "Kill 'Em All" are right there with it.

Anything after the Black album is :censored:ing junk, just my opinion. I saw them right after Load. Pretty good show.

...Just went through the first twelve songs off of it. Immensely digging those tunes. It's more consistent then I expected. Plus, I'm not hearing (besides the title track, Hardwired) any radio-friendly pop nonsense, which is sort of a good news.

However, gotta say, I'm slightly disappointed toward the back end of the album, more specifically the last 14 tracks - other than the live rehashes, the first four songs I already own on various compilation albums so that's a bit of a waste.

Also, can not believe it took them 8 freaking years to write and release this album. As rocking as it is, just can't see why it took them so long. I guess, they toured way too much. Probably.

Kill 'Em All was the best Metallica album. And imo those songs were better when Dave Mustaine was playing them with Metallica.

I dare to say it is so far the best MetallicA has ever done.
I think it's the sum of its parts. In a way, everything from Master of Puppets to Garage, Inc. and even Lulu influenced it.

I have to wonder if Kirk Hammett losing his phone - and all his riff ideas with it - was the best thing to happen to this album. As I understand it, the band tend to write lyrics and music separately, and so sometimes the guitar solos feel like they've been dropped in for the sake of it, but here they had to write them together.

I placed an order for the deluxe edition but it still hasn't arrived yet.

Also, can not believe it took them 8 freaking years to write and release this album. As rocking as it is, just can't see why it took them so long.
At least it didn't take 11 years and 15 different studios like Chinese Democracy. ; )

Kill 'Em All was the best Metallica album. And imo those songs were better when Dave Mustaine was playing them with Metallica.
metallica+fake2.png

...Hell, that's even deeper.

I love Hetfield rocking the Misfits shirt. :) I used to have a limited edition numbered Garage Days Cd(which I stupidly sold). That album where they cover the Misfits (Green Hell, Last Caress), is what Introduced me to them(the Misfits):cheers:

I couldn't make up my mind, but I listened to a part of Ride the Lightening. Fade to Black and For Whom the Bell Tolls definitely throw that one to best for me. Also, I'm a fan of the S&M album and Kill 'Em All...or actually all of them through Reload/S&M.

I don't like St Anger, and the two newer albums are just okay.

I don't like St Anger,

...I also originally didn't much care for St. Anger. But now that I'm a bit older, it turns out I can appreciate the artistic risk Metallica took with that album. It might not have any Kirk Hammet solos, but hell, some of the riffs in that album is top notch.

I'll say this much though - it's a lot better than the atrocity that is Lulu....

...I also originally didn't much care for St. Anger. But now that I'm a bit older, it turns out I can appreciate the artistic risk Metallica took with that album. It might not have any Kirk Hammet solos, but hell, some of the riffs in that album is top notch.

I'll say this much though - it's a lot better than the atrocity that is Lulu....
St.Anger didn't sit well with me to begin with either. Being so different from what they'd released in the past, I was a bit :odd:
Then, after seeing the documentary 'Some Kind of Monster', I understood where it all came from.

Latest Posts

Back