Votes: 1 1.7%
  • GT 1

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

vcx

Turkey
Turkey
VCX35
As we know that lots of GT fans like to play offline Gran Turismo series and especially career part is the most favorite part. Here is a poll and vote which Gran Turismo game's career is the best for you.

GT4 had the most events but GT3 had the best structure IMO, there wasn’t just an FF cars series, there were 3 for FF cars of varying power levels.

GT4 still represents the pinnacle of the series through volume, but it could have been even better if it had multiple events of the same type for cars of varying power levels.

Last edited:
GT3 had the best structure iirc but I definitely don’t miss playing GT on a PS2 against 5 other ai. There are a lot of things in GT7 single player that I like but using the same format all the time just kills it.

Last edited:
GT1 had the best 'feel' and themes in the game (I guess by a nostalgia point of view?) (Pal version of the game)
GT2 had more and better events with power limits, again better structure and layout to the race and championship menus
GT3 was still great for layout but I can't remember much about it.
GT4 was great again and had the 'tuner's' championship which included qualifying and prize money at the end for being champion, lots of replayability in that alone which should be the benchmark for games after.
GT5 Nothing rememberable either good or bad
GT6 Nothing rememberable like above.
GT7 May as well have called it GT:Café?

So for campaign wise, they needed to have the feel and theme of the first, the layout and content of 2 and 4 with the music choices of 3. I mentioned it in another thread that if the career mode for 7 actually got changed to be like the first 4, then they would have a better game overall. (people wouldn't drop it like a bad habit and more people playing the career leaks more players online for Sport)

For the life of me, I can't remember GT1 & 2, barely touched 3 and completely missed 4. I did enjoy GT5's career mode, though. I couldn't get enough of the 4 hour of Nords race and for pure hangover fodder, the B Spec campaign killed a lot of hours.

Only 3 votes for it as of right now though. My guess is Nathan, Magog and maybe Kaz.
Perhaps, but who knows, I'm surprised GT3 isn't getting more love. It didn't have the sheer volume of events GT4 had, but I loved its structure. GT4 was the better game overall, which is probably why it's getting as many votes as it is.

Personally I think it'd have been even better if they used GT3's structure and just ramped up the number of events and added in the missions etc.

I guess it depends how you define "best career" too, most races and it has to be GT4. Most balanced economy and I struggle to see past GT4 either. But focusing on the structure of the events and progression and it's far less cut and dry for me.

GT7's is amongst the worst structure in the series though, it has a far worse structure than GT1 even. More races, sure, but a terrible structure. It has a terrible in game economy as well and even though it was more races than GT1, that's the only numbered GT game it has more than. For all the potential GT7 has, it's ended us as just a big disappointment IMO.

Last edited:
My introduction to GT was GT5 starting with Prologue. I was a PC gamer for much of the previous 30 years before switching to console for my gaming needs with a PS3.

.....so. I don't think I'm qualified to make a choice given I didn't play any of the previous GT's until GT5 although I wasn't new to simulators having played others on PC. However, I will say that GT5 was likely the better of the latest titles in that regard but that's not dismissing the advances in the future iterations.

Unfortunately though, it's a step forward in some ways but then a step back in others when talking about GT6, Sport and GT7. Actually, I skipped GT Sport all together initially because of their focus on Online. ....but then they updated the game as years passed and included a single-player element. In fact, I think the SP in Sport was better laid out than GT7's. ....and I am not a fan of the Menu Books.

Honesty, I wish they would simply create a proper career mode where I could work my way up through the ranks in various classes, seasons, an event calendar, etc. Maybe an economy to help purchase / build / repair my car(s), etc. Perhaps radio chatter from the crew chief notifying me of yellow flags, opponent positions, pit advice and so on. There was a game I remember playing that had that which escapes me. I always though it was kinda of cool.

In either case, there is a a lot I like about GT7 compared to previous titles and aspects I don't. The campaign is one of the ones I don't particularly care for and even more so, the custom race mode given that the payouts are unfairly low, there is no save feature for ones you create and so on.

My wish is that they at least come through on improving Custom because at lest I can create my own experiences like a mixed field of GT cars and so on.

Last edited:
Back