• Thread starter 88deathguy
  • 81 comments

Complex String, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 128 92.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Total voters
Just because you don't like a track doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the next installment! I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion however.

I mean I don't like all of the tracks in GT5 (Cape Ring & tSUKuba 👎 👎 👎) But it doesn't mean they don't have a place in the game.

Cape Ring I can see, but Tsukuba is a real circuit.
Anyway, Complex String was one of those tracks that I hated just because my Ford Focus Rally Car couldn't go around it in less than a minute.:dunce:

Just because you don't like a track doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the next installment! I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion however.

I mean I don't like all of the tracks in GT5 (Cape Ring & tSUKuba 👎 👎 👎) But it doesn't mean they don't have a place in the game.

I'm confused, the OP asked if we wanted Complex String in GT6, I said no because I didn't like it. What's wrong with that? I agree removing tracks already in GT5 and HD is a bit silly but if you're going to ask me which tracks I want them to give a HD makeover for GT6+ Complex String would not be a choice.

If Complex String may make a return imagine the tracks that could return like grindlewald, mid field , and red rock

CS and the Ring are pretty different. I'd say that CS is the better test track, especially since it's shorter. For transitions, it certainly is a better track than the Ring.

CS was smooth, and mostly flat, you don't need to account much for being thrown around the track and you can run your car lower and stiffer. The snake turns are pretty unique, nothing on the Nurburgring is like them. You really need to balance the car out for every speed range while the Ring leans more toward to high speed.

I think CS definitely has a place in GT6. I don't know how much I'd use it for racing, but for testing it has lots of potential.

Complex String has always been a testing track to me than any proper racing track. It would be brutal as a proper track. I'd certainly welcome Complex String as a testing facility. Perhaps would be great to race individual parts of the track to test different elements to gauge your car's performance. I am no fanatic of the course, but I say "yay."

The 'Ring isn't really a suitable replacement TBH, we need both in GT6.

Complex String was known for its consistent and repetitive sequences of corners, great for teaching rhythm and smoothness. My favourite part of it was the alpine handling section with the up and down esses. Was a hard TT to gold in GT3 with the Ruf RGT.

Grand Prix
The 'Ring isn't really a suitable replacement TBH, we need both in GT6.

Complex String was known for its consistent and repetitive sequences of corners, great for teaching rhythm and smoothness. My favourite part of it was the alpine handling section with the up and down esses. Was a hard TT to gold in GT3 with the Ruf RGT.

Tbh I never really started career mode until GT5 (I was 8 when I got GT3) but I can imagine complex string being a good track.

gamerdog6482
It was fun for a while in GT3, but when I finished GT4 and booted up GT3 again, I realized that I hadn't missed it. I actually didn't even remember it until I saw this thread after that.

To be honest it wasn't the most memorable track, but I could see this becoming a favourite with drifters.

To be honest it wasn't the most memorable track, but I could see this becoming a favourite with drifters.

Well, I'm not a drifter in any way. Although, there are some cool turns in the track, like that turn they stole from Suzuka.

gamerdog6482
Well, I'm not a drifter in any way. Although, there are some cool turns in the track, like that turn they stole from Suzuka.

Neither am I, but it has so many types of turns.

yeah, it's on my personal track wishlist for GT6 actually right now. It was very long and technical, I liked racing on it in Time Trials.

PD technically already has the model for that track. I don't see why not. Plus, it was probably the best test track available in any GT. What better to have every type of turn available in one circuit.

The closest thing we have is Cape Ring due to its strange twists and turns, but honestly, it's not as fun and as accurate as Complex String. Cape Ring is only good with its Periphery version.

Back