• 81 comments

Complex String, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 128 92.1%
  • Nay

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Total voters
Afrodeezy
Just because you don't like a track doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the next installment! I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion however.

I mean I don't like all of the tracks in GT5 (Cape Ring & tSUKuba 👎 👎 👎) But it doesn't mean they don't have a place in the game.

Puts up a mirror: Just because you like it, it should be included?

To be honest, i think every track that has been in GT should've been in GT5. $ONY should not have charged us for Motegi, it wasn't "new". Hopefully sales were low enough for them to realize not all of us are taking the DLC "bait". I'm curious what the sales percentage is of that DLC vs GT5 discs sold.

I picked "take it or leave it".

Last edited:
Sony should not have charged us for Motegi, it wasn't "new".

PD was not allowed to include TRM in the original game, they didn't have the license! Next time you accuse Sony of doing something that Sony had no part in, and that PD was forced to do, do your research.

Puts up a mirror: Just because you like it, it should be included?

To be honest, i think every track that has been in GT should've been in GT5. $ONY should not have charged us for Motegi, it wasn't "new". Hopefully sales were low enough for them to realize not all of us are taking the DLC "bait". I'm curious what the sales percentage is of that DLC vs GT5 discs sold.

I picked "take it or leave it".

That's not a real fair way of statistics. Not everyone has internet or has the money to get the DLC.

gamerdog6482
PD was not allowed to include TRM in the original game, they didn't have the license! Next time you accuse Sony of doing something that Sony had no part in, and that PD was forced to do, do your research.

Uh no.

Where is this statement from Kaz and or SONY that PD was "forced" to add Motegi to GT5 as paid DLC (ironically around the same time iRacing added it to their track list)?

The first batch of DLC had over a million in sales. Why have we not seen the numbers for Motegi then? It's pretty easy for PD to keep track of the PS3's downloading updates from their servers.

Last edited:
Ah, Complex String, brings me back two car memories - the RGT, and the Formula cars (F094/S, etc). I loved the slalom and the undulating esses, really fun. Very challenging and technical (albeit textbook, with some repetition), and one of the few tracks that actually have corner complexes instead of just individual corners with an obvious racing line. Not really a comparison to the vast complexity of the Nordschleife but I'd love to have it in GT6.

I say Yay, but it could be changed a little bit with more elevation changes with added/changed corners and sections to simulate a wider range of corners and roads. Also they should add a big concrete square where you can do gymkhana and donuts as well as drag races.

I don't see the problem with adding more test tracks. For this reason, I voted yes. It gives the tuners a place to test a car using every corner imaginable and it gives drifters a nice little playground.

Making up supposed facts AGAIN? Please stop it unless you can prove what you're saying is true.

I would absolutely LOVE to have this track in GT6. It was one of the best in GT3. However, it hasn't been in the last two GT games, so I highly doubt that it will actually be put into the game.

I really liked Complex String in GT3. It was a good way to set up cars and actually pretty fun to drive on by itself (especially the elevation change S-curve portion, which was fantastic fun to drive with MR and RR cars). I'd welcome its return, though honestly I would like to have to option to have races on it. Give it some real scenery and some weather and I think that would fit in quite well.

Shoe67
It was one of the best in GT3.

On a site note:
Strange actually. GT3 had a low number of tracks but it still, even to this day, keeps me more entertained than GT4. Heck I just might make a poll of which classic tracks we would like in GT6 :)

I'll admit it was a fun track to drive on (especially the split-screen races I did way back), plus it was useful when it came to testing. But it wasn't really an all-time favourite of mine and I have my doubts about it ever being included in GT6, but it would be a cool addition regardless.

Yes because it's a challenging track and I remember trying to complete the time trial in the RUF.

My fondest memory of the track is the final two IA licenses in GT3. Took me, when I was about 9 years old, about a weeks time to successfully pass it, just.

So yes, I would love it to return. :)

Back