(Poll)Despite the lack of a ordinary campaign mode, will you still be getting Gran Turismo Sport?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by furryboy96, Jul 30, 2017.

?

Despite the lack of a ordinary campaign mode, will you still be getting Gran Turismo Sport?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2017.
  1. Yes

130 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. I don't know

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Agreed. I hope in arcade mode it is tied to the AI difficulty and the length of the race.

fikridroid likes this.
  2. TheGTGuy

TheGTGuy

Fair enough.

3. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

The 2 lap race posted on IGN Japan showed more than 10.000C for a 2 lap Gr.3 race if I remember correctly.

furryboy96 and fikridroid like this.
  4. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Agreed but that wasn't my queston. Anyone thinking there is going to be an extensive campaign like in other games is fantasizing at best. You said it won't have a campaign because it's an eSports title so I asked why that is the case, inferring because one, not the other.

5. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

That's not bad at all.

fikridroid likes this.
  6. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

So just doing a little math off the top of my head, if you can get 10 of these done in an hour including loading time etc, and a typical group 3 car is $500,000, that means for every five hours invested you get one group 3 car.

fikridroid likes this.
  7. desmodan

desmodan

At this point I'm still not sure. Been with GT since , well since GT . But kinda getting tired of 42 identical mx5's and 162 gtr's . Plus if they're now reducing the offline content , maybe it's time to defect to the dark side ?

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  8. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Here you can see that, for a 3 lap around Tokyo Ex. he got over 1.000.000 Cr.

GTS Cr.png

Edit: read somewhere that the japanese edition of the game uses higher Cr. numbers comparing to western versions of the game. No sure if the video source is from a JP edition or not. over 1 million Cr. for 3 laps is a lot.

Edit 2: at this point there's probably 1 version of the game... so I don't know. Display bug? ^^ Speculation FTW

9. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

That seems...out of control :lol:

10. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

^ can be a display bug :D who knows

11. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

He's at level 2 with 1 billion credits lol.

Sick Lenny likes this.
  12. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Maybe a QA tester... who drives really bad. :D It's weird.

ImaRobot likes this.
  13. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

Your first edit is definitely the reason. Also, the video was taken at an event in Hong Kong I believe, and a lot of Asian currencies have higher numbers compared to their equivalents in Europe and America, so that's probably more like 10,000 credits.

zzz_pt likes this.
  14. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

That doesn't make sense though. They're using their own currancy, It's credits, not any specific type of real world money.

JulesDennis likes this.
  15. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

It's always been that way in previous GT's. The American and European versions of the game have had their currencies modeled off of dollars/euros/pounds/etc and the Asian versions of the game have their currency modeled off of yen and whatever the other forms they use in Asia.

1241Penguin likes this.
  16. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Today I learned.

That sounds really odd lol.

Although, didn't we already see payouts from Japanese events that barely yielded in the thousands?

GTRacer22 likes this.
  17. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

Yep, it's a bit jarring but I guess it makes it more familiar to players when they localize it.

GTRacer22 likes this.
  18. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Pretty simple answer for me: No fleshed out campaign/career = no buy.

19. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it is based on Japanese Yen.

marcvic and GTRacer22 like this.
  20. CSLACR

CSLACR

Yes.
    But then we have to listen to random people on GTP claim that it's not supposed to, or doesn't represent real life currency when somebody points out $500 oil changes.(every single game it seems to come up)
    It's actually pretty entertaining.

A. You seriously underestimate the amount of non-youth on GTP

B. If you experienced as many people quitting races just because they weren't doing as well as they hoped, that I have, you might be jaded too.

From parking, to parking in the pits, just quitting, or, my favorite, pretending to disconnect. I would estimate around 50-60% of people actually finished races(including people doing well) if you change that to people doing poorly, the % skyrockets.
    I'm not even counting the million times people would come up with a "real life" excuse, conveniently after being disgruntled that their pace wasn't putting them on the starting grid where they wanted to be.

Quite frankly it was pathetic, and ultimately lead to me giving up on quality online racing.

And that was the GT crowd, which people tell me is "very good compared to other games".

At least AI doesn't punk out and quit.

My god this website is horrible for phones in 2017. It's actually kind of spectacular.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  21. CSLACR

CSLACR

Double

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  22. TheGTGuy

TheGTGuy

I guess because PD don't deem it necessary as the game is mostly online focused and maybe the fact it's not a traditional GT game, that's my 2 cents but it doesn't bother me one way or another as I'm really looking forward to GTSports.

23. trustjab

trustjab

If that's 'Yen', a billion yen is worth around 9 million dollars. That 1,060,000 would be around 9,600 credits for us in America.

sems4arsenal and fikridroid like this.
  24. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Take a gooood long look at his profile picture and you may get a slight glimps of what he meant. ;)

[​IMG]MCLAREN P1

25. fikridroid

fikridroid

Somewhat perplexing to me about the exclusion of a proper offline career mode, but if the payout was reasonable enough in the campaign and arcade mode then I'm okay since it reminisced the progression in GTPSP
    And yet I didn't know what 'custom race' menu are actually doing, could it be the rumored event creator feature?

26. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

The more I think about this feature, the more I get confused. You can essentially pick AI difficulty, car, track, TOD, weather in Arcade. So in the custom races, one would assume you should be able to control more parameters. So hopefully you can simulate a race weekend (practice, Quali, race) and perhaps pick multi class or spec racing. What else is there to choose?

fikridroid likes this.
  27. VBR

VBR Premium

While I always hated the grind of career mode, & avoided it as much as humanly possbile, there are a lot of people who did like it & was the main attraction for them. I think it is a mistake to take it out of the game, but then again they seem to take lots of features out between games, just didn't think it would be one as big as this.

fikridroid likes this.
  28. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Nothing. Did you watch any of the arcade mode races in the original USA beta? I saw players starting 12th and being in the lead by the GP extension start. (Turn 4) at Brands Hatch. Against pro AI.

When I tried to simulate that in Assetto Corso on Very Easy it took the 2nd lap before I could take the lead.

That's more than a small thing to fix.

sems4arsenal likes this.
  29. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

Well, that was the beta. Looking at these other builds leads me to think that the A.I has improved a good bit.

marcvic likes this.
  30. mokalovesoulmat

mokalovesoulmat

Answering the thread's question: It is a yes for me. It gives me a chance to reset my knowledge/learn everything from beginning. This is a game targeted for gamer to racer thing, so I am in. I am not even sure with my current skills I could be placed somewhere in GT Sport, but who knows. I am so fired up for a new competition. If it goes well, then its good! If it goes not well, nothing to lose!

So yeah, you like motorsport? Want to living the Kaz' word about driving for the next 100 years of motorsport?

Or, is GTS is just a video game? You think that 100 years stuff is only marketing stuff? It is up to you.

PD and FIA facilitated us. Lets make use of it and join the competition together.

fikridroid likes this.