(Poll)Despite the lack of a ordinary campaign mode, will you still be getting Gran Turismo Sport?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 89 comments

Despite the lack of a ordinary campaign mode, will you still be getting Gran Turismo Sport?

• Yes

Votes: 130 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 22 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw 1900 Cr. for one of the tests. Seems a bit of a pittance if cars cost the same as they cost in previous games or close to their real life cost.

Agreed. I hope in arcade mode it is tied to the AI difficulty and the length of the race.

The fact that they stated it doesn't make it any more or less puzzling. People are past expectation, it was out the window when info about the Campaign mode was finally released. Now it's more into the disappointed phase for some. Regardless, just because it was stated doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned.
Fair enough.

PD never mentioned once to my knowledge that GTS would have a traditional GT campaign, they said campaign in Sports would be made up of race etiquette, learning how to race etc in preparation for online, so why did people expect a Traditional campaign when it was plainly stated there wouldn't be one. GT5 and GT6 campaign weren't particularly great and PD were slated for it so they've changed there approach for this game and are trying something new. How it works out remains to be seen and maybe if enough people complain they'll add a campaign who knows. Personally I was never led by PD to believe there would be a traditional campaign and I'm fine with that.
Agreed but that wasn't my queston. Anyone thinking there is going to be an extensive campaign like in other games is fantasizing at best. You said it won't have a campaign because it's an eSports title so I asked why that is the case, inferring because one, not the other.

The 2 lap race posted on IGN Japan showed more than 10.000C for a 2 lap Gr.3 race if I remember correctly.
So just doing a little math off the top of my head, if you can get 10 of these done in an hour including loading time etc, and a typical group 3 car is $500,000, that means for every five hours invested you get one group 3 car.

At this point I'm still not sure. Been with GT since , well since GT . But kinda getting tired of 42 identical mx5's and 162 gtr's . Plus if they're now reducing the offline content , maybe it's time to defect to the dark side ?

The 2 lap race posted on IGN Japan showed more than 10.000C for a 2 lap Gr.3 race if I remember correctly.

That's not bad at all.

So just doing a little math off the top of my head, if you can get 10 of these done in an hour including loading time etc, and a typical group 3 car is $500,000, that means for every five hours invested you get one group 3 car.

Here you can see that, for a 3 lap around Tokyo Ex. he got over 1.000.000 Cr.

GTS Cr.png

Edit: read somewhere that the japanese edition of the game uses higher Cr. numbers comparing to western versions of the game. No sure if the video source is from a JP edition or not. over 1 million Cr. for 3 laps is a lot.

Edit 2: at this point there's probably 1 version of the game... so I don't know. Display bug? ^^ Speculation FTW

View attachment 664187

Edit: read somewhere that the japanese edition of the game uses higher Cr. numbers comparing to western versions of the game. No sure if the video source is from a JP edition or not. over 1 million Cr. for 3 laps is a lot.

Edit 2: at this point there's probably 1 version of the game... so I don't know. Display bug? ^^ Speculation FTW
Your first edit is definitely the reason. Also, the video was taken at an event in Hong Kong I believe, and a lot of Asian currencies have higher numbers compared to their equivalents in Europe and America, so that's probably more like 10,000 credits.

Your first edit is definitely the reason. Also, the video was taken at an event in Hong Kong I believe, and a lot of Asian currencies have higher numbers compared to their equivalents in Europe and America, so that's probably more like 10,000 credits.
That doesn't make sense though. They're using their own currancy, It's credits, not any specific type of real world money.

That doesn't make sense though. They're using their own currancy, It's credits, not any specific type of real world money.
It's always been that way in previous GT's. The American and European versions of the game have had their currencies modeled off of dollars/euros/pounds/etc and the Asian versions of the game have their currency modeled off of yen and whatever the other forms they use in Asia.

It's always been that way in previous GT's. The American and European versions of the game have had their currencies modeled off of dollars/euros/pounds/etc and the Asian versions of the game have their currency modeled off of yen and whatever the other forms they use in Asia.
Today I learned.

That sounds really odd lol.

Although, didn't we already see payouts from Japanese events that barely yielded in the thousands?

Yep, it's a bit jarring but I guess it makes it more familiar to players when they localize it.

Pretty simple answer for me: No fleshed out campaign/career = no buy.

View attachment 664187

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it is based on Japanese Yen.

Yes.
But then we have to listen to random people on GTP claim that it's not supposed to, or doesn't represent real life currency when somebody points out $500 oil changes.(every single game it seems to come up)
It's actually pretty entertaining.

Nice dig at the youth there. And on a video game forum of all places... :rolleyes:

A. You seriously underestimate the amount of non-youth on GTP

B. If you experienced as many people quitting races just because they weren't doing as well as they hoped, that I have, you might be jaded too.

From parking, to parking in the pits, just quitting, or, my favorite, pretending to disconnect. I would estimate around 50-60% of people actually finished races(including people doing well) if you change that to people doing poorly, the % skyrockets.
I'm not even counting the million times people would come up with a "real life" excuse, conveniently after being disgruntled that their pace wasn't putting them on the starting grid where they wanted to be.

Quite frankly it was pathetic, and ultimately lead to me giving up on quality online racing.

And that was the GT crowd, which people tell me is "very good compared to other games".

At least AI doesn't punk out and quit.

My god this website is horrible for phones in 2017. It's actually kind of spectacular.

Last edited:
Agreed but that wasn't my queston. Anyone thinking there is going to be an extensive campaign like in other games is fantasizing at best. You said it won't have a campaign because it's an eSports title so I asked why that is the case, inferring because one, not the other.
I guess because PD don't deem it necessary as the game is mostly online focused and maybe the fact it's not a traditional GT game, that's my 2 cents but it doesn't bother me one way or another as I'm really looking forward to GTSports.

Somewhat perplexing to me about the exclusion of a proper offline career mode, but if the payout was reasonable enough in the campaign and arcade mode then I'm okay since it reminisced the progression in GTPSP
And yet I didn't know what 'custom race' menu are actually doing, could it be the rumored event creator feature?

Somewhat perplexing to me about the exclusion of a proper offline career mode, but if the payout was reasonable enough in the campaign and arcade mode then I'm okay since it reminisced the progression in GTPSP
And yet I didn't know what 'custom race' menu are actually doing, could it be the rumored event creator feature?

The more I think about this feature, the more I get confused. You can essentially pick AI difficulty, car, track, TOD, weather in Arcade. So in the custom races, one would assume you should be able to control more parameters. So hopefully you can simulate a race weekend (practice, Quali, race) and perhaps pick multi class or spec racing. What else is there to choose?

While I always hated the grind of career mode, & avoided it as much as humanly possbile, there are a lot of people who did like it & was the main attraction for them. I think it is a mistake to take it out of the game, but then again they seem to take lots of features out between games, just didn't think it would be one as big as this.

The more I think about this feature, the more I get confused. You can essentially pick AI difficulty, car, track, TOD, weather in Arcade. So in the custom races, one would assume you should be able to control more parameters. So hopefully you can simulate a race weekend (practice, Quali, race) and perhaps pick multi class or spec racing. What else is there to choose?
Nothing. Did you watch any of the arcade mode races in the original USA beta? I saw players starting 12th and being in the lead by the GP extension start. (Turn 4) at Brands Hatch. Against pro AI.

When I tried to simulate that in Assetto Corso on Very Easy it took the 2nd lap before I could take the lead.

That's more than a small thing to fix.

Nothing. Did you watch any of the arcade mode races in the original USA beta? I saw players starting 12th and being in the lead by the GP extension start. (Turn 4) at Brands Hatch. Against pro AI.

When I tried to simulate that in Assetto Corso on Very Easy it took the 2nd lap before I could take the lead.

That's more than a small thing to fix.
Well, that was the beta. Looking at these other builds leads me to think that the A.I has improved a good bit.

Answering the thread's question: It is a yes for me. It gives me a chance to reset my knowledge/learn everything from beginning. This is a game targeted for gamer to racer thing, so I am in. I am not even sure with my current skills I could be placed somewhere in GT Sport, but who knows. I am so fired up for a new competition. If it goes well, then its good! If it goes not well, nothing to lose!

So yeah, you like motorsport? Want to living the Kaz' word about driving for the next 100 years of motorsport?

Or, is GTS is just a video game? You think that 100 years stuff is only marketing stuff? It is up to you.

PD and FIA facilitated us. Lets make use of it and join the competition together.

Back