(Poll)Despite the lack of a ordinary campaign mode, will you still be getting Gran Turismo Sport?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 89 comments

Despite the lack of a ordinary campaign mode, will you still be getting Gran Turismo Sport?

• Yes

Votes: 130 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 22 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
bloodykills750
Even though the game doesn't have proper racing in campaign, I will still most likely get this game. TBH, I didn't even complete all of the campaign in GT6, I just spent most of my time online so I'll pretty much do the same thing in Gran Turismo Sport. Who knows? Maybe later on, they will add some proper campaign racing. What about you guys?

Perhaps traditional A-Spec races will be replaced with Seasonal Events?

I voted "I don't know" as I'm unsure if this will be the case. That would be a big factor on whether I end up getting the game, current single player seems a bit sparse at the moment.

I like what I see so far, so its a purchase for me.

*I do think think it's a little early to conclude that there won't be offline race series.

There are a huge number of things I dislike about GTS and I think it'll comfortably come behind both PC2 and FM7 in terms of my favourite racing game this year but I have the Collectors Edition ordered and I wont be cancelling that pre order.

*I do think think it's a little early to conclude that there won't be offline race series.

A little early? How many times do PD have to tell us what Campaign Mode is before people give up hope of something more? It hasn't changed since the announcement, only the number of events.

Quotes from the recent videos showing it off

"GT has historically always had lengthy single player, we call this one campaign mode. In past games we'd call it career mode or simulation mode"
"The whole purpose of this mode is to educate you through the game"
"There's like 150 drills overall in this mode"
"They're nice and short like mini-games."

Driving School

"You learn the fundamentals of driving a car with basic tests"
"You learn how to drive a car"

Mission Challenge

"You continue learning how to drive with a variety of challenges"
"Puts you into situations that might happen in a race"
"The game gives you a mission to go after"

Circuit Experience

"Circuit experience is basically learning techniques to conquer each track"
"They break up the track into two sectors, so you can learn one chunk at a time"
"Eventually make you do a full lap attack"

Racing Etiquette

They didn't show this in any video and I think from the description previously it's obvious why, it probably doesn't even feature driving, only videos, or if it does, it's again very basic to teach simple etiquette.

There are not going to be race championships and cups in Campaign Mode.
It is not about winning races and championships, it's about educating and learing. They've been very clear about that from day 1. There will be arcade mode, but that will still miss the key part people enjoyed, the progression. They'll just be one off events/races.

Yes, already have the collector's edition pre-ordered for quite a while. While I understand that many people want to have lots of offline content, the one thing the beta showed me is that there's really no need for it. The matchmaking was working great and I was having the most fun racing I ever had in a GT game with other people around the same skill level. You can have the best AI ever but for me nothing comes close anymore to racing against real humans. :) The thing with AI is that it's always going to be predictable while this definately isn't the case when racing against real humans, this is part of the fun for me, even if it does go wrong on track sometimes. I actually didn't like the online focus when they announced GT Sport at first but the beta really changed my mind.

Ofcourse I would still like to see some more offline content as well, but it's no longer a big issue for me. For anyone unsure about it and not having tried the beta, I'd say just give it a go. I don't think you'll be disappointed, unless you really don't want to play online.

A little early? How many times do PD have to tell us what Campaign Mode is before people give up hope of something more? It hasn't changed since the announcement, only the number of events.

"GT has historically always had lengthy single player, we call this one campaign mode. In past games we'd call it career mode or simulation mode"

Driving School

Mission Challenge

Circuit Experience

"They break up the track into two sectors, so you can learn one chunk at a time"

Racing Etiquette

They didn't show this in any video and I think from the description previously it's obvious why, it probably doesn't even feature driving, only videos, or if it does, it's again very basic to teach simple etiquette.

It is not about winning races and championships, it's about educating and learing. They've been very clear about that from day 1. There will be arcade mode, but that will still miss the key part people enjoyed, the progression. They'll just be one off events/races.

Out of curiosity Samus, what's stopping you from buying GT S? Is it the car list, track list, online-focus, etc. or a combination of them?

Driving School

Mission Challenge

Circuit Experience

Racing Etiquette

I understand all of that, but we still don't know if there will be offline racing series. Just recently, we have seen the the inclusion of credits, mileage points, and xp points and we don't know how they'll tie together. They could very well not feature offline racing series, but there are too many open questions to already be concluding that there won't be any.

We simply don't know.

While it sucks that the campaign has been reduced to nothing but license tests and missions... honestly, from my time in the beta and in Driveclub before that, I found that online racing can be just as fun as it is offline. Sure, you won't be winning every race in first place, but as long as you aren't in last place and you are still beating people to the finish, it's all good, you know.

So yes, I will still be buying GT Sport. Not just for the online racing, but for the Scapes and overall presentation of the game as well. Which is so far reminding me of GT5 Prologue, which I really loved.

Out of curiosity Samus, what's stopping you from buying GT S? Is it the car list, track list, online-focus, etc. or a combination of them?

A combination of those, but mostly the online. I don't play online, never really have in any game. I'm an introvert in real life and introvert gamer, I want to play on my own, in my own time. I will have to get my racing fixes elsewhere, last racing game I had great fun with offline was GRID Autosport, really fun game with competitive, exciting offline racing.

This game will be quite a shell in 5/6 years when they inevitably turn the servers off. GT2 is still the exact same game it was all those years ago.

I understand all of that, but we still don't know if there will be offline racing series. Just recently, we have seen the the inclusion of credits, mileage points, and xp points and we don't know how they'll tie together. They could very well not feature offline racing series, but there are too many open questions to already be concluding that there won't be any.

We simply don't know.

Where exactly do you think they're going to appear? Certainly not in Campaign Mode, they've quite clearly outlined that. Are you going to open Arcade and find 'Sunday Cup' and 'GT All stars'? Is there a super hidden offline mode they've not talked about with all this? Extremely unlikely, the focus and content of the game hasn't changed since the day it was announced.

Surely all the credits and points are primarily for the online mode, but you can also earn some in arcade races. That's it.

Campaign Mode is the intended main single player mode of the game. Fact. It doesn't contain anything but tests and challenges. Fact.

More than anyone I want there to be a hidden cornucopia of offline content, but I'm sorry, all evidence suggest it isn't.

A combination of those, but mostly the online. I don't play online, never really have in any game. I'm an introvert in real life and introvert gamer, I want to play on my own, in my own time. I will have to get my racing fixes elsewhere, last racing game I had great fun with offline was GRID Autosport, really fun game with competitive, exciting offline racing.

This game will be quite a shell in 5/6 years when they inevitably turn the servers off. GT2 is still the exact same game it was all those years ago.

Where exactly do you think they're going to appear? Certainly not in Campaign Mode, they've quite clearly outlined that. Are you going to open Arcade and find 'Sunday Cup' and 'GT All stars'? Is there a super hidden offline mode they've not talked about with all this? Extremely unlikely, the focus and content of the game hasn't changed since the day it was announced.

Surely all the credits and points are primarily for the online mode, but you can also earn some in arcade races. That's it.

Campaign Mode is the intended main single player mode of the game. Fact. It doesn't contain anything but tests and challenges. Fact.

More than anyone I want there to be a hidden cornucopia of offline content, but I'm sorry, all evidence suggest it isn't.

I understand that, but there's also this quote from this article at E3 2017:

GTP: The competition aspect of Gran Turismo Sport is exciting, but many long-time fans of the series are worried about the more traditional, classic parts of the game. Can you reassure them that will still be part of GT Sport?
KY: Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everthing has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped.

The closed beta is really just one snippet of the whole Gran Turismo Sport experience. It’s just one part of it, and it’s also the most stressful part of the experience, so it’s important that we have the support of the community to help test it out.

We still don't know what all of it means, and I'm not saying there will be an offline race series, but I can't say there won't be. There have been too many post-E3 details revealed that prevents me from concluding there won't be.

"Surely all the credits and points are primarily for the online mode, but you can also earn some in arcade races. That's it." <-- I don't think that we have enough information to know for sure.

Well that quote is obviously Kaz talking rubbish as usual, unless features like Course Maker and B-Spec are also hiding somewhere. Stuff has been dropped, it's just marketing waffle they expect people to swallow up.

I think we do know enough, but if you want to keep up some hope then feel free. I won't be.

Well that quote is obviously Kaz talking rubbish as usual, unless features like Course Maker and B-Spec are also hiding somewhere. Stuff has been dropped, it's just marketing waffle they expect people to swallow up.

I think we do know enough, but if you want to keep up some hope then feel free. I won't be.
That is pretty much why I've not bought a PS4/GTS, I just don't trust Kas/PD anymore, so I'm taking my hard earned penny's elsewhere.

Now I can't prove this anymore because they changed the website very quickly (wish I'd taken a screenshot) but just before GT6 was released it stated on PD's website "It is now possible to select multiple track's in sequence in multiplayer" as in set up a 5 race championship (like ToCA). I thought to myself "fantastic" beats the old 1 race at a time crap, then to my surprise I get the game & the option was nowhere to be seen & the website was changed. Was not happy.

Yes I will get GTS, no doubt.
The focus is now on me, as a multiplayer. It is my campaign to master driving/racing techniques. To get better online and getting my rating to race buddies on same level. I believe the daily races will be the main course long after the Release.
Gran Turismo Sport beta test convinced me with its swift structure that this can really be the future of GT.

Yes! Unfortunately the time to play is always short and a I don't know if I can still play a "classic" career.
I even abandoned the campaign of GT6 before the end.

Something quick, challenging and themed events like the seasonals + something similar to the arcade mode of GT PSP would be my ideal for the single player part.

However, the online will be the main part that I will play.

I think a lot of people here are downplaying the power of online as a Main feature.

I know Is a different genere, but for example you can see games like Counter-Strike that it is only-online and Is played by million. Also I have the personal experience with COD, most of my friends just buy the game for the online and barely touch the campaing, even some of them never play it.
Un Driveclub I Just played the campaing to unblock Cars but 90% of my playtime was online and Time trial.

I can understand Why you could feel angry with PD by removing the Classic campaing, but I think it Will do well

No. This will be the first Gran Turismo game that I'm skipping.
I am the same. I did not enjoy the handling dynamics of the Beta and the package feels like a step backward in content terms. It will be blown out of the water by PCars2 and Assetto Corsa is far superior to drive.

I would love to try the Livery Editor as I have wanted one forever but it is not enough to make me purchase it. I'll be far too busy doing multi-class racing with dynamic time and weather in PCars2 to miss it.

The only way I'll end up owning GTS is if somebody buys it as a Christmas present.

If this becomes the go-to online racing game of the PS4, which is possible due to the reputation and budget of PD/Sony/FIA and the absolute focus on online racing, then it could do very well. FIA certification for the hardcore gamers and stunning graphics for the casuals.

I don't like the car list and there are hardly any tracks. I only play online (unless I'm practising for an upcoming championship race). There seems to be hardly any content and what there is, is bloated with Vision GT nonsense - so no I won't be buying this game - if I did I think I would be bored with it very, very quickly.

I don't think it will become the go to game for PS4 online racing - I think it's just a wrong turn in the GT Franchise.

Don't really care for campaign mode If i were to buy GTS it would be for the Photomode. But that's were the trouble at least for me starts.. What's the point of a photomode if there isn't any car to photograph :indiff:

I don't know is my vote.

Since the online mode was introduced in GT5, campaign mode has became like... almost an obsolete thing of the past, for me.

I say almost because you still have to do stuff to get money and buy cars, of course. But seriously, playing against the AI compared to playing other players.... yawn

Don't really care for campaign mode If i were to buy GTS it would be for the Photomode. But that's were the trouble at least for me starts.. What's the point of a photomode if there isn't any car to photograph :indiff:

I don't know is my vote.

Can you explain what you meant by that? How so?

If this becomes the go-to online racing game of the PS4, which is possible due to the reputation and budget of PD/Sony/FIA and the absolute focus on online racing, then it could do very well. FIA certification for the hardcore gamers and stunning graphics for the casuals.

Don't see how it won't be.

Back