POLL: Do econo-cars and small cars (think Lifan) have a place in gt6?

• Thread starter 300SRT8Fan
  • 257 comments

Small cars in GT6?

• YEs, they are always fun

Votes: 245 80.9%
  • Yes, if there is a drive mode

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Not if there isn't a drive mode

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • NO, no matter what

Votes: 33 10.9%

• Total voters
I can't believe my favorite little cars are getting hated on for what? No I don't want them out of GT because I'll be VERY disappointed. Just because they're slow, well DUH don't drive them cuz others love them, me included. Just have a balance car list like Forza but please don't throw those k-cars away just they're slow and turn GT into a Forza...

Well the votes tells all so they're staying. Haha. :sly:

Small, big, slow, fast, economical, hybrid, gas guzzlers, anything.

Imho, all cars are important and deserve to be respected, all cars can be fun. All of them have a reason to exist, even if its there to be hated. (Prius?) I would miss the damned thing if they weren't in GT, because I always curse and laugh when I see one on track. I would drive a Lada if GT5 had them, the same way I have fun driving a Mazda Carol. Of course, I am a car nut, like most of us here, I drool at sports and supercars, but I love all cars. Bring variety to GT, always! Thats the spirit! Lets just have a good balance. GT series misses a lot of important cars, but we dont need to lose anything.

And I freaking HATE the Dodge Viper. See? Different people and tastes. But I dont want the Viper to vanish from GT. There are people that like and love it!

Once, just before the GT2 release, Kaz said it wanted GranTurismo to be a car encyclopedia. Bring it on! More australian cars! Indian cars! I want to race a tata nano until it catch fire. I want to drive chinese cars, they need to learn how to make better cars but they will be a huge player in the future. We need more korean cars!

We can have it all. We just need a good balance.

Ps: I cant believe I wrote all this on the phone...

Last edited:
YOU HATE THE VIPER!??!??!?!?!??!?!!??? :ill:👎👎👎👎👎

Yes, I just don't like it. Talking about american cars, I'm more like a Vette man.

Hey, respect. I respect the car, the legacy. But it's not for me.

But I used that to illustrate my post.

No bad feelings, man. 💡

Hey Diego,

I don't ban any cars, but I would leave those economy oriented cars out. Why? Because of principle and game structure.

Hey Diego,

I don't ban any cars, but I would leave those economy oriented cars out. Why? Because of principle and game structure.

Yes, I can see your point. and of course, it may be a matter of principles. I don't know what you drive in real life or what you had as a real car, but as a brazillian like me, you know our internal market is full of bad and weak cars and for those here that aren't "rich" we must have fun and "survive" with what we can have. I started driving on a 1.0 liter Fiat Uno as my first car (58hp and it used to go up to 7200rpm)... and God, it was some of the funniest moments I've had in my life. In weak cars, you need to perfect your driving, your gear changes, everything because every second you lose does have an impact on the car "performance"...

Weak/small cars are an excellent school for beginners imho and that's what most people can drive in real life, so I think they're important because that. Not everybody can drive a sports cars with ease, so why not reflect in the game, a situation that you my find in your garage? Your parents economy car or your first, cheap car... you know, in Europe, Japan, Australia, US you can buy an used sports cars or something with good potential for low money. But for those like us, that live in countries damned with high taxes and shortage of sportscar options, replicating something more "real" and plausible, it's an awesome thing.

How many times I drove the Corsa Sport (Corsa B) in GT2, painted in white, just like my dad's car was? That was super fun!

Like I said, I just think we can have it all BUT, a good balance must be respected. We need more sports cars and less of these economy/small cars but we still need them in the mix imho.

Last edited:
yes, I believe those kinds of cars still has a place in GT6, it is the real driving simulator, it's nice to see in-game cars as varied as possible.

diegorborges
Yes, I can see your point. and of course, it may be a matter of principles. I don't know what you drive in real life or what you had as a real car, but as a brazillian like me, you know our internal market is full of bad and weak cars and for those here that aren't "rich" we must have fun and "survive" with what we can have. I started driving on a 1.0 liter Fiat Uno as my first car (58hp and it used to go up to 7200rpm)... and God, it was some of the funniest moments I've had in my life. In weak cars, you need to perfect your driving, your gear changes, everything because every second you lose does have an impact on the car "performance"...

Weak/small cars are an excellent school for beginners imho and that's what most people can drive in real life, so I think they're important because that. Not everybody can drive a sports cars with ease, so why not reflect in the game, a situation that you my find in your garage? Your parents economy car or your first, cheap car... you know, in Europe, Japan, Australia, US you can buy an used sports cars or something with good potential for low money. But for those like us, that live in countries damned with high taxes and shortage of sportscar options, replicating something more "real" and plausible, it's an awesome thing.

How many times I drove the Corsa Sport (Corsa B) in GT2, painted in white, just like my dad's car was? That was super fun!

Like I said, I just think we can have it all BUT, a good balance must be respected. We need more sports cars and less of these economy/small cars but we still need them in the mix imho.

I see your point. But to illustrate mine, let's say I would love to have the UNO Turbo in the game, but not the UNO Mille.

Oh, and by the way I started with a Gol 1.0 liters. Couldn't overtake in the road if the car was full.

Couldn't agree more.

I think all types of cars should be represented. Its the love of and the difference in cars that draw me to it.

Small low powered cars are some of the best to drive. It's all about conserving momentum.

Also GT wouldn't be GT without them.

No... Hell no.. No hybrids. Its stupid,, I have a 700hp evo and when i see a prius i make sure i kill some more trees. Honestly how many ppl bough a Prius in the game built it then race it? The telsa electric car? I never see anyone driving that. Its not much the econo boxes its the crap hybrids

The slower cars are an essential part of Gran Turismo, in my opinion. They provide a nice contrast to the supercars and race cars and enable the game to have a good progression, you have to start out with a cheap and cheerful little car before you can get your hands on the more exotic machinery. This gives the game a unique feeling of career progression that enables the player to form a bond with their cars.

No... Hell no.. No hybrids. Its stupid,, I have a 700hp evo and when i see a prius i make sure i kill some more trees. Honestly how many ppl bough a Prius in the game built it then race it? The telsa electric car? I never see anyone driving that. Its not much the econo boxes its the crap hybrids

I've bought and tuned a Prius (wouldn't say it's very exciting but it is interesting to drive and unlike any other car in GT5 which counts for something in my book), I also very much like the Prius TC, both how it drives (which again requires a different technique than most other cars and is an acquired taste no doubt) and I absolutely love the way it looks.

Another interesting and often overlooked car is the (Premium) Honda Insight, try to tune it and you have a very nice handling low-powered FF car which also sounds great and unlike the Prius you can fit a 5-speed manual gearbox making it drive more like any other FF-hatchback.

Do I even have to mention the Honda CR-Z? Now that's a hybrid I'd love to own in real life, and it's a great car to drive in GT5 when tuned and set up properly.

As for fully electric cars, the Tesla initially disappointed me somewhat but that was due to me having different expectations of what it actually is, I now really enjoy driving it (it basically handles like a heavy Elise which it technically is).
Don't really like the Leaf that much, it's okay to drive but nothing more, but the Mitsubishi I-MiEV on the other hand surprised me in a pleasant way, it's mid-engined layout combined with lowgrade tyres can be fun on a short twisty track like Eiger Nordwand Short for example.

I don't think they should focus on these econobox beer cans... the Leaf is a total joke of a car. A go cart with a lawnmower engine is faster. focus on the cars that people are most likely to drive. I would say the silvia is a very likely 1st car, as would be any miata or truck. don't put in any new versions of the econo-crap that can't get out of it's own way... NO FILLER PLEASE, just get more GOOD cars.

What PD should have been doing since day one on GT5 is logging what cars people have used and with what frequency. That way they should have a clear idea of what is popular and what isn't and use that data to model new cars that people want.

They've logged all the online miles with those stats they put out a couple of months ago so hopefully they also got this data. Something tells me even if they do have this data though they'll just ignore it.

I don't think they should focus on these econobox beer cans... the Leaf is a total joke of a car. A go cart with a lawnmower engine is faster. focus on the cars that people are most likely to drive. I would say the silvia is a very likely 1st car, as would be any miata or truck. don't put in any new versions of the econo-crap that can't get out of it's own way... NO FILLER PLEASE, just get more GOOD cars.

See here's the thing though. What you just said about good cars is an opinion which not everybody shares. Not everybody wants to drive a Lambo or Supra. While at the same time not everybody wants to drive a Demio.

The Leaf is cool because it makes you try to maintain momentum in turns, which can get tricky, and is a taste of the automotive future. GT always had the econo car, and without them it's just another typical high-end sports car **** fest.

GT has to draw a balance somewhere to appease a wider audience.

That said, you honestly think the Civic Si's, GTi's, and Clio's are crap?

Wow. Just wow.

I've bought and tuned a Prius (wouldn't say it's very exciting but it is interesting to drive and unlike any other car in GT5 which counts for something in my book), I also very much like the Prius TC, both how it drives (which again requires a different technique than most other cars and is an acquired taste no doubt) and I absolutely love the way it looks.

Another interesting and often overlooked car is the (Premium) Honda Insight, try to tune it and you have a very nice handling low-powered FF car which also sounds great and unlike the Prius you can fit a 5-speed manual gearbox making it drive more like any other FF-hatchback.

Do I even have to mention the Honda CR-Z? Now that's a hybrid I'd love to own in real life, and it's a great car to drive in GT5 when tuned and set up properly.

As for fully electric cars, the Tesla initially disappointed me somewhat but that was due to me having different expectations of what it actually is, I now really enjoy driving it (it basically handles like a heavy Elise which it technically is).
Don't really like the Leaf that much, it's okay to drive but nothing more, but the Mitsubishi I-MiEV on the other hand surprised me in a pleasant way, it's mid-engined layout combined with lowgrade tyres can be fun on a short twisty track like Eiger Nordwand Short for example.

The crz is only one i can make an exception for...

What PD should have been doing since day one on GT5 is logging what cars people have used and with what frequency. That way they should have a clear idea of what is popular and what isn't and use that data to model new cars that people want.

They've logged all the online miles with those stats they put out a couple of months ago so hopefully they also got this data. Something tells me even if they do have this data though they'll just ignore it.

But then you just cater to the lowest common denominator as I'm always surprised seeing the same cars used in online rooms.
If you just include more of what's already popular and don't also cater to the more eclectic players as well (even though they might be a minority) you risk only offering one particular driving experience and lose variety, and more importantly perhaps also lose the opportunity to include less obvious stuff which has the potential to become hugely popular.

In short, I don't want the majority of cars to be liked equally by the majority, just plenty of niches filled significantly so there's enough to choose from for all.
Since I like a lot of different cars for different reasons, having variety and diversity is more important than a huge selection basically offering the same thing, but then again what do I know?

Yes I see what you're saying, I wasn't talking about specific cars with the data but more generally what they see are being used and they can use that data to decide what to do FIRST. We all know given the time they would include every car known to man but they don't have the time so they have to make choices. If as a random example they see Japanese cars with <60hp have been used 20,000 times and other car groups have been used 5,000,000 times it's a no brainer which area of cars you model first. Sure the 20,000 that drive the Japanese boxes won't be happy if they don't get time to model their cars but in business you have to go with the majority first.

I don't understand the 'drive mode' part of the poll.
But yeah, this is a DRIVING simulator, not a racing one. The small cars are more enjoyable to me.

I don't understand the 'drive mode' part of the poll.
But yeah, this is a DRIVING simulator, not a racing one. The small cars are more enjoyable to me.

+1 to this sir

...in business you have to go with the majority first...
Wow, I know it's true what you are saying, but I don't like this fact. It's cruel, it's heartless and incredibly selfish. They should do it for the love - the love for cars, and to share it with us. Not with the money(the new god) up front. I want them to say 'No brand get's left behind'. And unlike politicans, stand up for it. Don't forget diehard fans of certain brands in the future, they are beeing left behind at the moment.

Last edited:
Back