Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Just how nostalgic is it possible to get over a livery from a past iteration? We're about to find out. Photo by @syntex123 - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
I allowed myself to borrow the setup from the Photo Mode competitions. This competition will be similar; albeit it will not be required to take an artistic photo. All you need to focus on, is making a perfect livery you could say yourself proud of. In this fortnight’s theme (Running from midnight CET / GMT +1 every other wednesday:

"The cars from Gran Turismo are instantly recognizable. From the Race Modded cars from GT1-2(and GT5) to the fictional racers of Gran Turismo Sport. Each car has its own unique feel, and we all have at least one favorite from a past iteration. Let's capture the essence of the past, and show your inner artist embracing these liveries remade in full HD / 4K glory in Gran Turismo Sport."

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Classic Gran Turismo liveries. See this thread for inspiration.
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
360° GIF: Optional
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The livery has to come from a previous Gran Turismo. You're free to use other decals where the original is unclear.
Be sure to give credit to the decalmakers where possible. You are encouraged to make your own.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, or view the full 360° GIF before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Poll Options

giphy.gif

kTLt541l.jpg

h4qsQlFl.jpg
Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

gran-turismo™sport_20180316202017-jpg.722663

gran-turismo™sport_20180316202140-jpg.722664
Poll Option #03

giphy.gif

Poll Option #04

giphy.gif

Poll Option #05

giphy.gif

PauFyWr.png

IIUPIav.png
Poll Option #06

gtp-gt-nsx-front-640px-jpg.722984

Dndtdkll.jpg
Poll Option #07

giphy.gif

39990773835_969eab8483_z.jpg
Poll Option #08

giphy.gif

Poll Option #09

giphy.gif

40870555582_a76d67a852_z.jpg
Poll Option #10

gran-turismo™sport_20180321234919_3-gif.723964

mxmFUu8l.jpg

LrqFJEJl.jpg
Poll Option #11

ltkMuUUl.jpg

p4dlcU4l.jpg
Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13​

giphy.gif

Poll Option #14

TAKqUrjl.png
Poll Option #15

NnBspQSl.jpg

an7S2B1l.jpg
Poll Option #16

39161752380_cbb356740f_o.gif

40928911562_9d04620c66_z.jpg

40970614201_f76111abcb_z.jpg
Poll Option #17

giphy.gif

40934446152_a2da3f4829_z.jpg
Poll Option #18

40289239984_8964719e1c_z.jpg

40289246824_cbfe972c8f_z.jpg
Poll Option #19

Deadline

April 1, 2018

Last edited:
Some great entries but I think the poll needs cleaning up abit, Some images are showing as massive without needing to click on them, Others are the normal competition size, Some photos are missing entirely, Mine for example does not have the photo attached only the gif which I think is unfair to some people not just myself.

This was probably the hardest choice in my life, together with the first starter pokemon and which university to choose. But, after long pondering, I chose my favourite in the NSX Gr.4-S2K Race Mods. A big congratulations to every participant is in order, as there are so many great liveries in here!

Some great entries but I think the poll needs cleaning up abit, Some images are showing as massive without needing to click on them, Others are the normal competition size, Some photos are missing entirely, Mine for example does not have the photo attached only the gif which I think is unfair to some people not just myself.

In all fairness to @syntex123 entrants need to make an effort to stick to the guidance given in the OP as to how to post their entries... perhaps stricter rules should be employed;

Gif - optional (posted in the poll if present)
Primary image (mandatory - must not exceed the size specified, must be linked to a full size image) - (will be the Poll Picture)
Secondary images (same restrictions as the primary image - will only be posted in spoiler tags in the poll)

Entrants must specify which is which when they post. If they don't post correctly, it's not a valid entry.

... that's what I'd do anyway.

In all fairness to @syntex123 entrants need to make an effort to stick to the guidance given in the OP as to how to post their entries... perhaps stricter rules should be employed;

Primary image (mandatory - must not exceed the size specified, must be linked to a full size image) - (will be the Poll Picture)
Secondary images (same restrictions as the primary image - will only be posted in spoiler tags in the poll)

Entrants must specify which is which when they post. If they don't post correctly, it's not a valid entry.

Well I put my primary image under the gif when submitting it as final entry which should have also had a link to the full size included, But in the poll only my gif is there not my photo entry or even a spoiler hiding it.

So to my knowledge I followed the rules to the letter, I've been entering photomode comps on and off since the GT5 days so I feel confident that I did everything correctly.

Well I put my primary image under the gif when submitting it as final entry which should have also had a link to the full size included, But in the poll only my gif is there not my photo entry or even a spoiler hiding it.

So to my knowledge I followed the rules to the letter, I've been entering photomode comps on and off since the GT5 days so I feel confident that I did everything correctly.

Fair enough, I wasn't aiming that at anyone in particular... but if we want neat standardised poll threads, we need peole to be posting neat, standardised entries... that's all I'm saying.

I’m adding more pictures to the entries +++, just wait a couple of hours, let me get rid of my headache first. It was gettig late and I was tired when fixing the two threads I had to make in that short amount of time, so bear with me, this is my first competition like this.

Yeah a lot of pictures where either too big or too small. Took some time to get those I could into the wrong size, which was a pain I’d like to avoid next time :P I chose to include the ones that were too big because, well, this is a livery competition and not photo competition, but for the sake if it and keeping it more manageable it should probably be more strict. I’ll edit the OP in the second one in a few minutes.

I’m adding more pictures to the entries +++, just wait a couple of hours, let me get rid of my headache first. It was gettig late and I was tired when fixing the two threads I had to make in that short amount of time, so bear with me, this is my first competition like this..

No problem hope your feeling better soon, I'd personally love to see this competition become as popular as the photomode comps 👍 Maybe once things are into a nice pattern if there are enough people maybe youd consider doing a tournament style thing :cheers:

For getting a smaller version of an image the easiest way imho is to just re-upload it to imgur and insert a small L (l) right before the .jpg of the direct link; it resizes the image to 640px then 👍

No problem hope your feeling better soon, I'd personally love to see this competition become as popular as the photomode comps 👍 Maybe once things are into a nice pattern if there are enough people maybe youd consider doing a tournament style thing :cheers:
Thanks :) yeah same, I was thinking for months we needed this sort of competition and nothing happened so I guess I had to take it into my own hands, hehe. Yeah maybe, but first I’ll try to manage this, I tend to get too much on my plate to handle. :D

For getting a smaller version of an image the easiest way imho is to just re-upload it to imgur and insert a small L (l) right before the .jpg of the direct link; it resizes the image to 640px then 👍
Haha I haven’t used Imgur before. But yeah I guess I’ll try that on some of them, I guess I’ll try to fire up my computer to add the rest of the images now, but people be aware - I’m only choosing two images where needed, it’s a little bit time consuming and I hope you understand.

Phoah, indeed difficult choice ! My vote went not to a racing car replica but a livery made on another car witch was an unknown to me, but found very appealing and striking to the original.

Cool to see 19 entrants ! Best of luck to all!

Phoah, indeed difficult choice ! My vote went not to a racing car replica but a livery made on another car witch was an unknown to me, but found very appealing and striking to the original.

Cool to see 19 entrants ! Best of luck to all!
Oh yes tough indeed, so many good ones. :)

Yeah, I totally didn’t expect that many :D hopefully we get just as many or more in the second one.

Good luck to everyone, everyone is a winner to me, I like them all. :cheers:

Leaving the poll up until I wake up. I’m so tired right now and about to fall asleep :lol: a few extra hours should make some people happy if they haven’t had the chance to vote yet.

Congratulations to @BLiTZ! :cheers:👍 A very nice replica of the Gran Turismo 2 Honda S2000 RM. I will contact you shortly regarding your theme for the third competition. :)

To everyone else - thank you all for contributing, it was a tough choice, you all made nice ones. Hope to see you in round 2 that is ongoing, and of course in the third and more! :)

Congratulations to @BLiTZ! :cheers:👍 A very nice replica of the Gran Turismo 2 Honda S2000 RM. I will contact you shortly regarding your theme for the third competition. :)

To everyone else - thank you all for contributing, it was a tough choice, you all made nice ones. Hope to see you in round 2 that is ongoing, and of course in the third and more! :)

Congrats to @BLiTZ :) and all who provided a livery :cheers:

Thanks @syntex123 for setting this competition up 👍

Congrats to @BLiTZ

Will be good if we get the same number of entries for the second comp.

@syntex123 I can imagine you're pretty sick of peoples suggestions on the format by now, but I do have one more suggestion. When posting the poll choice pictures... might be an idea to put some kind of line between the options... I'm probably just being dense but I had to check a couple of times whether it was the text above of below the image that I wanted to vote for. Thanks for administering the competition 👍

No worries. @MatskiMonk :) better to end up with a ‘system’ everyone likes than just doing whatever I feel is right but probably isn’t. So yeah, I’ll be sure to do that next time. I had to check a few times myself :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back