POLL: GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 04 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 94 comments

THEME: Masking Tape

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may just say even though I didn’t use any inverted decals - I felt I did the masking tape bit a lot, imagine all those lines and skewed squared being the result of a whole taperoll if not more masking the flake metallic beneath. :lol:

I could’ve used a few inverted decals like the one on the roof, but since GTS doesn’t recognize gradient decals made in Affinity Designer I had no choice but to make it white.

No excuse for the others though, but like I said I played with the whole masking tape idea on the paintscheme more than I focused on the decals themselves. :)

If I may just say even though I didn’t use any inverted decals - I felt I did the masking tape bit a lot, imagine all those lines and skewed squared being the result of a whole taperoll if not more masking the flake metallic beneath. :lol:

I could’ve used a few inverted decals like the one on the roof, but since GTS doesn’t recognize gradient decals made in Affinity Designer I had no choice but to make it white.

No excuse for the others though, but like I said I played with the whole masking tape idea on the paintscheme more than I focused on the decals themselves. :)

I know the work behind those squares and lines, but it can’t help myself to see a W1 Small Flakes car with decals on it rather than a car with W1 Small Flakes decals.

Thanks for the in-depth write-up and comments on my design @Cytoria Much appreciated, the design made me up my skills in livery creation and I'm glad I came up with something original but also believable for the race track :cheers:

I know the work behind those squares and lines, but it can’t help myself to see a W1 Small Flakes car with decals on it rather than a car with W1 Small Flakes decals.
Hehe yeah, I interpreted it differently, I just didn’t want a lot of inverted decals, but more masked line work instead :)

@Cytoria thanks for the review! love it.

@uccio21 @nowcontrol You guys are my top two. Great designs.

The 650 is so well detailed. It makes me want to run that car is races it would look amazing. It's smashing. Is it an original design? It looks like a real race car, that's the best.

And that Mustang (Even though I hate fords) is sick. It's a ford I can tip my hat to and say you deserve respect my friend. haha You make me want to make a deception like that with purple chrome, or another autobot in red.

Last edited:
Yeah I totally forgot to say thank you as well, @Cytoria. I realize my post might sound like I was complaining about your evaluation, that was not my intention, I'm sorry! Fantastic evaluation of all contestants :)

Ok, time for the novel !

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who entered this competition. Your liveries are great and I respect the time and work you put on them. Picking only one choice is so unfair. It is not that one is good and the others aren't. It works on the PMC, but I guess people won't spend more than half an hour on their pics, whereas the liveries implies multiples hours of work, and it's very frustrating to not be able to valorise that.

As the initiator of the theme, I feel the need to develop my choices, and I though that a notation system will be helpful and more objective.
Livery design is for the style and the originality of the livery. Masking skills evaluate the work and the respect of the rules. Level of detail valorises the tiny little things in the liveries. I tried to be the most objective, and I hope not to hurt anyone. The level is so high !

@Mires Swift : Clean, simple and efficient design.
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 6/10 - Level of detail : 5/10 - OVERALL : 18/30

@syntex123 BMW : Nicely done and good design but IMHO less masking details than some other entries
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 6/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 22/30

@Snake55wildcat Supra : Striking design, a sort of ice cold drift car.
Livery design : 9/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 6/10 - OVERALL : 22/30

@Strax Clio : Happy birthday ;) Your car is great and the SVG work is visible, so is the roof.
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 8/10 - Level of detail : 6/10 - OVERALL : 21/30

@Sjaak MX-5 : Nice use of the inverted decals, and good job of masking with shapes for the continuous lines of the bonnet.
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 21/30

@Nuschel01 Mustang : A mix of inverted decals and masked stripes for a bold result.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 8/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 23/30

@JKcreativeworks Huracan : Lots of lovely details with the thin lines in the cuts made for the special colour.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

@MMX Audi : A great entry too, and it is harder to work with LMP, as all of you will learn in the next LEC.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 9/10 - Level of detail : 8/10 - OVERALL : 25/30

@KK78 GT-R : You already had a nice design, and you had the humility of starting it again after your first entry. Nice use of gradients, stripes and inverted decals.
Livery design : 9/10 - Masking skills : 8/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

@Teal Mini : An awesome design for a patriotic road car.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 5/10 - OVERALL : 20/30

@V100s Scirocco : Very serious game here. Inverted decals, lines, patterns all is here. I just wonder how this would look with a dark grey instead of Rizla blue !
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 10/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 27/30

@nowcontrol 650S : This is really very Nvidia-esque. I really like how the green decals melt into the GW colourshift paint depending of the angle.
Livery design : 9/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 8/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

@uccio21 Mustang : What a job on these side decals ! The lines around the car are also well executed, not to mention the chrome rear lights surrounding. Stunning effect on the sunshine.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 10/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 27/30

@Raphaele 4C : Very good idea of the cuts into the gradients. It looks simple but those here knows the skills behind this trick. And as I previously said, I love the view from above.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 9/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

@MatskiMonk VGT : I can only imagine how patient you had to be to align and match all these lines. Another art car in your amazing collection.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 9/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 26/30

@im2fst4u Camaro : I'm a big fan of Pixar and you did a great tribute to them with this car. Colourful and refreshing design.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 8/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 23/30

@Mr_Coconut AMG : For someone who asked two days ago "what is masking", the result is beyond expectations.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 22/30

As you may notice, we have a draw. Two awesome entries, with a lot of work behing them, and it is so hard to say who deserves the only vote I can give. And I know both of their work here and in the game, there are so many amazing liveries in their galleries. I've not voted before writing this, nor asked for the current ranking, so I am not influenced.

After a long debate with myself, and with a pinch in my heart, my vote goes to
@V100s Scirocco. Because the livery design would have been 9 if there wasn't this Rezly blue.

Thanks again for all your entries !

Hey Cytoria, Thank you for the amazing information re masking. Yes it is true only several days ago I had no clue really how to achieve this, so I feel very happy with the score and comment you gave me overall. I will be entering this next competition so in the planning phase right now. Have a great night.

@nowcontrol 650S : This is really very Nvidia-esque. I really like how the green decals melt into the GW colourshift paint depending of the angle.
Livery design : 9/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 8/10 - OVERALL : 24/30
Thank you for the praise and very reasonable scoring of my livery. The joint 4th ranking with those three other very good and interesting liveries is OK by me. :)
The 650 is so well detailed. It makes me want to run that car is races it would look amazing. It's smashing. Is it an original design? It looks like a real race car, that's the best.
Thank you for these kind words about my simple livery. :D
It is indeed a custom creation. When the comp opened I decided that the next non-duplicate race-car I received by DWG would be my subject and lucky for me it was the 650s, the theme (nvidia & others from my PC in green and black like my PC) had been something I'd thought about before but never considered it as a masking concept and never saw any solid ideas in my mind on any of the cars I already had so from getting the 650s and liking the theme of this comp, it seemed to be the ideal time to put my imagination to work.

I will share the livery when voting is over. 👍

I'm not sure which livery I want to vote for yet, it's really tough, but will get a vote in before the time is up.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Ok, time for the novel !

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who entered this competition. Your liveries are great and I respect the time and work you put on them. Picking only one choice is so unfair. It is not that one is good and the others aren't. It works on the PMC, but I guess people won't spend more than half an hour on their pics, whereas the liveries implies multiples hours of work, and it's very frustrating to not be able to valorise that.

As the initiator of the theme, I feel the need to develop my choices, and I though that a notation system will be helpful and more objective.
Livery design is for the style and the originality of the livery. Masking skills evaluate the work and the respect of the rules. Level of detail valorises the tiny little things in the liveries. I tried to be the most objective, and I hope not to hurt anyone. The level is so high !

Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 6/10 - Level of detail : 5/10 - OVERALL : 18/30

@syntex123 BMW : Nicely done and good design but IMHO less masking details than some other entries
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 6/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 22/30

Livery design : 9/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 6/10 - OVERALL : 22/30

@Strax Clio : Happy birthday ;) Your car is great and the SVG work is visible, so is the roof.
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 8/10 - Level of detail : 6/10 - OVERALL : 21/30

@Sjaak MX-5 : Nice use of the inverted decals, and good job of masking with shapes for the continuous lines of the bonnet.
Livery design : 7/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 21/30

@Nuschel01 Mustang : A mix of inverted decals and masked stripes for a bold result.

@JKcreativeworks Huracan : Lots of lovely details with the thin lines in the cuts made for the special colour.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

@MMX Audi : A great entry too, and it is harder to work with LMP, as all of you will learn in the next LEC.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 9/10 - Level of detail : 8/10 - OVERALL : 25/30

@KK78 GT-R : You already had a nice design, and you had the humility of starting it again after your first entry. Nice use of gradients, stripes and inverted decals.
Livery design : 9/10 - Masking skills : 8/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 5/10 - OVERALL : 20/30

@V100s Scirocco : Very serious game here. Inverted decals, lines, patterns all is here. I just wonder how this would look with a dark grey instead of Rizla blue !

@uccio21 Mustang : What a job on these side decals ! The lines around the car are also well executed, not to mention the chrome rear lights surrounding. Stunning effect on the sunshine.

@Raphaele 4C : Very good idea of the cuts into the gradients. It looks simple but those here knows the skills behind this trick. And as I previously said, I love the view from above.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 9/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 24/30

@MatskiMonk VGT : I can only imagine how patient you had to be to align and match all these lines. Another art car in your amazing collection.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 9/10 - Level of detail : 9/10 - OVERALL : 26/30

@im2fst4u Camaro : I'm a big fan of Pixar and you did a great tribute to them with this car. Colourful and refreshing design.

@Mr_Coconut AMG : For someone who asked two days ago "what is masking", the result is beyond expectations.
Livery design : 8/10 - Masking skills : 7/10 - Level of detail : 7/10 - OVERALL : 22/30

As you may notice, we have a draw. Two awesome entries, with a lot of work behing them, and it is so hard to say who deserves the only vote I can give. And I know both of their work here and in the game, there are so many amazing liveries in their galleries. I've not voted before writing this, nor asked for the current ranking, so I am not influenced.

@V100s Scirocco. Because the livery design would have been 9 if there wasn't this Rezly blue.

Thanks a lot for the kind comment and for the happy birthday :) first time I ever masked, so getting both a positive review and even a vote, with such a high level of competition, well I can say I'm really happy :) especially since I'm far from the best at liveries.

@Cytoria thanks for the review! love it.

@uccio21 @nowcontrol You guys are my top two. Great designs.

And that Mustang (Even though I hate fords) is sick. It's a ford I can tip my hat to and say you deserve respect my friend. haha You make me want to make a deception like that with purple chrome, or another autobot in red.
Thank you for the nice comment @im2fst4u , it'a a pleasure! And thank you @Cytoria for the high rating that you give to my livery. The highest!!!
I have to admit that this Poll gave me to think, my experience with liveries started 8 years ago, then I took a break and started again with GTsport. I have seen thousands of liveries during this time, taken part in the most exciting competition ever (Forza idol), I am still part of my old team of painters and I knowed some of the best painters that are still idols for me. I have a different kind of experience, while in Gtsport is all new for the community.
Why am I saying this? I feel I'm out of place in this community, probably is better if I stay "outside" and I do the spectator.
So this could be my letest entry.
In general this Poll has highlighted a huge lack of experience in judging and this let me loose a little bit the interest in this competition.
Btw I respect the huge works behind this competition and the huge effort of organization and painters, cheers guys!

Ok, time for the novel !

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your vote
it was my first job using this technique and I can feel satisfied. thank you all ... to the next challenge
P.S. let's see if I have the time to change colors and use the various rizla colors, perhaps for a single-brand championship.

In general this Poll has highlighted a huge lack of experience in judging
So voting for the entry I liked the most is a bad thing?
Sometimes I even tend to vote for a livery/photo that‘s definately not the best in terms of technics/skills/xyz but I just like it. Plus it gives the guy who entered it a good feel that he got at least one vote :D It would demotivate a bit if you enter 10 contests and never get any votes, so instead of giving my vote to an entry that is already 5 votes ahead of every other one I just vote for something not so popular :)

So voting for the entry I liked the most is a bad thing?
Sometimes I even tend to vote for a livery/photo that‘s definately not the best in terms of technics/skills/xyz but I just like it. Plus it gives the guy who entered it a good feel that he got at least one vote :D It would demotivate a bit if you enter 10 contests and never get any votes, so instead of giving my vote to an entry that is already 5 votes ahead of every other one I just vote for something not so popular :)
Is not a bad thing, but i'm not interested in a contest where people have a too different background with me. Is not a question of one vote, if a terrible livery fight for the podium and one of the best in this contest taked one vote demotivate also more.
Also the presence of replica livery in a livery contest is something I never seen before, for obvious motivation.
You can vote as you want, is a good thing, I was only explaining my motivation.

Why am I saying this? I feel I'm out of place in this community, probably is better if I stay "outside" and I do the spectator.
So this could be my letest entry.
In general this Poll has highlighted a huge lack of experience in judging and this let me loose a little bit the interest in this competition.

This does kinda sound like you don't want to take part if you're not going to win... though I do understand part of what you mean...

One of the reasons why I've previously suggested a different method of voting, or allowing multiple votes is to try and get a more representative set of scores - it would be fairer for everyone (though I totally understand if Sytnex doesn't want to go down that route). I'm sure we all vote based on different criteria, and weight those criteria differently.

I personally try and be even about it but it's simply not possible to control how people vote (at least not with the simplistic forum software architecture)... so it's a shame if you can't enjoy entering just for the sake of taking part, because you are a skilled livery creator.

FWIW your entry was one of the 5 that I could have voted for and while technically good, but as a massive fan of Transformers in the 1980's you made a couple of decisions that I would have done differently. One of the other liveries I would have voted for (the MINI) is currently sat on zero votes... which is a shame, I really like it, but I recognise that technically it's relatively simple compared to the effort some other people went to. What really highlights the issue, is that my cast off entry has any votes at all :lol:

This does kinda sound like you don't want to take part if you're not going to win... though I do understand part of what you mean...

One of the reasons why I've previously suggested a different method of voting, or allowing multiple votes is to try and get a more representative set of scores - it would be fairer for everyone (though I totally understand if Sytnex doesn't want to go down that route). I'm sure we all vote based on different criteria, and weight those criteria differently.

I personally try and be even about it but it's simply not possible to control how people vote (at least not with the simplistic forum software architecture)... so it's a shame if you can't enjoy entering just for the sake of taking part, because you are a skilled livery creator.

FWIW your entry was one of the 5 that I could have voted for and while technically good, but as a massive fan of Transformers in the 1980's you made a couple of decisions that I would have done differently. One of the other liveries I would have voted for (the MINI) is currently sat on zero votes... which is a shame, I really like it, but I recognise that technically it's relatively simple compared to the effort some other people went to. What really highlights the issue, is that my cast off entry has any votes at all :lol:
No my decision is not on my result, but on the others car results! I can't say more because I don't want to offend who make some liveries.
Yes I also want to win, but I don't like to win with a jury witouth experience.
Another problem is that is impossible to judge a fictional livery and replicas togheter.
If a casual and totaly wrong livery can fight for the the win it mean that also the competition is totaly casual, and I need to compete for have fun.
If the question is just to make a livery with a theme I can also do it without taking part to a competition.

About Transformers, the livery is ispired also to american team Dawsan racing that have tTrasformers collaboration. The Trasformers logo are the same, the livery is modern, so I don't take ispiration by the past.

Thanks a lot for the kind comment and for the happy birthday :) first time I ever masked, so getting both a positive review and even a vote, with such a high level of competition, well I can say I'm really happy :) especially since I'm far from the best at liveries.
Happy belated birthday man! :cheers:

Btw I respect the huge works behind this competition and the huge effort of organization and painters, cheers guys!
Lack of experience in judging. Lol. Aren’t everyone allowed to vote for the livery they like? The Photo Mode Competition uses the exact same formula and I’ve yet to see someone comment they won’t enter because of others lack of ‘skill’ to either vote or enter a good image. :lol:

I’d love to say yes to this but having the option to vote for as many as you want or just one makes it hard to enforce what I previously said - that each member can only vote for three. People would ignore this in a heartbeat, making the poll invalid and needs to be reset all the time.

If a 3-vote feature is implemented I will consider it though. I also think a lot more than one entry deserves a vote, but I don’t see how voting for more than three makes it competitive enough, if you know what I mean. :)

Another problem is that is impossible to judge a fictional livery and replicas togheter.
You’re saying the people here don’t have experience to vote for what they think look good? It’s not meant to be a competition judged by pro irl livery makers / photographers. It’s for the community, by the community.

You can judge them together. You just don’t know how to, by the sound of it.
You can judge based on execution and if all elements blend together well, or you can judge it by how nice it looks. Simple as that.

The one that is the most appealing to you is the one you should vote for. It isn’t harder than that. Noone here is incompetent. We all are capable of executing a good vote. We all have our own taste; it’s very individual. You may like something I dislike and vice versa. Does it mean I’m not experienced enough to judge if I vote different from you?

I agree it is hard to compare fictional to replica liveries but that will change with each round as some rounds will force entries one way or another. So some weeks replicas will not be allowed and vice versa.

With any competition of this nature you will always find the majority of people will make a snap decision based on visual appeal before considering detail/execution. Type of car will also have a big effect, as people will generally vote for their favourite brands.

In round 1 I'd considered making a replica of the RM Skyline GT-R but decided the NSX has more appeal. (As it happens, someone went ahead and made a RM themed GT-R and it struggled to get votes). Equally when I entered the Clio in Round 2 I knew it would be unpopular compared the numerous Gr.3 cars, but I fancied the challenge of making something different at the risk of not winning.

I've been planning what I enter in the Round 5 competition once I'm back home and having seen some great replica entries so far, I'm feeling a little put off to go down the fictional route. But if I do enter it will be with a fictional entry as I want to try and push myself to try something different and hope that people like the results.

If it's any consolation I really liked your TT for the GTP round and had it been eligible would have picked that. (Instead I voted for the track-day styled GT86 as I liked the realistic approach).

This round I voted for @MatskiMonk 's BMW as the fine detail on the pattern work must have taken a lot of time. As a massive Tranformers fan your's was a close second, I massively respect the effort involved with the double mask on the sides but when it came down to it I just prefer the look of the BMW more.

Happy belated birthday man! :cheers:

Lack of experience in judging. Lol. Aren’t everyone allowed to vote for the livery they like? The Photo Mode Competition uses the exact same formula and I’ve yet to see someone comment they won’t enter because of others lack of ‘skill’ to either vote or enter a good image. :lol:

I’d love to say yes to this but having the option to vote for as many as you want or just one makes it hard to enforce what I previously said - that each member can only vote for three. People would ignore this in a heartbeat, making the poll invalid and needs to be reset all the time.

If a 3-vote feature is implemented I will consider it though. I also think a lot more than one entry deserves a vote, but I don’t see how voting for more than three makes it competitive enough, if you know what I mean. :)

You’re saying the people here don’t have experience to vote for what they think look good? It’s not meant to be a competition judged by pro irl livery makers / photographers. It’s for the community, by the community.

You can judge them together. You just don’t know how to, by the sound of it.
You can judge based on execution and if all elements blend together well, or you can judge it by how nice it looks. Simple as that.

The one that is the most appealing to you is the one you should vote for. It isn’t harder than that. Noone here is incompetent. We all are capable of executing a good vote. We all have our own taste; it’s very individual. You may like something I dislike and vice versa. Does it mean I’m not experienced enough to judge if I vote different from you?
Yes it's true, you don't have enought experience. Judging livery is something that require experience, more than what you think. It's not just personal taste, expecially for race livery.

Yes it's true, you don't have enought experience. Judging livery is something that require experience, more than what you think. It's not just personal taste, expecially for race livery.
Lol thank you for your honest opinion.
Let me answer by saying you don’t know anything about me to accuse me of not having enough experience. It’s quite rude actually.

Judging a livery in real life or in a competition where you can actually win something, sure, you need to judge it more than just personal taste. As this is just a forum and a competition meant for fun and for everyone, it doesn’t matter how you judge. As long as you vote for one you like.

No my decision is not on my result, but on the others car results! I can't say more because I don't want to offend who make some liveries.
If a casual and totaly wrong livery can fight for the the win it mean that also the competition is totaly casual, and I need to compete for have fun.

Some interesting comments here.
1. A 'totally wrong livery', do you mean inaccurate such as Silk Cut on a Porsche? or maybe inappropriate where multiple competing sponsors appear on the same car. The second I personally do not like and would influence my voting. The first, why not?
2. 'Impossible to judge' - I do not agree with, although it can be harder to make a fictional livery standout, as a livery based on a familiar colour scheme and style (might) initially be easier on the eye.
3. Jury without experience - No experience is required, our submissions are judged based on varying degrees of talent, experience, skill, knowledge, and understanding of the criteria. In both this, and other competitions I feel I have a different opinion - so this is also a learning opportunity for me.

Judging by the number of poorly designed and executed liveries in the real world I'd also question the 'experience' of many team owners/sponsors.

'Good design' is highly subjective and experience doesn't mean jack if the client wants something specific. In this case most of the voters are no different to a real world 'inexperienced' client.

I'd love to hear your justification for how you're more experienced than anyone else on this site!

I agree it is hard to compare fictional to replica liveries but that will change with each round as some rounds will force entries one way or another. So some weeks replicas will not be allowed and vice versa.

With any competition of this nature you will always find the majority of people will make a snap decision based on visual appeal before considering detail/execution. Type of car will also have a big effect, as people will generally vote for their favourite brands.

In round 1 I'd considered making a replica of the RM Skyline GT-R but decided the NSX has more appeal. (As it happens, someone went ahead and made a RM themed GT-R and it struggled to get votes). Equally when I entered the Clio in Round 2 I knew it would be unpopular compared the numerous Gr.3 cars, but I fancied the challenge of making something different at the risk of not winning.

I've been planning what I enter in the Round 5 competition once I'm back home and having seen some great replica entries so far, I'm feeling a little put off to go down the fictional route. But if I do enter it will be with a fictional entry as I want to try and push myself to try something different and hope that people like the results.

If it's any consolation I really liked your TT for the GTP round and had it been eligible would have picked that. (Instead I voted for the track-day styled GT86 as I liked the realistic approach).

This round I voted for @MatskiMonk 's BMW as the fine detail on the pattern work must have taken a lot of time. As a massive Tranformers fan your's was a close second, I massively respect the effort involved with the double mask on the sides but when it came down to it I just prefer the look of the BMW more.
A livery competition is about creating a livery, unfortunally who organise this comp believe that the opinion of others people and there's experience are not important. In all these years I never see a livery comp with replicas paint. Its clear that the creator of the design is a professionist, not a gamer, the gamer is just executor. So I can only judge the execution.
I do an example, in the Forza Idol comp the judgment of the jury was based on base lines, overall looking, realism, sponsor choise and sponsor placement, execution. If we judge a replica we can only judge execution, because the rest is made by another person, so you can take a judgmet in a thing that is not your.
Making a fictional livery is very harder than make a replica, this is why some people have amazing replicas livery but when its time to create something is clear that they are beginners.

Judging by the number of poorly designed and executed liveries in the real world I'd also question the 'experience' of many team owners/sponsors.

'Good design' is highly subjective and experience doesn't mean jack if the client wants something specific. In this case most of the voters are no different to a real world 'inexperienced' client.

I'd love to hear your justification for how you're more experienced than anyone else on this site!
I start painting 8 years ago, if 8 years are not a justification......
But I also speak with so many friend and painters from almost years....people well knowed is the livery gaming community. Their opinion is the same of mine. So many errors in liveries, you never see a supergt huge numberplate in the back of a gt 500?

A livery competition is about creating a livery, unfortunally who organise this comp believe that the opinion of others people and there's experience are not important. In all these years I never see a livery comp with replicas paint. Its clear that the creator of the design is a professionist, not a gamer, the gamer is just executor. So I can only judge the execution.
I do an example, in the Forza Idol comp the judgment of the jury was based on base lines, overall looking, realism, sponsor choise and sponsor placement, execution. If we judge a replica we can only judge execution, because the rest is made by another person, so you can take a judgmet in a thing that is not your.
Making a fictional livery is very harder than make a replica, this is why some people have amazing replicas livery but when its time to create something is clear that they are beginners.
Lol. So I should restrict this competition to professionals only then? Do you hear what you’re saying? This forum is for everyone. I don’t want Forza talk here, this is a Gran Turismo forum. If you want to discuss Forza go to the respected subforum.

Everyones opinion matters, professional artist or casual gamer. I have to repeat myself again. This competition is for everyone.

Yes, making fantasy liveries is harder than making replicas. So what? That’s how you learn.

I start painting 8 years ago, if 8 years are not a justification......
But I also speak with so many friend and painters from almost years....people well knowed is the livery gaming community. Their opinion is the same of mine. So many errors in liveries, you never see a supergt huge numberplate in the back of a gt 500?

Wow 8 years. Congratulations. Doesn’t mean you are more experienced than those who have worked for 2. I don’t want to bring justice here by saying how many years I’ve been at it, but it’s more than 8, I can tell you that much.

Now, if you all could be so kind. We’re ending this silly discussion right now.

@uccio21 I sincerily hope you accept that this competition is for
so that we all can have a good time making liveries and showing them off, no matter if they know it’s good enough to win or not. As for voting - let’s continue like we’ve done so well so far, the PMC has worked for years like this so why shouldn’t the LEC.

If you don’t accept what I’m saying then I suggest you stop coming to these competitions and post your liveries elsewhere.

Ahahaha no one is a professionist here ahahahahahah
Everyone can take part and made a livery, don't make useless comments please.
So for made a fictional livery you have to be a pro? Ahahahahha
Good bye Syntex

Lol. So I should restrict this competition to professionals only then? Do you hear what you’re saying? This forum is for everyone. I don’t want Forza talk here, this is a Gran Turismo forum. If you want to discuss Forza go to the respected subforum.

Everyones opinion matters, professional artist or casual gamer. I have to repeat myself again. This competition is for everyone.

Yes, making fantasy liveries is harder than making replicas. So what? That’s how you learn.

Wow 8 years. Congratulations. Doesn’t mean you are more experienced than those who have worked for 2. I don’t want to bring justice here by saying how many years I’ve been at it, but it’s more than 8, I can tell you that much.

Now, if you all could be so kind. We’re ending this silly discussion right now.

@uccio21 I sincerily hope you accept that this competition is for

so that we all can have a good time making liveries and showing them off, no matter if they know it’s good enough to win or not. As for voting - let’s continue like we’ve done so well so far, the PMC has worked for years like this so why shouldn’t the LEC.

If you don’t accept what I’m saying then I suggest you stop coming to these competitions and post your liveries elsewhere.
No is the opposite, you learn making fantasy livery, if you keep making only replicas you never learn

You already can limit number of choices ;)

So if I like Yokohama tires more than Pirelli tires I should then vote for the livery with Yokohama sponsors? :dunce:
Another testimony of inexperience, if you use a real championship you have to follow some rules. Tyres of Imsa are Continental.....Sponsor in Nurburgring must be Falken and Bilstein etc...Supergt have some rules, number position, Kumamon, tyres, ecc
Sponsor choise is also about the nationality and the importance of the championship, is important that sponsors are realistic with the era also. For example if you put a PlayStation logo on a Ford gt 40 of 1966 you wrong.
If you put blancpain championship logos as sponsor everywhere and in different championship you are doing unrealistic things.
This is the way people judge is every contest I know, but is clear that you are special :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back