• Both versions

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters

Nicksfix

OSU Buckeyes baby !!!
Premium
United States
Buckeye Nation
When you purchase GT5,will you just get the NTSC version,will you just get the PAL version,or will you go all out and get both versions so you can race with some of the worlds best guys out there from either side (depending on where you are from) ?

Me personally,I will probably get both.
I would like the chance to (try to race) with some of the worlds best guys out there .

Last edited:
I think its a highly likely possibility they will region lock the game actually, judging by how well the world events in Prologue work, I think they would choose to provide the best experience for all.
It would obviously be preferrable to make it an option for private lobbies but I'm not sure how they would implement that.

I really don't think there will be any region locks. The reason why they have them now is to see how would every would fair.

Voted Pal but if we don´t get to invite and racy anyone we please from around the world i´ll get a bit dissapointed, so no region locks please PD. :)

When you purchase GT5,will you just get the NTSC version,will you just get the PAL version,or will you go all out and get both versions so you can race with some of the worlds best guys out there from either side (depending on where you are from) ?

Me personally,I will probably get both.
I would like the chance to try to race with some of the worlds best guys out there .

There won't be region lock in FULL game. For most events there will be, there will be JAPAN, Euro and US events.. but most will be region free.

There won't be region lock in FULL game. For most events there will be, there will be JAPAN, Euro and US events.. but most will be region free.

Very interesting.

That would be nice.Not trying to be smart or anything like that,but is there any evidence that it won't be region locked ?

If there is,I missed out on it somewhere. :dunce:

Im just hoping the Pal version wont have Nascar races in career mode but thats probably wishful thinking. (putting on flame resisant suit)

Just PAL, all the best racers are in Europe anyway... :scared:

Im just hoping the Pal version wont have Nascar races in career mode but thats probably wishful thinking. (putting on flame resisant suit)

Any room for one more in their with you pal? :lol:

I really hope the game isn't region locked, it would be great to race the NSTC racers.

NTSC, as i live in Canada, and i'm not buying PAL version for another 60$ plus shipping

The game itself won't be region locked but inter region play might be, but there is a world event in the pro online racing in GT5P now.

I'l only get the PAL version though.

PAL GT's have always had better opening movies, except for GT4. But where would I get a PAL copy from? I am forced to get NTSC. But because of so many people on PAL, you get so many race failures because of so many different people with different connections.

PAL GT's have always had better opening movies, except for GT4. But where would I get a PAL copy from? I am forced to get NTSC. But because of so many people on PAL, you get so many race failures because of so many different people with different connections.

Quality of the connections in Europe are pretty good ;)

Especially in the North-West part of Europe.

Shouldn't have any region locks so I'll import the japan version and get the PAL one too :D

Probably NTSC since by importing it from Canada, I can save 30 dollars. But I don't think I'll be able to wait for delivery so I'll just buy it local and get the PAL version.

NTSC.Because I live in Canada, I don't want to order on the net and its the version they will sell at my local wal mart.

WAL MART FTW:lol::D

Man alot of the Gt Planet members are over the pound.

the poll numbers look about right, GT5P only sold about 700k in NTSC, but about 2.5 million in PAL territories

Very interesting.

That would be nice.Not trying to be smart or anything like that,but is there any evidence that it won't be region locked ?

If there is,I missed out on it somewhere. :dunce:

Well why would they lock full version?
Even in Prologue the FUJU 10 LAP on PRO is unlocked. I was racing with couple people from JAPAN the other day. So no reason full game should be locked.

Back