[POLL] How are you going to choose your next-gen console?

• Thread starter Lukanyon
  • 53 comments

How are you going to decide which next-gen console to buy? (PS5 or Xbox Series X)

• I'm going to buy the most powerful.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm going to buy based on exclusive games.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I'm going to buy the one with the best racing games.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I'm going to buy based on my current console (from PS4 to PS5 / from XOne to Series X)

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • I'm going to buy both of them.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I will not buy either.

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • I'm going to buy based on the best VR experience.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I think the one that gets discount first is the one I'll get. I think my current collection of consoles and my PC should be good enough for quite some time to come, so I'm not really in any rush to get next generation consoles.

Might get the new Xbox controller at the very least, once it gets a PC support.

Will definitely stick with playstation as I have since ps1.

Wont be buying it for a long long time though, generation steps are so small these days that I dont feel the need to upgrade like I once did.

The graphical jump from ps1 to ps2 (mgs2 trailer blew my mind) was amazing, from ps2 to ps3 (gt5 prologue in particular)it brought hd graphics.

Ever since then I haven't noticed a big enough difference to jump into the next generation so soon, games are mostly the same as they were back in the day with little new ideas or big graphical jumps.

I'll probably pick up a PS5 and stick to playing Xbox exclusive games on PC as long as they keep putting them on PC.

Will definitely stick with playstation as I have since ps1.

Wont be buying it for a long long time though, generation steps are so small these days that I dont feel the need to upgrade like I once did.

The graphical jump from ps1 to ps2 (mgs2 trailer blew my mind) was amazing, from ps2 to ps3 (gt5 prologue in particular)it brought hd graphics.

Ever since then I haven't noticed a big enough difference to jump into the next generation so soon, games are mostly the same as they were back in the day with little new ideas or big graphical jumps.
But it's surprising that they have sold at least 100 million units... except for the PS3, of course.

I hope the one they'll release this year will achieve the same feat, too.

But it's surprising that they have sold at least 100 million units... except for the PS3, of course.

I hope the one they'll release this year will achieve the same feat, too.

Certainly surprised me how well the PS4 has sold.

PS3 would have done better too if it wasnt for the high price tag at launch.

Remains to be seen what happens with the PS5 and new Xbox, things will be a bit closer this generation I think.

I'll buy the PS5 for sure, but I probably hold off on Xbox, mainly because I just built a PC. And it seems like most of their exclusives, are going on PC anyways.

Certainly surprised me how well the PS4 has sold.

PS3 would have done better too if it wasnt for the high price tag at launch.

Remains to be seen what happens with the PS5 and new Xbox, things will be a bit closer this generation I think.
The complicated internal Cell structure of the system initially ruined it from game developers during launch, therefore making it unattractive and the reason for its somewhat marginal lifetime sales.

While I’m mostly and always have been a PC gamer, console wise I’ve kinda become locked into the playstation walled garden and, to be honest, don't see any reason to leave.

The biggest ‘test’ as a Playstation user was the 3, and as a HUGE MGS fanboy and with MGS4 being an exclusive to the PS3 that decision was kinda taken away from me. So for this next generation an Xbox isn’t even a realistic interest. All it’s major titles will come to PC and probably Steam, and Sony has Gran Turismo and Kojima tied up. Not only that but if the rumours are true, the 5 will allow me to go back into my vast catalogue that goes back 4/5(?) generations.

I've owned both the Xbox One and PS4. I had a ton more time invested in the xbox but I still like the PS4 better. So I will be going with the PS5 mostly for the next GT.

I might look into getting a good PC setup as well. I see no point in buying an Xbox if I want to get a PC.

Xbox is not bad(got a slim s), probably the even more advanced overall packet then a ps4.
But since microsoft have implemented the PC into the xbox gaming stuff, there is no need for a xbox anymore, at least if you have a solid gaming rig.
Gamespass, the trophies, friendlist, streaming, everything is build in on win10.
Over the years it have become a nice symbiosys of xbox services and PC power.
Also, on pc you don't need that stupid monthly subscription to play online.

I voted: Other

As someone who typically buys all 3 Consoles in a generation (Sony, MS and Nintendo) but skipped the PS4 the last go around, I am still very undecided at this point. If I'm leaning towards anything right now, it's upgrading the current Gaming PC that I have and just sticking with that from now on. Ever since MS made their first party titles like Forza available on PC, it's getting harder to justify buying a MS console. Gaming PC's are a lot more money but not when you consider the other uses for having a PC.

The price point of the console will play a large part in whether I get one or not. If it's prohibitively expensive (in comparison to just paying a little more and getting the PC), then the PC option will make more sense to me.

To put some numbers to this formula, a console price tag that is $500-600 will get a much longer look from me. If it's over that, then I will likely not get the console (at least until a price drop).

Other. I switched to PC gaming entirely last gen, and I have no regrets. When the time comes around, I'll just upgrade my PC.
I wonder if going for an ROG laptop or desktop will be more worth for the money compared to having two consoles someday.

I wonder if going for an ROG laptop or desktop will be more worth for the money compared to having two consoles someday.
I personally don't think going with a pre-built is worth it (with a few rare exceptions).

I know a few people that use their PC's for multiplatforms and keep one (or several) consoles for exclusives. That's probably the ideal method, but it's obviously not for everyone.

Buying a prebuild PC is like shopping on a highway gas station or use money as toilett paper.
You get the worst crap that you dont even need, for the double to tripple price.
Dont be a fool and buy pre build pc´s.
They are made for idiots with zero clue about anything.

Back