[POLL] How long have you ever left your PS3 running and did it fail?

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 90 comments
Launch Day 60GB Fatty, been used every day since launch, games, music, films etc. Had left it on for weeks when gt5 came out. Didn't get YLOD but blu ray drive no longer works. Had upgraded HD to 320GB, so just bought a slim to replace it. That means we have 4 PS3's in the house!!!!:scared:

Faty 60gb BWC Bought it on release EU day i had it running F@H for a month just a few months after i bought it, and got YLOD just a month or so before GT5 was released.

The slim that i have now is the one with the latest hardware revision, got it as bundle with GT5 (when gt5 was released) and i had it more than 2 months running gt5 and it still at tip top condition.

Those stats will never work: most people who have had problems with their PS3 will tend to participate while most people who didn't will ignore the poll altogether.

Although I appreciate the effort.

Your poll assumes that leaving the PS3 on for extented periods caused the YLOD, which in the very extended cases might be true but this question:

Less than 24 hours and YLOD. [FATTY PS3]

The YLOD mightnt have been because it was on for ages for everyone that voted, it might have died after 5 mins or a hour or two. so it throws the results of your poll abit

Those stats will never work: most people who have had problems with their PS3 will tend to participate while most people who didn't will ignore the poll altogether.

Although I appreciate the effort.

I agree with this, those who's PS3s have died will me more inclinded to vote.

But interesting all the same

Left my slim on for just over 6 days while I did Le Mans 24 hour, no ill effects.

I leave it on for 24+ hours all the time to do B-Sped endurance races, although all my friends with Xbox 360s call BS :lol:

I had my fatty shut down due to overheating in less than 24 hours but didn't vote it down. That is a fail in my book. Now I have a slim and no problems yet. Let's see what happens when it enters the summer again in a few months. (Living in the Philippines).

My old fat 40Gb has been left on for about a week before, just swapping between games, music and blurays. My 60Gb has issues playing PS2 games and overheats regularly, but what can you expect for £100?

I cant really answer the poll, as iv had 3 fat ps3 ylods (1 from gt5), a laser fault (while on gt5, not caused by it though), and a slim Rlod... Yes Rlod! while on gt5

I've only done a few long (6 hour) sessions of 4 person Rock Band, and a few 4 hour sessions GT5. HDMI 720p and all is well. The PS3 Fat stays cool in the basement. :)

I let stupid bob to do a 2 hour race in a dodge SRT10 and i watched all of it (fell asleep) and he came $$$$$

he came 5th ?

When my PS3 isn't gaming, I'm using FAH. Aside from brownouts and cleaning outages it's been turned on since I purchased it 3 springs ago.

40GB Fat, upgraded to a 320GB 7200RPM drive.

I have an original 60GB Fat PS3. I've never had it on for 24 hours or longer, and when I do use it it gets VERY hot (I don't have an extra fan on it but I keep it in a place where it gets as much air as it can, it stands vertically) So I can't really trust it for longer than say 12 hours. No issues with it yet and trying to keep it that way, so I never do overnight/work grinds or the 24-hour enduros, just to be safe.
Actually.... *goes to back up saves*

I did 4 b spec 24h races in a row on my fatty ps3 and then I went online for a few hours an it was all fine :)

Our 60 Gb launch PS3 died and don't think I ever left it on for more than 24 hours. However, it was RLOD (red) and not YLOD.

Left the 320 Gb Slim on for more than 24 hours and nothing has yet to happen.

Here's a question for you guys.

If you turn the TV off with the PS3 running (as you might when doing a long-ass B-spec or remote racing)...
Does the fan stop or slow down due to no output from the graphics card?💡

I have just redone my PS3 (80gb fatty) with Arctic Silver 5, previously it would randomly shut down when (i assume) things got to hot, and every time when I turned the TV off and left the PS3 running.

So yesterday did the AC5 and it hasn't shut down on me yet 👍 with the TV on, even when running the JGTC round at Suzuka in the rain (which use to make it die within a lap).

However if I turn the TV off or switch over to PC the PS3 shuts down red light blinks and you get the 3 beeps. :nervous:

I have an original 60GB Fat PS3. I've never had it on for 24 hours or longer, and when I do use it it gets VERY hot (I don't have an extra fan on it but I keep it in a place where it gets as much air as it can, it stands vertically) So I can't really trust it for longer than say 12 hours. No issues with it yet and trying to keep it that way, so I never do overnight/work grinds or the 24-hour enduros, just to be safe.
Actually.... *goes to back up saves*

This is me too. :lol:

Back