POLL: How would you rate yourself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedextreme8177
  • 76 comments
  • 4,307 views

How would you rate yourself?


  • Total voters
    291
Messages
3,220
Maldives
Maldives
Messages
zedextreme8177
"I haz te skillz":D I am fast enough to regularly get top laptimes during freeruns, though perfect consistency is one of my weak points during the race itself:ouch:

Still can't catch the guys at the top of the leaderboards, usually 1 second off, limited to some extent by the fact that I'm stuck with a DS3:(
 
Last edited:
Near-uncatchable.

I'm certainly not the best, but I have raced using a Controller since the PS1 days, I can change my racing style on track and still keep it clean, usually resulting in 1st or 2nd.

I probably should of chosen the bottom one, but I don't want to confirm I'm a legend and look stupid.
 
Last edited:
I don't know what I am because I don't what to consider. Also, things are different between wheel and DS3 users (me). But I consider that I haz te skillz:)
 
I am the GT god, underneath my problems that lie mostly within a lack of speed! Honestly, i have no idea. I'm pretty decent but it depends on what you mean.

You have

> The time trialer, a guy who will analyse and practice a track to perfection, chasing tenths by breaking down the track into small sections to perfect.

> Improvisational driver, who can jump in and adapt quickly and perform well in many scenarios, but not necessarily the fastest in a time trial.

> Racer, decent (but not always the best) at both of the above, someone who can keep a cool head and see the bigger picture to win a race staying strong for the long haul.

I am a decent time trialer, a decent racer and not a very good improvisational driver. Hard to tell how good at time trial i am as being good at it is as much about spending time and analysing as it is natural driving. On iRacing i spent a lot of time at Lime Rock and i had a very strong understanding of the circuit, to the point where i was within 0.3s of the fastest time, but that was a result of many many laps of practice, time trial and racing.
 
I consider myself a decent player, obviously not the fastest, but competitive for the average online room.
I think that my biggest quality is the fact that I can run fairly consistent lap times instead of, maybe one qualifying lap and two mediocre laps, then another fast lap...
That, and the fact that I try to drive as smooth as possible so that my tires can last a bit longer.
By the way, G27 user here :)
 
Half decent.
When I drive in offline practice, I think that I'm so good at this... But when I go to online, there are people way faster than me...
 
I haz te skillz... I think... or at least I do in a 5 tonne ambulance ;)
 
I consider myself decent, but that's very optimistically looking, I fail at time trials, but races I usually come top 3 online.
 
Decent. I have lucky moments at times though.
 
Lol bet you push hard ;)

That's what she...

Nevermind.:p

I know I'm pretty good. I put experienced.
I'm obviously not the best and I usually don't win. I can keep the car on the track and put down good lap times. I often find myself in an inferior car though, and I'd rather race for fun than smash my way to first and piss everyone off.

The problem is that I'm not super competitive and I actually don't play a whole lot. But I'm far from trash though.
 
Decent.
GT-God at Nascar though but everything else just decent.
 
I finished 28th out of over 10,000 in the SE in the GTA so i think i have skills.
 
Where's the option "Utterly useless and hopeless but having fun nonetheless"?
 
I put experienced, but my humble self was close to putting half-decent. I'm usually in the top 3 of a race (with many wins), though lately I've been having a hard time getting even top 5. I must have walked under a ladder or something because I've been getting rammed all over the place.

Oh well... /end subtle rant
 
Decent, but if drifting counts, then maybe experienced? Stuck between casual and hardcore GT player (slightly more casual). Drifting's my current addiction :)
 
Halfway Decent, im trying, but photomode distracts me.
 
I haz te skills. :P

Although admittedly, every once in a while I do accidently spin out on tight turns or accidently hit a car. (I do apologize each time I hit someone though, since I hate ramming). =/
 
I am the GT god, underneath my problems that lie mostly within a lack of speed! Honestly, i have no idea. I'm pretty decent but it depends on what you mean.

You have

> The time trialer, a guy who will analyse and practice a track to perfection, chasing tenths by breaking down the track into small sections to perfect.

> Improvisational driver, who can jump in and adapt quickly and perform well in many scenarios, but not necessarily the fastest in a time trial.

> Racer, decent (but not always the best) at both of the above, someone who can keep a cool head and see the bigger picture to win a race staying strong for the long haul.

I am a decent time trialer, a decent racer and not a very good improvisational driver. Hard to tell how good at time trial i am as being good at it is as much about spending time and analysing as it is natural driving. On iRacing i spent a lot of time at Lime Rock and i had a very strong understanding of the circuit, to the point where i was within 0.3s of the fastest time, but that was a result of many many laps of practice, time trial and racing.

Mmhh, this is actually a good point. But I suppose that for the sake of the poll, I would consider an amalgamation of all 3 disciplines. After all, what kind of race driver focuses on only 1 dimension of motorracing. :sly:
 
In my house I am the ultimate driving god, mostly because nobody else lives here. 👍
 
Decent, I drive fair and honest, but in things like the GTP_WRS, I'm normally in the bottom.
 
Experienced. I think? :dopey:

I usually come first, sometimes second in online race rooms. But its the GT academy that opened my eyes that I still have work to do for those last two choices. 👍
 
I think in comparison to others here, Decent-to-Experienced

But in comparison to everyone in the world who bought and played GT5, I think higher :)
 
"I haz te skillz":D I am fast enough to regularly get top laptimes during freeruns, though perfect consistency is one of my weak points during the race itself:ouch:

Still can't catch the guys at the top of the leaderboards, usually 1 second off, limited to some extent by the fact that I'm stuck with a DS3:(

You are good at TTs, but during race you cant handle it, that should be a Half-decent for you. You only do one out of the two.
 
I thought I was pretty **** hot for a while, until I cam across a GTP race all using Z4's, was left for dead by them!
 
Back