POLL: How would you rate yourself?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedextreme8177
  • 76 comments
  • 4,307 views

How would you rate yourself?


  • Total voters
    291
I think I'm decent. I have to work on being aggresive and tidy at the same time though.
 
I'd say I'm decent...race clean and try hard...mostly finish in top half unless I make a real error or someone being plain old dirty
 
I think I am decent I can get clean laps and if I have similar cars to online players I can get 3rd 4th or 5th
 
Yardang
because I've been getting rammed all over the place.

HAHA that's what she said!!

(don't blame me someone else started it in this thread...)

I put I have the skillz. Maybe being a little optimistic but I've golded everything jn the game without too much trouble. Haven't raced much online but I've won a race or two however I know there people out there way way better than me.
Interesting poll idea.
 
Last edited:
I'm not bad I'd consider myself as a racer though. I don't have much luck in lap times but I can race pretty well. And I'm using a DS3 with all assists off so I think I'm not that bad. Get gold or silver in most things. I do like to muck around a lot though...
 
Above average, not pro (using sixaxis controller, don't have wheel).
 
Over weight, going grey and smoke too much.
 
I always thought myself really as an average driver but when I started to do online races I seem to win the most of them which surprised me. :) There are some tracks I'm not good at but at my favorite tracks I win. Consistency is not my strongest point... sometimes I make an easy mistake or two.
So I picked: skillz.
 
Gentlemen. Extremely outraged with the trolling kiddos crashing everybody.
Dunno if i spelled it right, not my native language.
 
Went with Experienced. I can run laps pretty consistently and I'm patient enough to not ram people out of the way to pass them. I'll wait until it's a good time to not screw both of us over.

But I've gotten into a few races where folks were just blowing my doors off. It's fun to try and chase them down but there are some really fast peeps out there.
 
If we had a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being a complete noob that's just figuring out how to drive, 5 being completely average, and 10 being outstanding, I'd expect the community to average around 7+. The rationale behind this is that message boards don't typically represent average and below-average players very well, but rather tend to have more of the hardcore variety, which tend to skew slightly higher on the skill-o-meter.

Personally, I'm not outstanding but I'm experienced and getting more so. Over the past couple years I've ramped up several times over in my driving abilities. In other games I've typically ranked at least within the top 10% on leaderboards, typically more along the lines of the top 5%. However, these have typically been on somewhat more arcadey racers, though in FM3 most of my fastest laps are within the top 5% on the boards.
 
Well, the other day I made a mix of Shuffle races (0 Shuffle points) and restricted car races (100% fair tires restricted to those that the car comes with) in a 10 player game being me the host and I won 10 races in a row (damage was on None and penalties at Weak including Grid with False Start Check, aids were at TCS only. Race laps were setup so each race was around 10km total length).
 
Decent.

Not fast or slow -- and certainly not the best tuner -- but consistent enough to be able to have moderate success with a variety of cars on most every track.
 
Experienced

I've been video game racing for ~10 years now, and usually when I poked my head online in Prologue (don't much care for the free-for-all online that it GT5) I was usually in the top 3 or 4. I'd like to think I'm at least as good now!:sly:

And I do alot of offline, just doing hotlaps in A-Spec and trying to figure out which cars I like most in which situations, state of tune, etc.

But there are also lots of people better than me, so still have some work to do!
 
I think MoLiEG haz the skillz :dopey:
 
Half decent... i'll consider myself as decent when i'll be able to BRONZE Suzuka in the Vettel challenge :)
 
I think I'm above average but not by much, I'm just to dirty and aggressive to be that fast especially in hot laps
 
I voted for "Experienced" and think that's about right. I play since the first GT and will be golding all events/licences and so on, but I'm not very consistent and there are guys out there doing laptimes I can only wish for...


Good thread by the way 👍
 
Experienced. Not the best at Time Trials and really don't care for drifting even though I still try both to see how good I am.

When I race online, I usually finish in the top half and battle for a podium spot.
 
Decent i think. I can be fast, i can drive any car on any track without problem with good results, but i'm not one of the best. Maybe because i use a ds3, i don't know, but when i see people with a wheel doing amazing lap times i feel incredibly slow.
Anyway, my real problem is that i'm not always consistent... and sometime i make stupid mistakes when i'm in a good position LOL
...I'm good on shuffle race and when everyone have the same car, though.
 
Last edited:
I haz teh skillz.


I'm not consistently great and have yet to do better than a Bronze on the vettel challenge(probably because I haven't tired since I first got the bronze), but when I'm in a good mood, and I'm really into the game, I can amaze myself. I've actually gotten pissed off trying to beat my own ghost on the Nurburgring before, If I didn't know it was my ghost I could've sworn it was cheating.
So really, when I'm in the right mood, I'm "Near Untouchable" but 80% of the time I would consider myself "Experienced" so I figured that should average out to somewhere in the "I have teh skillz" category.
 
Short Anwser, avarage! Long Anwser aavvaarraaggee!
 
I consider myself decent. I would like to think my driving skill is roughly equivalent to Jeremy Clarkson or Richard Hammond; good enough to handle driving at the limit in most cars, but certainly not near the skill level of professional racers.
 
In my Fiat 500 F '68,Cappuccino & RM Elise i'm pretty decent.In an FGT ,X2010 etc i'm pretty damn poor to be honest.
oh it also depends on track for me Suzuka i'd struggle getting round on a push bike for some reason.
 
You are good at TTs, but during race you cant handle it, that should be a Half-decent for you. You only do one out of the two.

I may make mistakes during races, but I do usually manage to claw back any time lost by the finish line by driving as fast possible, usually coming within the top 3;)

Although I usually only race on the Nurburgring online:ouch:
 
Back