Poll: Like Spectator Mode or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT_Prologue5
  • 65 comments
  • 5,658 views

Do you think Spectator Mode is good or not?

  • Yes, I think it's a great advancement.

    Votes: 121 91.0%
  • No, I would rather race then watch others.

    Votes: 12 9.0%

  • Total voters
    133
Having a spectator mode is the biggest technical limitation with having in race driver switches. That is the key missing feature for having endurance races. I would love to be able to do a proper 12hour endurance race with proper driver changes. With spectator mode working, PD just needs to implement a way to switch a spectator for a driver. It would be easy to make that a pit stop option. I hope PD has thought of that.
Finally, someone who wants to see this included in the game.👍
However, if it is indeed in the game, it will probably be limited to the endurance races (which is proper, according to endurance racing tradition and rules.) I would like to see that, but it isn't a necessity.
 
Wow, you must have gotten out of bed with the wrong foot or something.

Absolutely no pun or instult intented when I wrote 'invisible poll'! You took it the wrong way for nothing.

Leave GTP for a couple of hours, calm down and then come back.



https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3949759&page=3#post3949759

Keep up this attitude and you'll get more infractions. Just a friendly warning. (I clearly have to write that down or he gets even more mad). I'm not going to respond to your visistor message, it's not worth it. ;)

Sorry I just meant it as a joke I wasn't really mad or anything.
 
Sorry for saying this, but you really need to get out more. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also, instead of losing your mind you could just add the poll and everyone would be hapy.

EDIT 2: On the subject. Yes, spectator mode will be cool.

I didn't know how to add the poll....yeah, maybe I should get out more. Didn't mean to offend anyone
 
Spectator mode is really cool, I've enjoyed the video. 👍

I'm one of the GT fans who grew up and assumed more responsabilities in an adult age, so I won't really have the required time to nail and learn every track and every car, as I always used to do in previous GTs, being so, I'll watch some races online to learn how the fastest drivers keep the best line and their clean overtaking maneuvers, for sure it will be a nice addition.
 
I think its fantastic and I also noticed back in the GT Academy screenshots of the race lobby system that you can also save replays from online races too.
Both of these are greats news for organised racing on places like right here on GTPlanet.
It makes stewarding of events a million times easier. Now we don't have to depend on the drivers involved to tell the truth.
It makes teaching each other to be better drivers far easier too. It can be used in combination with those organised teaching races from the Prologue race forum.

Also the idea of saving online replays means a variety of new ideas can be tried such as:
Creating our own highlights commentary.
Creating videos and screenshots of more than 1 car more easily, opening the door to perhaps our own racing guides to racing lines, racing ettiquette, etc?

A regular problem I come across is explaining why certain racing lines or moves during a race or right or wrong to those who don't have much experience. Most guides to racing only cover particular corners and situations generally. Imagine if we could comprehensively cover all racing lines and scenarios in video form? Like, for example, all the different lines and situations that can happen at Casio at Suzuka.

There are many creative people in this community and these features will be used. 👍
 
Personally, I don't really care for a spectator mode. I'll probably fire GT up to either race, tune, or take pictures, but not to watch other guys racing.

But, then again, I've got to admit, watching some of the better racers out there might get more interesting than I'm imagining it to be right now, so it might, in the end, turn out to be a feature I'd be willing to use on an ocassional basis.

If I was into endurance racing, I'd probably be more thrilled to see spectator mode added, but due to time constraints, it's not something I'm able to enjoy :P
 
I quite like it specially if you have 16 racers and 32 drivers,in cases of endurances multiplayer races it would be boring for the second driver to see a menu screen instead of the current race, I think that is how PD thought about it,2 hour races with 8 teams and two drivers in each team,with a driver swap in the middle of the race,in that meaning it does make sense and will be really cool.
 
This can only be good, because when I watch in spectator mode I can see who is a potential threat to me when there's a championship at stake. I can also check out who the punters are and who are the clean racers. Just sitting back after a long or angry race I can go to spectator mode and maybe see who it was or just watch.

If you don't want to take part in spectator mode then do not. We will not miss you we'll just see you and laugh as you fall off the track :lol:
 
Makes a nice screensaver!

Especially if there was an option to run GT5 unattended, and have it log onto random online games in spectator mode :dopey:
Good way to kill time when waiting for races as well
 
Is there a free-roam mode online?
 
Not a bad feature, i have no interest in racing online but i can easily see myself chilling out watching a few races or events.

Could also be useful for stewarding, say for a gtplanet league race there could be nominated stewards to ensure no naughtiness.
 
GT_Prologue5 and I are back on the same page! 👍


:)
 
I bet the 7 guys who voted no believes this feature could be replaced by a couple of premium cars. :lol:
 
Unfortunatly your probably right.

I think its a great feature, will be interesting to keep an eye on certain racers, see how they race and so on, as well as just entertainment value if your waiting for a race that you are entering to start.
 
I bet the 7 guys who voted no believes this feature could be replaced by a couple of premium cars. :lol:

Yeah, right? I mean just calm on the premium. GT5 isn't the end of GT as we know it. I personally voted yes, so I'm not part of the disagreers.

GT_Prologue5 and I are back on the same page! 👍

:)

Yes we are. Thanks for the understanding.
 
Its a awesome features. I do not know how many spectators can watch, but so far we know 16 people can race, while 16 people watch. So, if GTPLANET has a championships with best gtp players, we someone can spectate, watch for rules of each player, as well somneone can record the video and post it on youtube with cool voiceover. SO F'YEAH spectator mode for the win.
 
Is there a free-roam mode online?

You mean track-days? If so, then yes. I think.

This spectator mode will be great for making videos. Live footage combined with the option to upload straight to Youtube will make for some exciting stuff.

Does anyone know if we will have online replays? Not spectator mode, but a normal replay of an online race.
 
Its a awesome features. I do not know how many spectators can watch, but so far we know 16 people can race, while 16 people watch. So, if GTPLANET has a championships with best gtp players, we someone can spectate, watch for rules of each player, as well somneone can record the video and post it on youtube with cool voiceover. SO F'YEAH spectator mode for the win.

Gives me another idea, who says they ust have to spectate, you could have 16 racers and then some of the spectators could be stewards or something!
 
Gives me another idea, who says they ust have to spectate, you could have 16 racers and then some of the spectators could be stewards or something!

Eh, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be implemented into GT5. I think for now they'll keep a nice, basic one.
 
This will be excellent. I think it will be especially useful in leagues made at GTP for example. We could have our massive 32 player lobbies split into two. 16 drivers racing, and 16 race stewards helping to rule on illegal overtakes, shortcuts, dangerous manouvers and the like. Races will be much fairer and the social side of getting together in such numbers could be fun too.

Great feature for lots more reasons than the one I just gave. I'll be loving this 👍

edit
: Ooops. I just noticed this post. Basically, +1 👍
Its a awesome features. I do not know how many spectators can watch, but so far we know 16 people can race, while 16 people watch. So, if GTPLANET has a championships with best gtp players, we someone can spectate, watch for rules of each player, as well somneone can record the video and post it on youtube with cool voiceover. SO F'YEAH spectator mode for the win.
 
This will be excellent. I think it will be especially useful in leagues made at GTP for example. We could have our massive 32 player lobbies split into two. 16 drivers racing, and 16 race stewards helping to rule on illegal overtakes, shortcuts, dangerous manouvers and the like. Races will be much fairer and the social side of getting together in such numbers could be fun too.

Great feature for lots more reasons than the one I just gave. I'll be loving this 👍

I been thinking about the same,there is a lot of potential for this feature
 
Let me explain why I'd love the have spectator mode, online and LAN.

Like I've said many times, I'm a graphics nut. When I use to play Gran Tursimo, I liked to watch the replays. Not only for analysing how I drove but also just to watch the marve(l)lous graphics. It can be boring at times because I'm mostly only interesting in hotlapping.

Spectator mode can be 'not' boring, :crazy: as you can see what your friends, in case of a LAN or if it's possible to watch your friends in a private lobby, are doing, who's winning etc... , while they are present at the LAN, sitting besides you. It's kind of a social thing.

If PD should make it possible to watch LAN's online in spectator mode, we can watch the UKGTP and SPGTP live. Imagine what this could do for GTP!

It would also be nice to be able to chat with the drivers when you're watching an online race in a private lobby.

👍👍👍👍 I would rather spend time in GT5 spectator mode than going to PSHome...

i agree with your above RED line sentence!



For me useless feature like 3d and head tracking. They wasted time on this stupid things instead than fully modeled cars.

Boring unwanted, unnecessary, pathetic feature. Just a glorified replay really. So I tick NO on the poll. I don't like it and won't use it. car, race, money.. that's it and replay if I like what I did.

i still prefer just 1 more car premium than all these feature.

I bet without stupid pointless features like this there would be room for more Premium cars.

It's OK that you guys only go straight to the point... but Adding those extra features will not deter any of your game experience (for what you guys like)

As for the rest of us, we welcome this feature with open arms! We will populate that area, and will gladly not see any of you two there.

;)
 
I like seeing replays online to see how players take certain corners but I will never sit there watching a live race as a spectator. It's just not for me. I'd rather be playing that watching others play. Spectator mode will get no use from me.
 
Yeah spectator mode will probably mostly be used by me when I'm waiting to join a race.

Still love it though.
 
As someone said earlier, spectator mode may lead to driver switches during endurance races in future GT games. I think this would be fantastic and is a direction I'd love to see the game take.

For THIS game I think it's a convenient feature for those who choose to use it, but it won't get much use from me.
 
All those "Premium" car complaints up there? Please try to keep those from your reply as much as possible, I'm not saying you can't (and, hey, I'm no moderator) but if you're going to say stuff like that, head over to the "standard vs. premium" thread. Thank you.

And look at those numbers! 81 to 9. People are lovin' da' new features. I know it'll be used by me (if I get my PSN up ever again.)
It's just something that'll draw you in more. I mean, even if the cars had no interior, you'd still buy it. I fit had less tracks, you'd still buy it.
If it only had 100 cars, you'd still buy GT5. Why? Cause you're a GTPlanet person, and you should be proud of that. I'm just saying that cause these GT5 forums have been overflowed with "want,want,want" speculation (not a bad thing, but some are overdoing it with the amount of threads here.) Just my 2 cents and 140 words.
 
Last edited:
Another great feature in my opinion. I remember in Killzone 2 sometimes I didn't really feel like getting into the action so I would join the game in spectator mode and just watch from the sidelines. You could choose the person to view, or stationary cameras throughout the map, it was pretty cool. Now being able to spectate live races is even better. I'm sure I would want to race when I get on GT5, but it just brings another aspect to the game in which others can enjoy. I'm also thinking this could be part of endurance races to swap drivers.
 
Its a awesome features. I do not know how many spectators can watch, but so far we know 16 people can race, while 16 people watch. So, if GTPLANET has a championships with best gtp players, we someone can spectate, watch for rules of each player, as well somneone can record the video and post it on youtube with cool voiceover. SO F'YEAH spectator mode for the win.

Gives me another idea, who says they ust have to spectate, you could have 16 racers and then some of the spectators could be stewards or something!
Race mods of GTP could be the marshalls and do what the FIA does incase someone sheats or someone breaches the rules.
 
Last edited:
Yes, It's a great addition, and it would be cool to watch other competitive racing, and still be part of the voice chat in a lobby.
 
yes, i'm glad to see spectator mode is in 👍
 
Back