Poll On Modded Drift Cars

In a lobby would you report someone you don't know if they had modded drift cars?

• Total voters
Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
JDMT_13b-S13
Asking this because I'm curious to see the drifting communities view on this subject.

With your vote, give a reason why you selected yes or no.
If you don't daily or weekly post in the drift forums, don't involve yourself in this poll.

Last edited:
I vote no, as I believe it's the person's choice to use modded cars. Of course if they were being used in a lobby which doesn't allow modded cars, then I probably wouldn't report unless the person who is using them doesn't put them away after being asked to. I have no problem with modded cars, mainly drift cars. I think they're pretty cool and I like seeing them. But like I said, it's the person's choice to use them, if they don't follow a lobby's rules about modded cars then they only have themselves to blame if they get into trouble.

I voted yes and no.

Because there is the people that do it so they can have cars a set way, like 1JZ 180SX with decent fitment.
But I might actually report someone that is purposely using one of the glitched grip level chassis so then they have much more speed than everyone else and the people that have cars that have more power than whats need/really usable, like 1200HP+.

I voted yes and no.

Because there is the people that do it so they can have cars a set way, like 1JZ 180SX with decent fitment.
But I might actually report someone that is purposely using one of the glitched grip level chassis so then they have much more speed than everyone else and the people that have cars that have more power than whats need/really usable, like 1200HP+.

Yeah gotta agree with this... If the car or the behavior of the user isn't acceptable and breaking rules or causing chaos. They definitely need to be reported.

I voted no, and agree with @Streeto :lol:

My personal approach to drifting, I'll never have a reason to report anyone. I always try to put myself in a position where what others are doing has as little impact on me as possible.

If someone is drifting in a way that I don't like, whether in a modded car or not, I distance myself from them. Either by avoiding them on track, or by leaving the room. If it's a room I care about staying in, I'll usually know the host, so I'll ask for DAS BOOT!!!

Just my personal opinion, but I don't like the idea of reporting some people, but not others. When Sony and PD see the reports, they don't distinguish between a person who was reported for "abusing" a hybrid, and someone who was reported just for having one by a "hybrid-hater". All Sony and PD see is "people hacking the game!!!" Which is of course a problem for them that they will attempt to solve. And you can bet there solution will be a blanket solution which attempts to prevent everyone from modding.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like the hybrids. As with everything, there are upsides, and downsides. In this case, the downside is that some people will abuse them. I think the solution to this is to police ourselves, otherwise Sony & PD will simply take the toys away from all of us.

Rant over :)

I voted no, and agree with @Streeto :lol:

My personal approach to drifting, I'll never have a reason to report anyone. I always try to put myself in a position where what others are doing has as little impact on me as possible.

If someone is drifting in a way that I don't like, whether in a modded car or not, I distance myself from them. Either by avoiding them on track, or by leaving the room. If it's a room I care about staying in, I'll usually know the host, so I'll ask for DAS BOOT!!!

Just my personal opinion, but I don't like the idea of reporting some people, but not others. When Sony and PD see the reports, they don't distinguish between a person who was reported for "abusing" a hybrid, and someone who was reported just for having one by a "hybrid-hater". All Sony and PD see is "people hacking the game!!!" Which is of course a problem for them that they will attempt to solve. And you can bet there solution will be a blanket solution which attempts to prevent everyone from modding.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like the hybrids. As with everything, there are upsides, and downsides. In this case, the downside is that some people will abuse them. I think the solution to this is to police ourselves, otherwise Sony & PD will simply take the toys away from all of us.

Rant over :)
This.
People could be drifting 3000hp race cars and it wouldnt bother me. Reporting someone just because you dont like the way their car is modified and getting them banned is a bit harsh.

This may be slightly off topic but how are ypu guys modding the game to do all this? Im sure its some crazy programming mumbo jumbo im just curious.

Don't bring modded cars online, period. Keep it offline.

When anyone mod hacks, one should understand the risk and consequences for doing so.

Granted, I am mainly disgusted by hybrid hacks in racing rooms and not drift rooms,
but if I were to report hackers in racing rooms, I'm not going to discriminate
just because it's a drift room.

A case of rape in US will be understood as rape in India, a case of murder in China will be taken as
murder in Sri Lanka, theft in Japan will be understood as same in Canada...
and so a case of online hackers in drift rooms is the same as online hackers in racing rooms.
Hacking is hacking, and is against this, which everyone playing the game agreed to.

As in the vote, I don't know the guy, so it's not my prerogative to assume that the hacker in question
will keep to himself in drift rooms or not. He might be the nicest guy on the planet, or a douche who
produces videos showing how to hack using tools he didn't create. Doesn't matter.

Not everybody that has voted explained the choice, so is there an explicit reason as to why only
the people who voted "yes" was requested to explain their position? I don't see all 37 people who voted
"No" explaining themselves.

Because, if the sole reason for calling out the people who voted "yes" is to
personally identify the ones you don't agree with, like what p3bucky said, that is abuse and an
irresponsible use of the poll.

When anyone mod hacks, one should understand the risk and consequences for doing so.

Granted, I am mainly disgusted by hybrid hacks in racing rooms and not drift rooms,

A case of rape in US will be understood as rape in India, a case of murder in China will be taken as
and so a case of online hackers in drift rooms is the same as online hackers in racing rooms.
Hacking is hacking, and is against this, which everyone playing the game agreed to.

As in the vote, I don't know the guy, so it's not my prerogative to assume that the hacker in question
will keep to himself in drift rooms or not. He might be the nicest guy on the planet, or a douche who
produces videos showing how to hack using tools he didn't create. Doesn't matter.

Not everybody that has voted explained the choice, so is there an explicit reason as to why only
the people who voted "yes" was requested to explain their position? I don't see all 37 people who voted

personally identify the ones you don't agree with, like what p3bucky said, that is abuse and an

:rolleyes:

Please tell me more about how a modded drifting car ruins your online experience.

I also ask did you read the other replies as to why they voted no? I think that'd help a lot instead of appearing daft and being the boy who cried wolf all because you get tagged to explain why you voted no.

Also, I understand that you dislike use of hybrids per say in a competitive way such as racing, fair enough I'm sure most drifters here would agree with that.

The thing is I don't get is how a hybrid that is used for drifting ruins the online experience for others completely disregarding EULA and TOS.

Unless you're being major white knight in trying to ban them all (good luck with that), your reply didn't tell what exactly screws your gameplay over when you're drifting, as you really backed onto the fact that it's against law doesn't do much anyway.

See hybriding in GT5? Yeah well more than enough has been said.

Finally to OP, next time when you open a thread poll make the names public in order to avoid the confusion you're going through.

I like how he never said that modded drift cars ruined his experience yet you pull this claim right out of thin air.

Please give a reason why you voted yes.
@SNAILZ
@gkscoobydoo16
@GTP_Vertigo
@Downhill Dino

Weird, even after your edit (I know I wasn't originally included) I was not alerted of being tagged. Anyways, SNAILZ basically said everything I would say.

Well considering I know pretty much all the people who've voted no, I'm not really worried that they didn't give a reply.

:rolleyes:

Please tell me more about how a modded drifting car ruins your online experience.

I also ask did you read the other replies as to why they voted no? I think that'd help a lot instead of appearing daft and being the boy who cried wolf all because you get tagged to explain why you voted no.

Also, I understand that you dislike use of hybrids per say in a competitive way such as racing, fair enough I'm sure most drifters here would agree with that.

The thing is I don't get is how a hybrid that is used for drifting ruins the online experience for others completely disregarding EULA and TOS.

Unless you're being major white knight in trying to ban them all (good luck with that), your reply didn't tell what exactly screws your gameplay over when you're drifting, as you really backed onto the fact that it's against law doesn't do much anyway.

See hybriding in GT5? Yeah well more than enough has been said.

Finally to OP, next time when you open a thread poll make the names public in order to avoid the confusion you're going through.

I saw the poll and it clearly stated I wouldn't know the person, so I'll go ahead and report. I explained, it's not my prerogative to research said person will responsibly use a hacked car or not.

I also explained, I do not enjoy hackers in racing rooms, and I will not discriminate reporting just because it's a drifting room.

I did read the other replies, and that is how I came suspect of poll abuse. 1 person voted "yes" and "no" and one reply which agreed to his explanation. So I came to the conclusion that 2 people has already stated their position on why they voted "yes." 4 people are left, and coincidentally, 4 people including myself was identified to explain our position.

But you know, I didn't read the thread, and it's just coincidence right? There is no wolf and I'm the daft, confused idiot crying WOLF:bowdown:

Since I'm one of the 37 people who hasn't explained myself for answering no, I'll do so now.
First of all, I am not against Hybrids-as long as they are applicable to cars in real life. For example, I would not report a player, who has a "modded" car if his car has a realistic mod; For example: A s14/240sx with perhaps a RB20 swap. I would not report this mainly because it is The Player's choice to do so.
If he gets caught, then he will face his punishment. The only circumstances where i will report a player for hacked cars, is if he/she uses a stupid mod-For example, a 2000+hp Civic, or a car with its Power Points (PP) adjusted, so it can be used within certain rooms/races. However, based on your opinion on your opinion, i think its unfair to judge every player who has a "modded car". A certain few ruins it for the rest. Also, most of these players will only use them, IF the owner of the racing/drifting lobby allows them to use it.
I understand your point of view, and i respect it. It's not everyday when you see a Volkswagen SambaBus surpass your Corvette on a straight or a turn. :lol:
But back to the point. Many people here agree that some players who use Modded cars in competitive racing may ruin the gaming experience for you and the majority of other racers. However, in this forum, many drifters here (including me) have noticed that the players (The majority of them) who use "modded cars" use them in a respectable manner. Also, the more players who report the hackers, the more times they will come back with different accounts. If you simply kick the player from the room (or ask the host to kick the player), block him, or even leave the room. The player is likely to lose interest in Gran Turismo overall. Those sort of players are the ones who want attention. Just my opinion here.:)

Last edited:
Well considering I know pretty much all the people who've voted no, I'm not really worried that they didn't give a reply.
Have you not understood that the reader of this thread is not in the same position as you? I mean, you can say that, but can I say the same thing? I don't have the slightest clue who and what the rest of the voters think. What you should've done is tag everyone who hasn't yet replied regardless of "yes" and "no."
This is not a valid explanation to what you did, but thank you for admitting it.

Since I'm one of the 37 people who hasn't explained myself for answering no, I'll do so now.
First of all, I am not against Hybrids-as long as they are applicable to cars in real life. For example, I would not report a player, who has a "modded" car if his car has a realistic mod; For example: A s14/240sx with perhaps a RB20 swap. I would not report this mainly because it is The Player's choice to do so.
If he gets caught, then he will face his punishment. The only circumstances where i will report a player for hacked cars, is if he/she uses a stupidly mod-For example, a 2000+hp Civic, or a car with its Power Points (PP) adjusted, so it can be used within certain rooms/races. However, based on your opinion on your opinion, i think its unfair to judge every player who has a "modded car". A certain few ruins it for the rest. Also, most of these players will only use them, IF the owner of the racing/drifting lobby allows them to use it.
I understand your point of view, and i respect it. It's not everyday when you see a Volkswagen SambaBus surpass your Corvette on a straight or a turn. :lol:
But back to the point. Many people here agree that some players who use Modded cars in competitive racing may ruin the gaming experience for you and the majority of other racers. However, in this forum, many drifters here (including me) have noticed that the players (The majority of them) who use "modded cars" use them in a respectable manner. Also, the more players who report the hackers, the more times they will come back with different accounts. If you simply kick the player from the room (or ask the host to kick the player), block him, or even leave the room. The player is likely to lose interest in Gran Turismo overall. Those sort of players are the ones who want attention. Just my opinion here.:)

Yes, player's choice. And of course, I respect all opinion pertaining to the thread. Also, Thank you for identifying as one of the voters.

Will I report some one for using hacks? No
Will I kick someone for using hacks? No
Will I kick someone who ruins my online game play? Yes
Will I report someone who ruins my online game play? No

Simply put. Reporting someone just seems wrong, I'm happy to kick someone if they don't adhere to my rules.

(Sorry TH, I'm lazy and I'll use your post to write part of mine :P )

I voted NO. Report SIMPLY because of using a modded car ? Definitely no, got better things to do online. (Mostly drifting like a headless chicken)

Will I report some one for using hacks? NO
Will I kick someone for using hacks? NO
Will I kick someone who ruins my online game play? YES
Will I report someone who ruins my online game play? DEPENDS

I don't have the time and patience to report people. I've only done it a couple of times, in case of blatant stupidity, i.e;
Racist/Xenophobe/SERIOUSLY offensive stuff online.
If a player, online, on my lobby, uses a modded car, non-modded car, bicycle or whatever it is and doesn't have tracks manners, follow the general lobby rules, etc..then he will be kicked. ONLY. Not reported FFS.

Back