Poll On Modded Drift Cars

In a lobby would you report someone you don't know if they had modded drift cars?

• Total voters
I saw the poll and it clearly stated I wouldn't know the person, so I'll go ahead and report. I explained, it's not my prerogative to research said person will responsibly use a hacked car or not.

I also explained, I do not enjoy hackers in racing rooms, and I will not discriminate reporting just because it's a drifting room.

I did read the other replies, and that is how I came suspect of poll abuse. 1 person voted "yes" and "no" and one reply which agreed to his explanation. So I came to the conclusion that 2 people has already stated their position on why they voted "yes." 4 people are left, and coincidentally, 4 people including myself was identified to explain our position.

But you know, I didn't read the thread, and it's just coincidence right? There is no wolf and I'm the daft, confused idiot crying WOLF:bowdown:

You are the highest of white knights, well done.

Respect players choice of running a realistic hybrid, but still gonna report them anyway :lol:

Call me when everybody stops modding and hacking games.

I'll be glad when the next GE comes out, probably double the amount of core players online now.

You are the highest of white knights, well done.

Respect players choice of running a realistic hybrid, but still gonna report them anyway :lol:

Call me when everybody stops modding and hacking games.

I'll be glad when the next GE comes out, probably double the amount of core players online now.

The catch is, I wouldn't know the guy. If I don't know, why can I assume he'll just use realistic hybrids and stick to drift rooms? And no, I won't call you, I know it won't happen.

That doesn't mean that I shouldn't express my position on hacking and modding on online space, both inside PSN and inside GTP. Right?

I, myself, haven't found the need to explain why I voted 'No', since most people in this thread have said what it was needed to say; therefore, leaving me with nothing

more to add. Moreover, I've liked the post that I agreed with; thus, contributing with my choice.

Last edited:
Except theres an obvious difference between racing rooms and drift rooms. I agree that it would ruin peoples gameplay in racing rooms but the topic of this thread is about drift cars which would only apply to drift rooms... The only way people can ruin my gameplay in a drift room is by ramming or completely ignoring track etiquette with or without hybrids.

I don't report people. If I see something I don't like, I just leave. Although I should report said hybrid-er when they host, and don't allow nitrous.. you know; just to be a 🤬.

Except theres an obvious difference between racing rooms and drift rooms. I agree that it would ruin peoples gameplay in racing rooms but the topic of this thread is about drift cars which would only apply to drift rooms... The only way people can ruin my gameplay in a drift room is by ramming or completely ignoring track etiquette with or without hybrids.

I voted 'no'. The bold would be the only reason why I would say 'yes'. To explain the no, besides the bold statement, there's really no point in even booting someone for the reason of using a modded / hybrid, when you're all doing the same thing. I understand you (in general) like drifting with your friends, but get better at drifting with others and their styles, whether you know them or not. It builds experience and could also make you a better drifter in the end. Before judging another player due to the car they came in the lobby with and booting them out, check to see how they play first, before you do it.

The catch is, I wouldn't know the guy. If I don't know, why can I assume he'll just use realistic hybrids and stick to drift rooms? And no, I won't call you, I know it won't happen.

That doesn't mean that I shouldn't express my position on hacking and modding on online space, both inside PSN and inside GTP. Right?

So you'd still report them because you're assuming that he's going to ruin other peoples online gameplay in the future?

Fair enough, but that still sounds a bit shoddy to me.
But hey you're are a white knight and the communities gaming experience is the number 1 priority for you.

Biggest seems legit I've read today

Not even close, you should visit the general GT6 section more often.

One day, one day :lol:

So you'd still report them because you're assuming that he's going to ruin other peoples online gameplay in the future?

Fair enough, but that still sounds a bit shoddy to me.
But hey you're are a white knight and the communities gaming experience is the number 1 priority for you.

Biggest seems legit I've read today

I've been pretty clear on my thoughts, I agree that it's player's choice to hack, and it's my choice as another player to take any action that is within my rights to do so. I don't assume that the person is going to ruin others in the future.
I determine that when I see a hack, it's a hack. Hacking is hacking, and the future of gaming or the character of the hacker is irrelevant if I don't know the person. I don't assume anything. Like I said, I will not discriminate.
I do understand that this stance is rigid, but assumptions can't be used in making a claim, but if I see a clear hack, I can.

I've never said the community's gaming experience as priority 1, nor am I a "White Knight." I'm just one user.
Someone has to let Sony and PD know about hacking, and I have no problem being one of them.

If you are worried that I will report you or your friends, then don't worry.
It's obvious that reading this thread, the hybrid users in GTP are reasonable and responsible players.
I would still appreciate to keeping them offline, but I compromise. I respect the opinions. I "know" GTPers.

Also, I don't actively search for rooms that says "hybrid ok" and start reporting people left and right.

I report when the car is undeniably a hack. I only reported a handful in racing rooms, and never anyone in drifting rooms up until this point.

The title of the vote is: In a lobby would you report someone you don't know if they had modded cars?

It's a hypothetical question, and my answers always have been hypothetical.

I've been pretty clear on my thoughts, I agree that it's player's choice to hack, and it's my choice as another player to take any action that is within my rights to do so. I don't assume that the person is going to ruin others in the future.
I determine that when I see a hack, it's a hack. Hacking is hacking, and the future of gaming or the character of the hacker is irrelevant if I don't know the person. I don't assume anything. Like I said, I will not discriminate.
I do understand that this stance is rigid, but assumptions can't be used in making a claim, but if I see a clear hack, I can.

I've never said the community's gaming experience as priority 1, nor am I a "White Knight." I'm just one user.
Someone has to let Sony and PD know about hacking, and I have no problem being one of them.

If you are worried that I will report you or your friends, then don't worry.
It's obvious that reading this thread, the hybrid users in GTP are reasonable and responsible players.
I would still appreciate to keeping them offline, but I compromise. I respect the opinions. I "know" GTPers.

Also, I don't actively search for rooms that says "hybrid ok" and start reporting people left and right.

I report when the car is undeniably a hack. I only reported a handful in racing rooms, and never anyone in drifting rooms up until this point.

The title of the vote is: In a lobby would you report someone you don't know if they had modded cars?

It's a hypothetical question, and my answers always have been hypothetical.

I don't use hybrids.

I'm sure they appreciate you reporting about hybrids but me thinks it's pretty clear PD know what exactly is going on :lol:

I won't report them, unless there's a too crazy mod with over 1500hp stuff

Let people play like they want to play

Reporting people should only when they really deserve it, not when they want to have more fun than they already did

If the person with the hybrid doesn't ruin anyone's online experience I won't even kick him

I would love some hybrids myself so why would I report them?

Before this continues, let's focus on another part of the poll title:
In a lobby would you report someone you don't know if they had modded drift cars?

This isn't about modded cars in general, this is specifically about drift cars. If you don't drift this isn't aimed at you.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't report anyone that's drifting a modded car.

Why? Because I like cars that look good, and there are few cars in this game that have good wheelfitment. So anyone modding cars to get good fitment or are doing realistic engine/drivetrainswaps isn't getting reported by me. If some punk starts ramming and beeing a total jerk, I'll kick if I'm hosting or ask for him to be kicked if I'm not.

I used to have some hybrids in GT5 ( Volvo 240 Estate with 426 Hemi being one of them), and the lowpoint of GT5 was when they got "fixed" by PD. If they can do that, they should also be able to make the game so that it can be done without hacking.

What I don't like with modded cars are those stupidly highpowered ones that some people bring to the wrong lobbies.

But it's not the cars themselves I dislike. It's the morons driving them. I used to have a 11000+ bhp Daihatsu Move...the 4WD. Now that's one example of those insanely stupid cars I'm talking about. (Top speed of +750 km/h with wheelspin on RS-tires, TC @10). But I never brought it out on track unless it was a lobby for stupidly hacked cars, or I got permission from the host. There were some lobbies where we started talking about hacked cars and the host, or someone else, wanted to see it in action

Honestly I would not report someone with a modded car period.

In the drifting community modded cars are our own personal creations of cars that we either replicate from our favorite driver in real life, our own personal car we actually want or that we have in real life. So no i will never report a player for a modded car in the drifting community.

But i will report my friends for modded cars just because I can mainly you @Isho hahaha just kidding

Last edited:
My 2p.

If people are using hybrids/modded cars in drift rooms, but they are drifting and playing nicely, and only really using the hybrid for stance points, then it's not an issue in the slightest.

If they're acting a cock, then it would be report time I'm afraid.

If I was able to hybrid, I would be very annoyed at the idiots that take the piss.

On a side, but relevant note, I joined a 'clean or kick' nurburgring 24h 2lap lobby yesterday. 650pp, I chose my base model M3 GT.

I haven't played in ages so I'm a little rusty, ended up battling a classic mini for last place.

The fact it was an obvious hybrid didn't detract from the fact I had lots of fun battling with this guy. He didn't take the piss, he was just having fun annoying gt3 and gt500 cars in his old mini. Hilarious stuff. No harm done.

Personally I wouldn't report hybrid users unless they have stupid hp or overly grippy chassis which cause problems. Hybrids are an extension of drifters personality in the game and make gt6 a more unique game. Remember gt5? The hybrids gave an almost dead game a big 2nd wind and revived it.

Back