[POLL] S2U - What's your favorite camera view?

• Thread starter paytonlow
  • 38 comments

What's your favorite (most used) camera view?

• Bumper cam

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Hood cam

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • Cockpit cam

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Helmet cam

Votes: 38 31.7%
  • Chasing cam

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters
Cockpit view almost exclusively. Most of the cockpits are very well done and much less claustrophobic than in GT5. The only problem is in some cars, the steering wheel gets in the way of the tachometer.

Helmet cam sounds good in theory, but the camera swaying kills it for me. It causes disorientation and makes me miss the apex.

I like to pretend Im really racing (and with Shift 2 it isnt hard) so I use the view I think is closer to IRL... the hood view, because when Im driving I only see the hood and the road, I dont see two wheels and Im not always looking at the dashboard, but I respect those that use diferent views expecialy pad users. If I played with a pad I would probably use the cockpit cam.

I know I'll be ridiculed for this, but I still drive with the chase cam. I'm an old guy that started playing video games when my son got me addicted to GT3.

Now that's the only view I've ever used, and you know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks! I should try the other views, just for the experience, but every time I do I always go back to chase cam.

Plus, I just like being able to see my car!

Last edited:
^ If that's what's gives you fun then enjoy it mate.

Cockpit for me, I haven't been playing too long but in determined to give helmet cam a good go.
Maybe do some hotlaps to get accustomed.

I find the Helmet Cam disorienting because we rely on positional changes on-screen to indicate when the vehicle is not heading in the intended direction. While in the middle or even entering a turn is Bubba turning his head... or am I loose? Without the sensation of motion, it can be difficult to differentiate. I am having a hard time enjoying the view.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, while on a straight, if I'm in the wrong side of the track the car starts to "crab walk". Buy in reality, it's Bubba looking over to the other side of the track.

Those of you who like the Helmet Cam, how have you overcome the disorientation?

I find the Helmet Cam disorienting because we rely on positional changes on-screen to indicate when the vehicle is not heading in the intended direction. While in the middle or even entering a turn is Bubba turning his head... or am I loose? Without the sensation of motion, it can be difficult to differentiate. I am having a hard time enjoying the view.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, while on a straight, if I'm in the wrong side of the track the car starts to "crab walk". Buy in reality, it's Bubba looking over to the other side of the track.

Those of you who like the Helmet Cam, how have you overcome the disorientation?

I keep the front of the car in the center of his vision, it actually really helps with entry and exit angles. Also eliminates the need for Track Line assist, as the helmet cam gives you breaking, shifting, and turning cues....

Was always hood cam for me but S2 has some great cockpit cams, far better than GT5's, using this view more and more now and lovin the game even more so :)

My favorite for serious racing is hood cam. For having fun is helmet cam. Liking it more and more because getting used to it. It may would have been the regular cockpit cam but this time around they put you way too close to the dash (really hate that). Favorite for drifting is chase cam.

Back