POLL: The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 11 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 45 comments

THEME: GathRing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people have failed to include something that's part of the rules then they should be DQ'd. I respect @syntex123 's decision to let the more creative interpretations slide as it's his and @JKcreativeworks ' call at the end of the day.

FYI, Japanese plates are all numeric. The closest thing they have to vanity plates are the lesse- digit examples such as 00-23 (shown as ·· 23) which is popular because it reads 'Ni' 'San' or 00-07 (shown as ·· ·7) which is popular on RX-7's.

I was only highlighting the errors so people could learn something. I don't read or speak Japanese and everything I know I've learnt by reading up on them over the years. There's lots of info out there for people that're interested.

Ironically LHD cars are quite popular in Japan as they're seen as a status symbol. If you're seen in a LHD high-end European car you're doing well for yourself or are part of the Yakuza!

Likewise, I get the style you were aiming for, just a shame it didn't really translate into the game all that well. I recall a gold GT-R that was fully covered, and whilst not my cup of tea, I can't deny it has a very artistic appearance...

Tokyo-Auto-Salon-10.jpg

Whilst more DIY, the sharpie covered R33 ended up looking quite good too...

car-art-sharpie-pen-drawing-1.jpg

I was on the forums with my ER34 at the time when the owner was posting regular updates as he and his wife finished each panel. It was quite exciting to see the progress as it was quite a unique concept back then.

Reading that article the silver and gold cars are by the same company, the Silver example preceded the gold one.

Either way they both kind of remind me of these...

View attachment 759781

I don't know if you played with the textures at all, but matt decals over a metallic silver base may have worked a bit better as the chrome may have been too much of a contrast to work as intended?

Those engraved R35's remind of the Damascene guns more than that the ugly phone case.

Attachments

• PW022_Alchemists-5.jpg
    PW022_Alchemists-5.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 11
I Wasn't online since Tuesday. Today is my first Log-In after a while and just have read that something in my entry was against the rules and now I'm disqualified? :(

it took so much time to do the Livery.

I Wasn't online since Tuesday. Today is my first Log-In after a while and just have read that something in my entry was against the rules and now I'm disqualified? :(

it took so much time to do the Livery.
The one with the missing bonnet? I’d have voted for that one too.

I would've notified you sooner @Street Racer 77 but I'm not always in the "referee" role when I look at what people post up as their entries. Sometimes images are too big - I don't catch that before I go to my computer.
In your case, you had two spoiler images - yes, a "stupid way to get disqualified" I know, but rules are rules, each round could vary in how many you can post. I didn't catch this sooner because, well, I don't read every post with a hammer in my hand, and sometimes I forget.

The morale from this post is - I shouldn't have to remind people to read the rules. That's your job as a contestant. :)

If I'm really nit picking, then most of the Japanese plates people have used here are wrong. The main culprit being the Yellow Kei car plates which are only fitted to a vehicle with a <660cc engine. Also the small number at the top indicates engine size. The GT-R should have a number starting with a 3 which indicates a car with an engine >2,000cc (numbers starting 5 indicate <2,000cc). A few people have also fallen foul of the anime style plates with #-### or ##-### formats.

DQ all of those and there wouldn't be much left... technically perhaps the right thing to do and fair towards those who did the research properly but not quite the best idea in the name of having fun.

Hey wow two votes so far, that's more than the 0 votes I honestly expected with all the amazing entries this competition. Good job everyone and congratulations to the winner!

Totally forgot to check who won/if there was a tiebreaker. So I’m almost 4h late in congratulating @TYLER2013! Congratulations, man. Absolutely stunning Blitz livery.

To the rest of you - good work! I loved every GT-R that entered. Glad to see so many entries. Keep that up!

I have a PM to write!

DQ all of those and there wouldn't be much left... technically perhaps the right thing to do and fair towards those who did the research properly but not quite the best idea in the name of having fun.

I mean, rules are rules. That said a number of cars made it to vote with only one licence plate

@baldgye
At least one license plate is better than none.

If anyone wants me to swing the DQ hammer more, do let me know. I could always get the creators to look over the entries before I make the poll, in case I include an entry the creator would DQ.

- but please, I don’t want to keep reminding people to correct their entries, be it size problems, wrong scape, too many bonus images etc. At some point I’ll stop this. It’s not my fault if an entry is DQ’ed caused by ignorance of the rules.

And on that note.. /threadclosed.

If anyone have suggestions, take it to a PM or go to the suggestion thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back