Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

It's time to Suit Up! Livery and image by @JKcreativeworks - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Let's take advantage of the latest content update and make ourselves some suits. Before I hand the microphone over to @JKcreativeworks let me say the following - read the rules thoroughly. Adjustments have been made and a new mandatory location has been added. If you want to keep Shiretoko, be sure to look at the new settings in the spoiler below. The settings for the new location can be found there as well. Okay, let's hear what Jacob has to say:

Alright, first of all, I want to tell people that I do not feel as much for race suits as I do for car liveries. But due to popular demand and the new update (which isn't all that new anymore), I'd like to give the race suit editor a try for the next contest! You make a sweet race suit, BUT: you have to make a matching car livery to go with it. So no race suit fitting your older livery project(s), no, but something new! It may be a replica, fantasy, easy or complex for all I care. It's your call!... But I want it to be a proper and honest project.

CARS: No restrictions.
LIVERIES: Suit and car livery need to match.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko or White Sands 01/09 for the main pics (Add avatar next to it, left upper part?)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No previous car liveries to match your race suit, it has to be a newly done livery.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #3

8qTbOTv.png

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #6

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #7

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #8

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #9

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

12b.jpg

12c.jpg

12a.jpg

12d.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

View media item 43265View media item 43264
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21

42476300860_d3fb992c5f_z.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23

ubVJ47S.jpg

127Awhf.jpg

4827880801673936908_14.png

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25

Deadline

September 2, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)[/spoiler]

Last edited:
I don't know if it's error free. Please let me know if I got more wrong. I
'm not in the right place to find more errors right now. :lol: Fixed what I saw.

If you feel any entries are missing - do let me know. I believe every entry is counted for, minus the DQs obviously.

Last edited:
'm not in the right place to find more errors right now. :lol: Fixed what I saw.

If you feel any entries are missing - do let me know. I believe every entry is counted for, minus the DQs obviously.
Everything looks fine to me now. :)

So, the votes: two of the three were super easy, as I literally fell in love with both entries by the time I saw them. They are #15, Lucky Luke the crash test dummy, and #24, the Chupacabra. Simply amazing work by both of you :bowdown::bowdown:

As for the third...this was tough, very tough indeed. I was undecided between five different entries, but eventually went with the #14 A70 Supra, the level of detail on that livery is what got me.

Great job to everyone though, a LOT of quality entries as usual :cheers:

I believe that my BRZ entry is not in the poll.

Unless it's been DQed or maybe there has been some kind of selection to reduce the poll count then it's fine. :)

@Stephan,

Yeah sorry about that. You were one of the entries with too many images. That was the only error this time, no entries were too big, so that’s a step in the right direction.

@Stephan,

Yeah sorry about that. You were one of the entries with too many images. That was the only error this time, no entries were too big, so that’s a step in the right direction.
Fair enough. No one told me about having too many photos in my entry.

I'll just come back in the next contest then. :)

Anyway as for the voting, I chose 7,9, and 10. They all look professional. 👍

No one told me about having too many photos in my entry.

I’d hate to sound rude, but noone should have to tell you either, I said it so many times in the past competitions I hate to remind everyone to read the rules.

I also said a few times I wouldn’t continue the reminders, so if you feel you’ve been treated unfair, I’m sorry about that.

In each competition thread, there is a set of rules. Some stay the same, some change. I’ve underlined, bolded and even obliqued some of the most important ones. It shouldn’t have to be neccessary to remind everyone all the time to fix their entries.

I know, you might not like how I wrote this answer. But I’m done being overly polite about this very subject.

In case you wonder how many bonus shots you’re allowed in the new competition - read the OP. :)

In terms of livery design #18 comes out on top for me. I used to love watching the Lister Storms race in the 00's and this is a really clever reboot.

I also chose #16 for being a bit different, bold and original and perhaps a more true to the rules approach.

Finally I went with #7 as I know how much it means to @syntex123

Picking the first one was quite easy. @Raphaele entry was an obvious choice for me, for its originality, the care brought to the presentation (the text, the pics), and the clean execution.

Choosing the next ones was harder. I even thought about giving only one vote this time.

After further inspection, I give my vote to @danhighway Supra and @BombaMat Viper. But it could easily have been four or five others !

That was a great round again !

**** just missed the competition but still want to show you my Mille Miglia outfit with the matching cars. Hope you will enjoy!!

(click on the picture for the gallery)

Edit: Just saw I can still join till 2 september.... will make a picture on the White Sands... is it allowed to place to cars in it or is restriction definitely one car?

Last edited:
**** just missed the competition but still want to show you my Mille Miglia outfit with the matching cars. Hope you will enjoy!!
Edit: Just saw I can still join till 2 september.... will make a picture on the White Sands... is it allowed to place to cars in it or is restriction definitely one car?

Fine job, but this is the poll thread for the closed competition.
Feel free to enter the current Livery Editor Competition.

The only mistake I see is in the poll. my entry is option 36.
Yeah, the stupid auto-fill does that sometimes, and when I’m copy-pasting and typing in each number quick and then hitting TAB it can slip past me. :D it’s fixed now.

Finally I went with #7 as I know how much it means to @syntex123

Haha thanks Ed, but I hope it wasn’t a pity vote :lol: :cheers:

I should get around to voting soon too.

Yeah, the stupid auto-fill does that sometimes, and when I’m copy-pasting and typing in each number quick and then hitting TAB it can slip past me. :D it’s fixed now.

Your entry was actually one of the last five that were battling for my third vote, for what it means, so I hardly doubt his was a pity vote! :P

Your entry was actually one of the last five that were battling for my third vote, for what it means, so I hardly doubt his was a pity vote! :P

It could be - in my eyes that livery sucked. :lol: I had plans for a KCMG (or what the name of the team was) livery, but lost motivation so I recolored it. Still ended up quite meh, not my best work. :lol:

It could be - in my eyes that livery sucked. :lol: I had plans for a KCMG (or what the name of the team was) livery, but lost motivation so I recolored it. Still ended up quite meh, not my best work. :lol:
I had that with the KCMG livery also but managed to power through. Must just be a really sucky livery to do!

How I hate voting when I've got so many favourites but only three votes.

Finally I went with

• Option #3 (@LineR32 | AMG) because I simply couldn't stand that colour scheme.
  • Option #7 (@syntex123 | Dad's GT-R) because I simply couldn't stand that lovely idea.
  • Option #24 (@Cytoria | Green Chupacabra) because perfect is the enemy of good.

If I had more votes I would have additionally chosen Option #2, #8, and #19…

I had that with the KCMG livery also but managed to power through. Must just be a really sucky livery to do!

Apparently! :lol: I will try later on the Super GT GT-R.. maybe it ends up looking better than it does on the GT3. I think it’s odd how I felt meh about it, it’s a pretty livery in real life.

Not at all, with some 'proper' sponsors the car would look realistic! But as a tool for matching a livery to a suit it works well!

I finally got around to voting too, a few hours ago.

I have no words, as I liked all the cars in this round as I always do. Some were great, some were excellent.

My first vote went to @danhighway and his nice Supra. Very clean and very well executed.
All period correct decals too, which is sometimes forgotten. Good work!

My second went to no other than @Raphaele and his Crash Test Dummy. An entry that made me smile and giggle, the "fact sheet" about "Lucky" Luke was cool, and of course, this translated to his work. Well done!

My third vote went to @Cytoria and his green Chupacabra.
Great vibrant colors and a nice design. Funny helmet too, I loved it.

There's no order to my votes. I just did them in a chronological order. :)

Good luck everyone, things can still happen! ;) and thank you to everyone who voted for this soon-to-be daddy. ;)

The green monster won! Congratulations to @Cytoria - or should we call you chupacabra now? ;) fantasic livery. Very unique!

To the rest, good job! Pat yourself on the back and prepare for the next round.. but be sure to enter the current competition too, of course.

Julien, I will reach out in a PM shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back