Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

What oil do you like? Doesn't matter. It's all about Castrol this fortnight. Livery and image by @Cytoria - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Castrol. Who doesn't have a favorite livery in mind when you hear that word? I know I do. Tom's Supra anyone? This fortnight Cytoria has brought us an interesting imaginative story to get you inspired too, let's hear:

If the LEC #13 was about copying something real, this week’s theme is more about creativity and freedom. I’ve also chosen the Gr.4 class cars because they were the less represented in the previous competitions (Blitz’s NSX from LEC #01 is the only winning Gr.4 car yet).

« I’m a marketing director and I work for Castrol Competition Service. This year, we’ve got the budget to sponsor one team in an international touring car series. We can’t afford a full season in the FIA WEC or another high-end championship, so we’d rather focus on smaller classes. Over the years, Castrol sponsored a lot of teams, with very various designs. Now we want to choose the team which shows the best our identity and involvement in motorsports.»

CARS: Gr.4 cars only.
LIVERIES: Original creations are highly encouraged, but I won’t disqualify a livery inspired by an existing Castrol livery.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed.
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko / White Sands for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Castrol has to be the main sponsor of the car, but it may not be the only sponsor if you wish so.
  • As the theme takes place in the present and with modern cars, only the current Castrol logo is allowed. You can still play with it (text only, round shape only, etc…) but you can’t use older versions of the logo.
  • All Gr.4 cars are allowed.
  • The livery must be Sport Mode friendly. You can use your own number plate or none, but the livery must be compatible with the « Type 1 » GT plate.
  • No need to design a suit or helmet.
  • Presentation : two main pics from the mandatory locations (see settings in the spoiler below), and one bonus shot with no restrictions.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • You have three votes to spend - use them wisely!
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.

Poll Option #1

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #2

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #3

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #4

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #5

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #6

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #7

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #8

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #9

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15

[/URL]

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16

View media item 43862View media item 43827
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19

201809191057423.jpg
20180919105732.jpg

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22

Audi1.png

Audi2.png

audi3.png

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24

View media item 43944View media item 43945
8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #27

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #28

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #29

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #30

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #31

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #32

Deadline

September 30, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

Last edited:
I wish I had any inspiration to change out my entry, but I didn’t really have the time. I realize I won’t get many votes but I don’t mind. I had fun entering anyway.

And thank you @Cytoria for this great theme! :cheers:

The DQ‘s this round was mostly because of some errors to the entry images, glad to see people finally begin to read the rules ;)

So apparently I got disqualified again but I didn't receive any notification that there were errors in my entry and nobody said anything about it. It feels like I was forgotten instead of disqualified. What's up this time?

@TYLER2013 yours isn’t in? It must’ve slipped through the cracks. I spent 3h30min preparing so forgive me if I see myself blind checking and checking again. Will reset the poll and add it right now.

@MrWaflz55 - too big bonus image. And like I probably said last time (and a bunch of times before) - I wouldn’t keep reminding people again and again and again to read the rules. That’s your job. :)

Edit: now I see some previous broken images work again. I’ll have to edit more. Ugh

@TYLER2013

@MrWaflz55 - too big bonus image. And like I probably said last time (and a bunch of times before) - I wouldn’t keep reminding people again and again and again to read the rules. That’s your job. :)

I thought that's what you would say, but I assure you I read over the entire ruleset clearly multiple times and even once today. Nowhere does it state what size your bonus image has to be. You even liked my final entry post, so how could you acknowledge it but not point out an error?

I thought that's what you would say, but I assure you I read over the entire ruleset clearly multiple times and even once today. Nowhere does it state what size your bonus image has to be. You even liked my final entry post, so how could you acknowledge it but not point out an error?
Because I'm tired of constantly feeling like you guys think I'm a pain in the backside when I only comment "read the rules" over and over and over again. + I mainly use GTP on my phone, not always easy to spot a bigger image then, right?

Also if you say you read clearly, then you probably missed this:
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
If that's not clear I don't know what is. All images are preview images, bonus or not.

Last edited:
@TYLER2013 yours isn’t in? It must’ve slipped through the cracks. I spent 3h30min preparing so forgive me if I see myself blind checking and checking again. Will reset the poll and add it right now.

Edit: now I see some previous broken images work again. I’ll have to edit more. Ugh

I don't see it. I looked before and after I signed in. Thanks would help lol.

It's in now - three two other entries too. The images were broken when I gathered the entries but now they appear to work.

You know what time it is.. Revoting time!

Because I'm tired of constantly feeling like you guys think I'm a pain in the backside when I only comment "read the rules" over and over and over again. + I mainly use GTP on my phone, not always easy to spot a bigger image then, right?

Also if you say you read clearly, then you probably missed this:
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
If that's not clear I don't know what is.

I was under the impression that preview images were the white ones that were used in the poll. What it says for spoiler images is this:

You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car and/or suit. You can post one additional photos inside a spoiler.

This implies to me that the tertiary spoiler image is optional and didn't even need to be there in the first place. If you care so much, why not just exclude that image and include my other two preview images instead of scrapping the entire thing.

You were also able to notify zzz_pt, daan and TheEvstar93 among others before the entry deadline came around about their broken entries, so I don't see why you would refuse to do the same for me. It obviously isn't any of their first times participating.

I was under the impression that preview images were the white ones that were used in the poll. What it says for spoiler images is this:

You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car and/or suit. You can post one additional photos inside a spoiler.

This implies to me that the tertiary spoiler image is optional and didn't even need to be there in the first place. If you care so much, why not just exclude that image and include my other two preview images instead of scrapping the entire thing.

You were also able to notify zzz_pt, daan and TheEvstar93 among others before the entry deadline came around about their broken entries, so I don't see why you would refuse to do the same for me. It obviously isn't any of their first times participating.

If you haven't seen, all images make it to the poll. Bonus and the main.

Yes, the spoiler image is optional. But it still needs to follow the rules. Still a preview image, isn't it?

Have you seen previous competitions at all? I've DQ'ed for less.

Well, when I spend 3h30min scrolling up and down and up and down every page multiple times, isn't it ok for me to go blind?
I shouldn't have had to notify anybody. I did it because of old habit. If I forget someone, it's because I overlooked it. Read above to see why.

Sorry if you feel excluded, but you have no idea how many hours I put into these competitions, if I forget to remind you of something you should've known from the start (by reading, by following suit when you see an entry) then please excuse me.

Every time there's at least one person who complains. I don't have to do these competitions, you don't have to join, I make them because I love doing something fun for this community (and I love that the majority here loves what I do, it makes me happy and motivated to continue), and you probably join because you think it is fun too. That's the thing - you're not entering to win a cash prize, you do it to have fun. Right?

I don't have time to discuss further, I need to sleep. It's soon 4:30AM and I need to get to an important meeting in...six hours? If I don't show I don't get money. And I need that money. It's a matter of if I can keep this apartm... I don't have to explain myself to you. Good night.

@syntex123

Don't forget there's two sides to this story. I've probably wasted 5+ hours on a thread series I've never even been included in now. Could've spent that time doing much better things. But here I am, donating my time for your thread for free. I don't have to be here either.

All I'm saying is it would've taken a ten second decision not to use an optional big image in order to not ruin someone else's day. I don't see how that's an unreasonable position to have.

Last edited:
Maybe just change "preview images must not exceed 640px in either direction" with "images...". Other than that iirc when I collected the poll entries in the beginning I also cut out the spoiler if it was too big. For the first one I made the poll for I even resized every image that was too big to have it in the poll and that took more time than everything else..

Voted #2, #14 and #32. Number 2 looks cool, nice paint combo, and the other two i liked for their simplicity.
If i had 4th vote, i'd give it to #21: i have it on my drift-spec 86 and it looks stunning

Good luck everyone! :)

Firstly, sorry to @syntex123 for not being available to help out with the poll last night. Even though I was home in time, my wife needed my laptop to prepare something for work. Going forward, since we're seeing almost 40 entries at a time now, is it worth giving yourself an extra 24 hours to prepare the poll? I still also think PM-ing entries alongside the public post might be handy as I was hit by the random missing images/posts thing when I collated last round's entries and found at least 3 more that I swear weren't visible when I first scrolled through?

Either way, some fantastic entries that once again show the power of a more 'limited' theme.

My votes went the way of:

#19 - Clever use of the Gazoo livery in a believable Castrol form (and arguably the livery Toyota should have run on their WRC Yaris')

#21 - One of the few people to do something different with the Castrol logo

#28 - A nice fluid livery that works well with the lines of the car.

After progressively reducing my selection betweeen all these good entries, my votes go for :

#2 @D-Max : This is a mean design with modernized Castrol colours which fits well the M4.

#8 @MMX : Clear and strong design with the use of the logo’s « pills ».

#28 @PrinsvOranje : Fluid design which works well with the car and the added gold lines clearly shows skills in masking techniques.

Honorables mentions to @dizco @Slender_Man @Sjaak and @TYLER2013 , the final bunch was hard to settle !

It may be a bit harsh as a reason for a DQ but it is there in the rules. No, it doesn't specifically state which size your image inside the spoiler should be, but as the only image size stipulation is for "less than 640px", I think it's fair to assume that covers all images. I also happen to think that rule is completely unnecessary and doesn't need to be there, but it is, and it needs to be followed.

Also, my images followed the rules and the issue (that I didn't know about until right now) was a Flickr links issue, but I did not change anything for my pictures to be acceptable, as they were always acceptable.

This is not the thread for this discussion either.

-------------------------

Anyway, I voted for 1, 6 & 9.

@dizco because of the way the livery pops out at you.

@syntex123 because it's so clean and simple (in a good way.)

@Lebowski because it's on the same car I used and so much better than mine!

I went for 9 and 28, not sure whose they are.

Good to see another full round of entries. Didn't get mine finished in the end but I doubt anyone's missing out!

@syntex123

Don't forget there's two sides to this story. I've probably wasted 5+ hours on a thread series I've never even been included in now. Could've spent that time doing much better things. But here I am, donating my time for your thread for free. I don't have to be here either.

All I'm saying is it would've taken a ten second decision not to use an optional big image in order to not ruin someone else's day. I don't see how that's an unreasonable position to have.

Yes, you probably spent hours on that livery. As everyone does. If you're pulling the "waste of time card" let this sink in - I spend far more than "5+ hours" here on GTPlanet each day organizing these competitions, I spend almost every waking moment to oversee that everything is going as it should. I do it because I enjoy it. I love being a helpful member bringing what I think is quality content to this forum.

Yes, it could've been a quick decision to just remove your image which was oversized. But would that be fair to those in previous comps (and this one maybe) that they were left out of the poll, yet here you are? No. Everything you enter must follow the rules. It would be easier if you decided to cut that bonus image instead.

Firstly, sorry to @syntex123 for not being available to help out with the poll last night. Even though I was home in time, my wife needed my laptop to prepare something for work. Going forward, since we're seeing almost 40 entries at a time now, is it worth giving yourself an extra 24 hours to prepare the poll? I still also think PM-ing entries alongside the public post might be handy as I was hit by the random missing images/posts thing when I collated last round's entries and found at least 3 more that I swear weren't visible when I first scrolled through?

I probably need more than 4-ish hours from now on, that's for sure. And you're probably right. But in light of my future in under 90 days, I think if I received said PMs I wouldn't have the capacity to organize and moderate as I do now - although it would be a great way to go fourth, yeah.

It may be a bit harsh as a reason for a DQ but it is there in the rules. No, it doesn't specifically state which size your image inside the spoiler should be, but as the only image size stipulation is for "less than 640px", I think it's fair to assume that covers all images. I also happen to think that rule is completely unnecessary and doesn't need to be there, but it is, and it needs to be followed.

Also, my images followed the rules and the issue (that I didn't know about until right now) was a Flickr links issue, but I did not change anything for my pictures to be acceptable, as they were always acceptable.

That rule might be unnecessary but it's worked so well for the PMC making everything look well organized so I'm not sure I will ditch the size rule yet - I might accept a larger size, but imo a size rule should still be there. This could be brought up in the suggestions thread if enough people find the sizing to be a huge problem. I can only speak for myself but 14 competitions without much problems and complaints, I think it's doing fine.

Your entry was put back in the poll, as when I added @TYLER2013's entry I noticed your image links worked again. Did the same to another entry. There was another one - but the entry format was wrong and I saw that after adding it so I had to remove it.

Thanks for the vote though. :)

And now that I'm up to speed and the discussion has calmed down, I hereby announce an end to this discussion. If anyone else feels treated wrong, don't hesitate to send me a PM, so we can work it out there instead. There's a reason for every DQ - I don't do it because I want to.

Hey sweet. Two votes.

One thing that may make creating a pollthread easier would be to have the submissions thread be for submissions only. Have a discussion thread ongoing for discussion. That would give you far less clutter to go through. And if you could simply edit the OP to add a poll you could be done in half an hour or so.

I should get around to voting soon too, but I need more time to think. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back