Status
Not open for further replies.

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

POLL : REMINDER OF THE THEME

This week, the cars will pay tribute to animes. Last winner @Baliwa set this theme, let's hear whar he has to say :

Itasha is a Asia special livery to me, and bit a guilty pleasure when make it. I want you guys embrace it and loving it maybe after you guys done, for make it easier you can any character from any animation from all over the world even Mecha or Furry character as long as it not nude and not real human photo.

If you ask can we use character like Haribo, or Hello Kitty mascot yes you can but I didn't want see you guys make some replica, I want see you guys make something original be free be wild!

CARS : Gr.1 / Gr.2 / Gr.3 / Gr.4 / Gr.B / Gr.Xr race cars only.
LIVERIES : Original creations only.
USER MADE DECALS : No restrictions.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS : No restrictions.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
- The main "sponsor" of the livery must be an anime character.
- You can use any character from any country animation, game, comic and mascot.
- You can use mascots like Haribo (Haribo Racing), Hello kitty (Attempo Racing), PM.U brake (Cerumo Super Formula)
- You can use mecha like Gundam, Transformers, etc.
- You can use pop culture character (Star Wars Holden Racing)
- You can use the things that resemble the show (sword, plane, ship, you get the idea)
- You can NOT use shapes only (Eva Racing) or human photo (Taylor Swift on Nascar tour promotion) even it counted as Ita but sorry I didn't want see that on here.
- The car must use real numberplate (i.e SGT, Blancpain, or PWC) or Basic Numberplate 01 & 02.
- The numberplate location must be Sport mode compatible.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on December 4, 2018 (23:20, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a full week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01
01-f.jpg

01-r.jpg

01-s.jpg

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04
View media item 45403View media item 45402 _________________________________________

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06
06-f.jpg

06-r.jpg

06-s.jpg

Poll Option #07
1y5lw95.jpg

esTtR80.jpg

59joxak.jpg

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09
09-f.jpg

09-r.jpg

09-s.jpg

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21
21-f.jpg

21-r.jpg

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Last edited:
Easy decision for me;
24, 25 & 26

Okami, **** yes and the other two are just great colour and deal combos that make for handsome liveries.
I've edited the poll to include @UnkaD
I don't know if you have to vote again, please check (and thanks for your vote, too ;) )

I choose 4, 7, and 28 because it utilized anime characters and the anime characters that are used on that car I recognize it.

Great job to everyone who are in this competition. Good entries I see here.

First I wanna say thank you, I didn't expect we have healthy number (28 entry) when I throw the idea I just think ah maybe it will done with 10 or 15 entry only.

Second, this is for shake of improvement is someday you guys will make this again don't afraid for make the character bigger for better propositional full body doesn't mean you must use all but sometimes better use full body indeed.

Ah and yeah I won't reveal my choice but if I can get vote over 5 car I'll vote lot car :lol:

I felt #1, #5 and #13 best captured the theme.

I also liked #22 and #5 for taking a different take on the brief.

The competition is really nice and see a lot of good effort. I know this theme wasn't in my alley. But liked to be challenged to do something different.

Decided to go for #5 as winner, I just got hooked since the first time I saw it!!

#24 just the colors are brilliant.

#27 Hope that my kids will like this as much as I do in the future!! Keep up the good work!!

Once again, hard to choose between all these great entries...

Chance has made that among my top choices there are two Nier liveries. I didn’t play it, but the little details, the colours and the shapes of these cars really speak to me. Well done @KK78 and @Sjaak !

Thrid vote was hard to decide between @baldgye Akira NSX and @machine1121 Atenza. The first one is very « mature » while the second is more colourful and cute. I eventually went for the second option, as @Baliwa said above, the character is more prominent.

Special mentions go to @CorvairGuy69 and @Raphaele who dared to propose something different, to @SkoLvic for a nice first participation, to @PrinsvOranje for his work on the decals and to machine1121’s daughter for a promising debut in the livery world.

Great work everyone !

Some great entries, I chose those where the whole livery felt like it represented the character/game/film or TV so it looks like a collective livery not simply big images plastered on a car. Maybe I'm missing the point :D

Liveries I didn’t like or didn’t think fit the theme very well: Western cartoons, liveries with little or no geometry, Disney, and

...Pinup girls?

Liveries I enjoyed: KCM Naruto (22), Pikachu Peugeot VGT (3), whatever 28 was, the EVA M6 (very different than every other Evangelion livery), pretty much everything else.

Ended up slapping three random buttons because I couldn’t decide. Made sure it wasn’t mine (6).

I struggle to 'like' these type of liveries so I won't lie, I closed my eyes and voted haha

MMX
Agreed. The cartoons are just too weird, or maybe I'm too old.

I fully aware this challenge isn't for everybody :lol: and yea voted with closed eyes pretty fun for sure :lol: and fun fact I starting getting tired with scene anyway beside I getting old another reason I just too tired making something like this, making 3 100% replica car is much better than making 1 itasha for now :lol:

...says the guy who forced 28 others to make Itashas :lol:
then you need see how much I making that since cover image till during this event run (that I make for personal and public :lol:) it over 28 :lol:

well next time if I ever get some win again you can bet that much easier than this but still crazy like this :cheers:

@Baliwa I actually liked this theme.

I like how the LEC pushes ourselves out of our boundaries. And an Okami livery was on my mind for 6 months. I just regret that my work schedule didn’t allow me to do the ZoE2 livery, but that’s planned !

Pretty happy with how this has gone, this livery was the hardest to come up with an idea but is the most successful livery I've ever submitted!
Cheers to those who voted for me :cheers:

Don't really know how to critique these things; I trip over written word. Right off the bat I really like no.21. Something about the dark livery offset by white and aquatic colors, and everything fits together very well. It looks like a legitimate livery from Super GT.

The next one that grabs me is no.8. Like others I haven't played the game(there is a free demo available on PS Store I intend to try out if anyone else is interested). This one's just simply beautiful. I'm normally a stickler for cars that shouldn't have 4 or 5 lug wheels, but the livery makes up in a big way.

The last vote was a tough decision but it eventually landed on entry no.1. Great work by everyone! It feels good to finally have time to sit down and get back at this again!

whatever 28 was,
It's a slice-of-life/romantic-comedy called Toradora that aired in 08-09. The two main characters make a pact to help hook up with each others' best friends.

Last edited:
iveries I didn’t like or didn’t think fit the theme very well: Western cartoons, liveries with little or no geometry, Disney, and

...Pinup girls?

Liveries I enjoyed: KCM Naruto (22), Pikachu Peugeot VGT (3), whatever 28 was, the EVA M6 (very different than every other Evangelion livery), pretty much everything else.

Ended up slapping three random buttons because I couldn’t decide. Made sure it wasn’t mine (6).

I won't bother you another time with a pinup maybe I only should have used the back decall maybe that was better fitting on the side.... Hope I didn't offended you. Was just trying to be creative in a theme which is not my best.

8214566899496813068_0.jpg

I too was definitely not expecting to like doing an Itasha livery, it was fun eventually! And somehow I even ended up getting some votes, hopefully Asuka is happy with all this :P

@Baliwa I actually liked this theme.

I like how the LEC pushes ourselves out of our boundaries. And an Okami livery was on my mind for 6 months. I just regret that my work schedule didn’t allow me to do the ZoE2 livery, but that’s planned !

Pretty happy with how this has gone, this livery was the hardest to come up with an idea but is the most successful livery I've ever submitted!
Cheers to those who voted for me :cheers:

For a middle European resident like me Far East/Asian culture (or subculture) is something so strange and unknown.
I do not understand how grown-up men can decorate their powerful rides and professional performance cars with things like flowers, blossoms and cute girlies.

At first glance at the theme my hair stood on end…
But the good thing about is that I learned to tolerate this and to accept the challenge.
Going with Disney was an appropriate way for me to manoeuvre around the traps and find a Western-style loophole.

Thanks for your votes and likes my friends! Hopefully the next theme will not cover "Kawaii"...
My votes went to 15, 18, 19 just because I like the choice of vehicle and colour schemes.

Last edited:
I like the theme for this honestly. It gave me the chance to showcase my ability to do itasha.

And seeing the competition here just makes me want to improve more in making itasha. Thanks to a healthy no. of anime decals that are being uploaded to the community that I recognize (e.g K-On decals) plus a user here that can vectorize anime decals, it just make me want to do itasha liveries. It is also my way giving my appreciation to the animes I've seen.

And to those who voted my work, big thanks! :)

For a middle European resident like me Far East/Asian culture (or subculture) is something so strange and unknown.
I do not understand how grown-up men can decorate their powerful rides and professional performance cars with things like flowers, blossoms and cute girlies.

At first glance at the theme my hair stood on end…
But the good thing about is that I learned to tolerate this and to accept the challenge.
Going with Disney was an appropriate way for me to manoeuvre around the traps and find a Western-style loophole.

Thanks for your votes and likes my friends! Hopefully the next theme will not cover "Kawaii"...
My votes went to 15, 18, 19 just because I like the choice of vehicle and colour schemes.
Your livery is indeed amazing, and the "racing Nemo" thing is genius :) though the problem with it is the choice of a Disney cartoon. Itasha is something that's part of the Japanese culture, it's always about anime, so I had to exclude from my voting anything that involved Western stuff (Disney, Marvel, or anything like that), no matter how good it was; I can understand how not everyone can be into anime, I myself am a big anime watcher but not an Itasha liker, I find it a bit weird to decorate a race car with anime girls too, but that is Itasha, so I had to vote accordingly. Hadn't I done that, I'd still be here trying to decide who to vote for...because your Nemo is awesome, so is the Beetle with Ariel and her hair turning into the red part of the livery, and many many others which don't fit the theme properly. :(

I starting getting tired with scene anyway beside I getting old another reason I just too tired making something like this, making 3 100% replica car is much better than making 1 itasha for now :lol:
I'm quite the oppposite. For some reason, the older I get, my motivation to make itasha design is bigger. (Probably, because I don't have any patience to make replicas. :lol:)

Great designs from everyone envolved. It was really tough to choose 3, but I ended up to voting for designs #5, #6 and #7. I also really liked designs #26, #16, #22 and some others (like the Nier ones).

Thank you for welcoming me and for voting for my design. I hope to be able to participate in another competition soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back