POLL: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 01 - CLOSED (W: jBhIpS)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 37 comments

THEME: Open

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
GTPlanet-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Photo-Mode-Competition-Banner.jpg

This Week's Theme

To borrow the oft-used, high-pitched exclamation of a certain famous television presenter: we're back!

The GTP Gran Turismo Photo Mode Competition has returned. As you'd expect, we've transitioned to GT Sport. With Polyphony's characteristically in-depth photo mode, plus 1000 scape photos (and the series-first livery editor), there's a lot to work with for sim racing photographers.

We thank you for your patience: you may have already noticed the Project CARS 2 PMC on Monday, and/or the Forza Motorsport 7 one on Wednesday. If you popped your head into either of those, you'll find the theme here quite familiar:

"This week's theme is 'Open'. Or, more accurately, there is no theme. Snap whichever car(s) on whichever track, in whichever conditions, you want!"

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
SCAPES: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Poll Options

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

37738823272_be9176f3c1_z.jpg

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Poll Option #36

Poll Option #37

Poll Option #38

Poll Option #39

Poll Option #40

Poll Option #41

Poll Option #42

Poll Option #43

View media item 35919Poll Option #44

Poll Option #45

Poll Option #46

Poll Option #47

Poll Option #48

Poll Option #49

Poll Option #50

Poll Option #51

Poll Option #52

Poll Option #53

Poll Option #54

Poll Option #55

Poll Option #56

Poll Option #57

Poll Option #58

Poll Option #59

20171107213203-2-jpg.688730

Poll Option #60

Poll Option #61

Poll Option #62

Poll Option #63

Poll Option #64

Poll Option #65

Poll Option #66

Poll Option #67

Poll Option #68

Poll Option #69

Poll Option #70

Poll Option #71

Poll Option #72

Poll Option #73

Poll Option #74

Poll Option #75

Poll Option #76

Poll Option #77

Poll Option #78

Poll Option #79

Poll Option #80

Poll Option #81

Poll Option #82

Poll Option #83

Poll Option #84

Deadline

November 13, 2017

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a quick "THANK YOU" to slipztrem for all the work! Seeing this poll now, I know why it took so long :scared:

And awesome work by everyone! I had to scroll up and down for 20mins to finally decide! :)

Thanks Mitch! I have to give a shout out to @Jordan though, for bumping the maximum poll options up to make this one possible. :D

:gtpflag:

My vote was for 13, some pictures are maybe better but my heart said “this one” :P good luck everyone

Wrong place... leave these in the 02 competition thread where you'll also find instructions on how to submit ;)

Slip... might want to link instructions for submissions in this thread.

EDIT: :/ nevermind, I'm an idoit.

It'd have been nice to have 2 or 3 votes this time.

A couple of the flickr links are private, including the poll leader.

Wow.... I thought they would be some 'GTPlanet filter' so only some pics would make it to the pool, but it seems not. Great news, cause I didn't felt like posting and not being in the final bunch :-) Expect 100+ submissions for next competition !!! And great great job for all. I agree that we should be able to cast 1 vote per 30 submissions or so ! So tough to choose. (chose #34)

Wow.... I thought they would be some 'GTPlanet filter' so only some pics would make it to the pool, but it seems not. Great news, cause I didn't felt like posting and not being in the final bunch :-) Expect 100+ submissions for next competition !!! And great great job for all. I agree that we should be able to cast 1 vote per 30 submissions or so ! So tough to choose. (chose #34)

First editions always have all the entries :) after that, the winner will choose his/her top 8 (?) shots to be included in the poll.

It's the second rule, and it's bolded, but we've got three people that have broken it so far:

@hendy
@Jakedog23
@WrongEnd

EDIT: Three more — @joma, @samdu, @GTDNick72.

As it's the first week, the votes just won't be counted in the final tally. Please make sure you read all of the rules before voting, guys — if it's done in future weeks, images will be removed from the poll.

@SlipZtrEm you know #80 is missing in pool

Ack! I'm sorry @bello2185! To not mess up the vote counts for #81–84, I've added #80 to the end. To all future voters, please note this!

As @zzz_pt said, the first two weeks of comps always have every (eligible) entry included. After that, we'll have a judge that will narrow the field down a bit. Due to the volume, we're not quite sure where that number will sit quite yet — it's looking to be about 30 or so, however.

Last edited:
Man, the winner is probably going to have less than 20% of the votes! :) So many great images. Happy to see so many familiar names and a bunch of newcomers as well!

Everything here looks incredible, but I have to point out option number 56. It reminds me of the beginning of the US intro of Gran Turismo 3, and I absolutely love it.

Absolutely perfect.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
Careful, in subsequent comps calling out a specific photo will (EDIT: could? :) ) get it DQ'd regardless of your intent in doing so.

Last edited:
Careful, in subsequent comps calling out a specific photo will get it DQ'd regardless of your intent in doing so.

Oh my goodness, I apologize for that. I did not notice what the administrator said. Please remove my quote and I will remove my post content. Thank you.

Careful, in subsequent comps calling out a specific photo will get it DQ'd regardless of your intent in doing so.
Is that the same thing as trying to sway the poll? Several people here have given "thumps up" for a specific poll-option. Can @SlipZtrEm clarify the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back